You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shifty_Panzer

Bad luck b̶r̶i̶a̶n̶ Bayern

18 comments in this topic

599 posts
7,578 battles

try not to put a 2 point captain on a t6 BB

yes, if you dont know, you can transfer your commander from another tech tree ship but requires re-training

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,828 posts
4,103 battles
1 minute ago, Gummilicious said:

yes, if you dont know, you can transfer your commander from another tech tree ship but requires re-training

Oooh yeah.  I just saw that.

At least a 7 pointer by then or if you are lucky a ten pointer.    2 pointer is terrible

243 posts
345 battles
11 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

4 battles..………………...small sample size means nothing

Yeah, first 4 battles didnt goes as planned.

243 posts
345 battles
11 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

I will try to remember that, thx for the advice.

1,001 posts
7,422 battles

Well, considering the 2pt captain, is that still the A hull? B has much better AA, more health, longer gun range and a couple knots faster.

Bayern likes to go close. She is one of my favourite T6 BB’s, but the guns can be frustrating at long range… and also at shorter range, haha. When they hit, they hit hard.

Like most T6’s she struggles in T8 matches, but at her tier, she has a good armour belt and good guns…. If you can hit the target.

Regarding captain skills, I’d recommend PT, EM, SI for 6 points. For 10 points, always a tough to weight up AFT vs CE. Probably CE is the way to go and I will redistribute my captain skills once it is free and give that a go. For now, having the long secondaries range is fun in a brawl and good for winning Close Quarters Expert achievements.

Most operations are T6, so it should be fairly quick to train a 10 pt captain. Operations are also good to earn the XP for upgrade modules.

[CLAY]
24 posts
5,817 battles

Try to learn how to put your position :

- U can shoot enemy Cruiser and BB

- Never alone in range 6-8 km with your allies

- never hide in the rock for shooting an enemy

- keep on moving but if you too far try don't shoot and reposition to near allies

315 posts
4,634 battles
On 8/13/2018 at 12:15 PM, Shifty_Panzer said:

0% winrate

I dont even know what to say, im just a bad player.

I lost my first 7 Scharnhorst battles, and my first 5 in Pensacola (T6) , and to this day have a 0% WR in Omaha (played one battle and free-xp'd the ship).

Though statistically speaking, your WR given zero useful contribution from your ship works out to about 40-45%. That is, your team can still carry the win 2 times out of 5.

Anyhow, you have to start somewhere. No captain skills, no upgrades, no familiarity with the ship ... it will only go up from here with practice. That's why they call it a "grind". :cap_viking:

243 posts
345 battles
29 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Anyhow, you have to start somewhere. No captain skills, no upgrades, no familiarity with the ship ... it will only go up from here with practice. That's why they call it a "grind". :cap_viking:

I have to agree with you, it really is a grind for me. But now i already have great results with the Bayern, overall great T6 BB

I already mounted some upgrades and researched some captain skills too.

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
13 hours ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

I have to agree with you, it really is a grind for me. But now i already have great results with the Bayern, overall great T6 BB

Everybody seems ot like the Fuso, but I like Bayern with Warspite the close second.

I wonder how this one will be: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Prinz_Eitel_Friedrich

243 posts
345 battles
2 hours ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Everybody seems ot like the Fuso, but I like Bayern with Warspite the close second.

I wonder how this one will be: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Prinz_Eitel_Friedrich

The PE Friedrich have 350mm gun tho, plus the ship is really long unlike the Bayern.

1,001 posts
7,422 battles
14 minutes ago, Shifty_Panzer said:

The PE Friedrich have 350mm gun tho, plus the ship is really long unlike the Bayern.

Yeah, I saw that. Still, looking forward to another KM BB.

156 posts
4,055 battles

@Shifty_Panzer Just noticed that you play KM BB's only. While its good to be a master of one tech tree line than be a jack(ass :Smile_hiding:) of all tech tree lines its good to play other lines/ships too. This gives you an idea of other ship's strengths and weaknesses. And how to maximize your strengths and hide your weaknesses in frunnop others. Now this starts coming handy in mid to high tiers. Which ships you can bowtank, which ships lolpen you, which ships you can get away with not angling that much, which ships you can charge and which ships you must run from. Which DD's have what torp range and whats there cooldown. Which cruisers are good with AP, which are good with HE, which cruisers you should not rush. Helps you survive longer in battle. And, longer survival ~~ more DMG ~~ higher success rate.

Just my two cents. And, well if your already aware of these facts about your rivals, then ignore my message. 

160 posts
5,905 battles

In my honest opinion, German BBs below T7 are better with CE.

Current engagement range and server meta don't allows that brawling screnarios that often, it would be better off to build tank/conceal build.

Remember, you still have to face T8 and with that small secondary range there are better skills to take.

If you plan to keep your captain at T6 ofc.

243 posts
345 battles
On 8/16/2018 at 9:17 PM, Anger_Lehner said:

@Shifty_Panzer Just noticed that you play KM BB's only. While its good to be a master of one tech tree line than be a jack(ass :Smile_hiding:) of all tech tree lines its good to play other lines/ships too. This gives you an idea of other ship's strengths and weaknesses. And how to maximize your strengths and hide your weaknesses in frunnop others. Now this starts coming handy in mid to high tiers. Which ships you can bowtank, which ships lolpen you, which ships you can get away with not angling that much, which ships you can charge and which ships you must run from. Which DD's have what torp range and whats there cooldown. Which cruisers are good with AP, which are good with HE, which cruisers you should not rush. Helps you survive longer in battle. And, longer survival ~~ more DMG ~~ higher success rate.

Just my two cents. And, well if your already aware of these facts about your rivals, then ignore my message. 

Well im still grinding the Kriegsmarine BB line, although im planning on playing the American lines.

Btw i learn ships from other nation too, thanks for the advice still.