You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LonerPrime

WG's stronk website programming

6 comments in this topic

294 posts
2,997 battles

Hey folks,

So I decided to visit WG's site to check up on the latest feed. Opened one of the newer articles and tripped on this interesting phenomenon. For your consideration, the impossible made possible:

3zqbmgy.jpg

Anyone able to explain this mysterious event? I had to do logout and do a full refresh on the site to get posting powers again.

In any case, stay classy WG.

-LonerPrime

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

The site uses single sign on login system. However, separate parts of the site checks for login with separate ajax call I suppose. I think refreshing the page should show you comment section correctly. I opened the exact same page, and I can see the comment box. And sometimes when I move on to other pages, I often see that I am not logged in in the top right corner, however, clicking on the login button will instantly log you in if you were actually logged in.

They could be more careful with site development.

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
On 8/14/2018 at 11:11 AM, LonerPrime said:

In any case, stay classy WG.

You had to log out and in again? You poor thing. Wargaming should be ashamed and compensate you for the wasted time!

294 posts
2,997 battles
6 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

You had to log out and in again? You poor thing. Wargaming should be ashamed and compensate you for the wasted time!

Allow me to assure you, my sarcasm radar blipped, so congratulations are in order since you clearly succeeded at your endeavour. That being said, your quirky remark was ultimately unnecessary for the sole fact that I have been around WG games for 7 years now and bloopers like these are present in almost all facets of their games and that's why I used the "classy" jab. To state a few more similar issues:

1) My firefox freezes on some of their articles if I leave them running for extended period in my tab. I've a comfortable 16gb RAM so it's definitely not my hardware and my task manager shows firefox still working but the program itself becomes completely frozen. Ultimately I have to restart the whole application to get running again.

2) I've the 2 step verification running as recommended by Wargaming but randomly any time I go to Premium shop the client logs itself out and asks me re-authenticate myself even though my IP is still the same. I don't know if it's intentional security measure or not but ultimately I'm unnecessarily forced to go through the motion of punching my password and then using my phone's app to access the final layer of security. 

Don't get me wrong, these issues aren't "OMG WTF, fix you shit WG!" kind but it doesn't hurt to point them out in a harmless fashion now, is it? Heck forget website, their are issues inside the game where my ship would just glue itself to certain coasts and no matter how I wiggle, it won't let me free. Maybe that would qualify me for "poor thing" status in your eyes, eh?

1,011 posts
7,459 battles
On 8/16/2018 at 11:34 PM, LonerPrime said:

your quirky remark was ultimately unnecessary

Oh you poor thing, first you have to lot out and in again. Now you have to write such a long reply. Boy or boy...