You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Teatime

Please remove the karma system

62 comments in this topic

146 posts
10,189 battles

As above. 

It is really ruining my fun these days. My karma has gone from around 150 to 80 in the past few months and I can't for the life of me figure out what I am doing differently or wrong. I haven't been abusing anyone. I don't yolo. I have good games and bad games. Tonight played a Montana game, 6 kills 200k damage, 2500 base exp, received 1 compliment (i gave out 4). Next game didn't go so well, did 80k damage, got burned to death by a Worcester: 3 reports (I didn't report anyone, and complimented the enemy Worcester).  

These days, every time I play a t10 DD I get reported whether we win or lose, whether I play well or badly, whether I cap or flank. Every time I play Cleveland I get reported. 

Seriously, what is the point of it other than now just making people feel bad? You can't learn from it. 

WG if you are listening, please just get rid of it - it serves no meaningful purpose. At least give us the option of hiding notifications and the number and the option to report/compliment. 

Although I know I should just ignore it - I find it impossible. 

534 posts

Don't look at the battle result,left corner everytime you finish a game,I report incompetent dds/AFK teammates sometimes so I am fine of getting reported by some random dude,it just affect nothing to my account

Edited by Somedude_Yudachi

683 posts
7,347 battles

my thought is: don't be bothered by the Karma numbers.. OK, it's not easy

I had once took down two enemy DDs single handedly, and I got 2 reports (yeah you know where those were from)

I like, ok I will report back then XD

233 posts
13,966 battles

the karma system is not so benign. iirc, karma of 0 means you lose chat functionality. That is not so "meaningless".

You get reported because you are an aimbot towards someone on the losing team.

You get reported because you are not playing the way someone on your team wants you to play.

You get reported <insert choice of any thing>

As Mister Teh-ah-tim-eh puts it, the system is abused badly.

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Just don't look at the numbers. If you are talking about the notifications that pop up after the match, the notification for reports pops up only if two or more people report you.

Beta Tester
647 posts
3,515 battles
Just now, Thyaliad said:

Just don't look at the numbers. If you are talking about the notifications that pop up after the match, the notification for reports pops up only if two or more people report you.

Sometimes i looked at numbers for laughs. Like last match I've played , i killed a ARP Nachi with my Giulio Cesare and he hates me and report for being too good. Anyway every veterans will don't even give a damn about looking at Karma Numbers.

455 posts
8,038 battles
2 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

the karma system is not so benign. iirc, karma of 0 means you lose chat functionality. That is not so "meaningless".

You get reported because you are an aimbot towards someone on the losing team.

You get reported because you are not playing the way someone on your team wants you to play.

You get reported <insert choice of any thing>

As Mister Teh-ah-tim-eh puts it, the system is abused badly.

Please, I am perpetually sitting at 0 karma. It doesnt do anything.
You only get 1 day chatban if several people report you in a short span of time, not sure exactly how many

381 posts
9,957 battles

Let it drop to 0 and you will find peace since it can't become lower :P

I have a friend who trash talks and gets reported like 80% of his games and he has never got chat banned once across his 7000 battles.

245 posts
5,809 battles

I feel your pain, it hurts to see your karma going down and not know why, but;

1. Karma does not do anything significant.

2. Anyone can report you for any reason, imagined or real. I’ve been reported for playing the same ship as an AFK player and people haven’t checked to see if there is more than one before they “report AFK Nagato”.

3. Mostly everyone here has the opinion that since karma doesn’t do anything, you just don’t care about it and everything is fine. This is easier for some people than others. So everyone just acts jaded/bored/etc.. towards the topic and just tell the person to get over it etc etc...

So in concludsion, karma does nothing, nobody cares and WG won’t remove it anytime soon despite the fact it does nothing because it creates the illusion in those who use the report function that they are doing something.

So those of us sensitive types just have to keep our mouths shut and put up with it. Sad but true.

245 posts
5,809 battles
2 hours ago, LawrenceXVIII said:

Another post another stupid days .

Karma is nothing to us and meaningless as hecking heck.

If it’s meaningless and useless, why is it even in the game? Considering how many karma complaint posts there are, seems it would be a good thing to remove a meaningless system.

Beta Tester
647 posts
3,515 battles
2 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

If it’s meaningless and useless, why is it even in the game? Considering how many karma complaint posts there are, seems it would be a good thing to remove a meaningless system.

You can tell that to certain stupid fans got what they want for some people saying Karma must be implemented dammit kind of thing.

in the end its nothing. This post is what ive seen here and NA and EU and every forum Regional . It will never end.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
4 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Completely incorrect statement there.   You have no idea how many people such as moderators and super testers that have zero karma due to spite and jealousy.  Yet they still chat.

233 posts
13,966 battles
54 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Completely incorrect statement there.   You have no idea how many people such as moderators and super testers that have zero karma due to spite and jealousy.  Yet they still chat.

Beta Tester
647 posts
3,515 battles
1 hour ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Nope. It has mild meaning but its still consider pointless karma system is.

IF like (example) many bunch of salty french fries enemy team plebs reported you ( even by zero ) like 9 - 14 times in less than an a hour , Like MANY in short amount of interval time, you may either had chat suspension on following day depending how severe a hecking heck you are.

Salty bois just loves pestering people with reports.

In other words well that's what idiots ask to wished for a System and some of us do not want.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

326 posts
10,519 battles

Oh no. Not this **** again.

I've gave up. 

Anyway, before I left, here some advice for those who still "too worry" about this stupid karma mechanic:

"IT JUST A FREAKING NUMBER AT UR SCREEN & IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING TO UR GAMEPLAY. WG JUST PUT IT THERE BECAUSE THEIR GETTING TIRED OF THOUSAND OF REPORT FROM  PLAYERS THAT COMPLAINING ABOUT OTHER PLAYER DUE SOME SMALL PROBLEM SO THAT PLAYER WHO COMPLAIN FEEL SATISFY. IN THE END IT DOESN'T EFFECT ANYTHING."

Geez. Sorry for caps.

Edited by ArchKongou

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,764 battles
16 hours ago, Mister_Teatime said:

WG if you are listening, please just get rid of it - it serves no meaningful purpose. At least give us the option of hiding notifications and the number and the option to report/compliment.

It serves a meaningful purpose - but not for you as the person being reported - it is there for the people doing the reporting.  If someone does something you find frustrating, you report them and feel slightly better about life.  It actively reduces salt in the game, and as such is not going anywhere.

It is also a nice thing to compliment someone, that makes both the person complimenting feel good (I'm being a nice person), and the person receiving the compliment feel good (someone thinks my play is worth a compliment!).

All in all, a pretty good system for the game.  It doesn't actually mean anything, it is just feelings management.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,833 posts
4,122 battles
10 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

No.   It does not.   I have zero.  I still chat