Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
UltimaBasti

Don't they know Russian DD?

33 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
16 posts
5,746 battles

Ok. I've been playing a little less than a year. I've learned a lot. And recently, I've started playing Russian DD. I'm already at Kiev. Just 4k exp away from Tashkent. So I've been grinding this ship. And I've learned, from the Youtube experts mostly, that Russian DD doesn't play like the other DDs.

Anyway, so I go about the usual Russian gunboat play. I skirt near the caps. I fire my mains so that people will shoot at me, and they get spotted. I do my wiggle at a distance while HE spamming, and being annoying as usual. Isn't that how you're supposed to play Russian DD?

At the end of the fight, we lose. I was the last guy standing. I get second highest score. And low and behold, I get 2 reports. I'm not sure if it's from the enemy team, or from my own team. 

So there. I guess I did my job as as Russian DD. So well to the point that I got reported. Just expressing my frustration. I don't think I deserved those reports. There was almost no communication from the team either, so I was basically quiet except for the standard good luck at the beginning.

I guess there are just some jerks in this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WOWMY]
Member
347 posts
16,870 battles
57 minutes ago, UltimaBasti said:

And low and behold, I get 2 reports. I'm not sure if it's from the enemy team, or from my own team. 
Just expressing my frustration. I don't think I deserved those reports.
I guess there are just some jerks in this game.

Why u bother yourself with those rep point? it does nothin, give nothing. Ur boat ur own responsibility..even tho as dd u r the most logical player to be tasked for capping. But, even if u in other nation dd, IJN for example,  with current radar meta, if ur allied  radar cruiser dont assist u, and your allied BB only care to snipe at enemy BB from far far away land..they deserve to lose. so let them be..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,038 battles

@UltimaBasti
Sorry to be blunt about it, but I don't believe you are playing it properly. You have far too low average damage in the ship to claim that.
You don't always have to be kiting at the map edge in a russian dd. The situation could call for hunting enemy dd down instead or trying to get a cap using islands etc.
Even if you were just annoying and farming BBs properly, your damage should be twice as high at least
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
16 posts
5,746 battles

 

1 hour ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

@UltimaBasti
Sorry to be blunt about it, but I don't believe you are playing it properly. You have far too low average damage in the ship to claim that.
You don't always have to be kiting at the map edge in a russian dd. The situation could call for hunting enemy dd down instead or trying to get a cap using islands etc.
Even if you were just annoying and farming BBs properly, your damage should be twice as high at least
 

I'm OK with that. I am still learning. Maybe my game is still far from good. But does that really deserve a report? And in this specific battle, I was 2nd in the rankings and sunk 2 ships.

Anyway, I'm just griping at how some players can be jerks. If they felt like I needed to cap or kill a DD, someone could have let me know. The chat was quiet.

Edited by UltimaBasti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,038 battles
1 hour ago, UltimaBasti said:

 

I'm OK with that. I am still learning. Maybe my game is still far from good. But does that really deserve a report? And in this specific battle, I was 2nd in the rankings and sunk 2 ships.

Anyway, I'm just griping at how some players can be jerks. If they felt like I needed to cap or kill a DD, someone could have let me know. The chat was quiet.

welp since WG provided a report option for "plays badly",  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, you can't expect people to give you instructions while also playing their own ships, especially really obvious ones that is expected from players.

In any case, I don't understand why people rant about reports and karma as if they have any significance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
247 posts
5,825 battles
12 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

welp since WG provided a report option for "plays badly",  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, you can't expect people to give you instructions while also playing their own ships, especially really obvious ones that is expected from players.

In any case, I don't understand why people rant about reports and karma as if they have any significance.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I like to know what I’m doing wrong so I can try to rectify it. Being reported is like being told you’re wrong without any reason, which can lead to confusion and self doubt.

Yes, logically I know the report could mean any number of things, from the enemy reporting you for sinking them, to an ally reporting you for killstealing, and that you shouldn’t read too much into it, but on some level, it still bothers me when my karma goes down because I don’t know WHY. But maybe I’m just weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,038 battles
7 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

you shouldn’t read too much into it

you answered your own question. If you want to know how you are playing wrong, try divving up with a good player and ask his honest opinion about what you did wrong. Randoms reporting you could be just about anything so don't even bother with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
980 posts
12,617 battles
23 minutes ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

Randoms reporting you could be just about anything so don't even bother with it

Agreed. 

I got 150k fire damage in my Conqueror two nights ago, and I got reported. 

I really don't understand why someone who do such a thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,222 posts
13,723 battles
18 hours ago, UltimaBasti said:

...... I skirt near the caps......

I can't help but feel this is possibly saying a lot. You make no mention of capping at all. Just because you Kiev doesn't mean you shouldn't cap.

So my question is are you capping at all, or are you letting the enemy team win each game by cap points?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,038 battles
2 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Agreed. 

I got 150k fire damage in my Conqueror two nights ago, and I got reported. 

I really don't understand why someone who do such a thing. 

image.png.16bbf7d086660603d66a7e51335f1fe9.png

Pfft, you know why, some people get salty when killed :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
16 posts
5,746 battles
2 hours ago, keskparane said:

I can't help but feel this is possibly saying a lot. You make no mention of capping at all. Just because you Kiev doesn't mean you shouldn't cap.

So my question is are you capping at all, or are you letting the enemy team win each game by cap points?

Well, again I have no claims of being a good player. But watching all the videos from Flamu and Notser and iChase, they all say that Russian DDs are not for capping. And with my Kiev having a 7.9km spot range, it isn't really easy to cap anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
156 posts
4,055 battles
4 hours ago, UltimaBasti said:

But watching all the videos from Flamu and Notser and iChase, they all say that Russian DDs are not for capping

Your right, but those same players have may be 80K+ average DMG on the RU DD's and the games they have shown on youtube were perhaps a 200K+ DMG game. So do you get 200K+ DMG games with your RU DD's? If yes, then you do not need to cap. You probably kill enough ships to keep your team in lead, even by not capping. If not, then get your ass into that cap and contest it when there is an opportunity. 

Also, I believe Flamu and Notser never mentioned that RU DD's are not for capping. All they say is RU DD's are not the best cap contestants. And, one should never miss an opportunity to cap no matter what class of ship your in be it BB, CA/CL or even CV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
16 posts
5,746 battles
3 hours ago, Anger_Lehner said:

Your right, but those same players have may be 80K+ average DMG on the RU DD's and the games they have shown on youtube were perhaps a 200K+ DMG game. So do you get 200K+ DMG games with your RU DD's? If yes, then you do not need to cap. You probably kill enough ships to keep your team in lead, even by not capping. If not, then get your ass into that cap and contest it when there is an opportunity. 

Also, I believe Flamu and Notser never mentioned that RU DD's are not for capping. All they say is RU DD's are not the best cap contestants. And, one should never miss an opportunity to cap no matter what class of ship your in be it BB, CA/CL or even CV. 

Well, I'm obviously not that good. But seriously, are you saying I deserve to be reported because I don't hit those damage numbers in a Kiev? I just play the damn ship the best I understand.

Edited by UltimaBasti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
156 posts
4,055 battles
3 minutes ago, UltimaBasti said:

Well, I'm obviously not that good. But seriously, are you saying I deserve to be reported because I don't hit those damage numbers in a Kiev? I just play the damn ship the best I understand.

Hell, I never said that. 

My post was about you stereotyping RU DD's as non-cappers, which is not the case. Just because you have atrocious concealment as DD doesnt mean you should not contest caps. And other DD's fear going near the RU DD's, so even if your not capping, just by moving in and out of cap and spotting enemy DD and making him flee can leave the cap uncontested for a longer time which even though does not give your team any gain but at the same time does not let the enemy team gain too. 

And about the reports, honestly you should stop bothering about them. Players have there own way of thinking and defining good and bad karma, so its best to ignore them. Anyway they do not mean anything in-game. 

I mean I always compliment a friendly DD for laying a smoke for me/the team even if that DD is the lowest XP earner on the team. And I mostly tend to report DD's who forget there objective in the game and do weird things to get more damage and in the process makes us lose the game, even if he is the top xp earner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
112 posts
2,960 battles

The large detection range of any ship only means its going to be difficult to cap in the early phase of the game if an enemy is also trying to cap it.

Once that phase of the battle is over any ship can cap, and should if you have the chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
16 posts
5,746 battles
22 hours ago, Anger_Lehner said:

Hell, I never said that. 

My post was about you stereotyping RU DD's as non-cappers, which is not the case. Just because you have atrocious concealment as DD doesnt mean you should not contest caps. And other DD's fear going near the RU DD's, so even if your not capping, just by moving in and out of cap and spotting enemy DD and making him flee can leave the cap uncontested for a longer time which even though does not give your team any gain but at the same time does not let the enemy team gain too. 

And about the reports, honestly you should stop bothering about them. Players have there own way of thinking and defining good and bad karma, so its best to ignore them. Anyway they do not mean anything in-game. 

I mean I always compliment a friendly DD for laying a smoke for me/the team even if that DD is the lowest XP earner on the team. And I mostly tend to report DD's who forget there objective in the game and do weird things to get more damage and in the process makes us lose the game, even if he is the top xp earner. 

Ah. Ok. Thanks for clarifying. But yeah, I always try to be friendly and generous with the compliments.

When I said I don't cap, what I meant was that I don't rush into the cap and sit and wait to get the cap, like I do in my Benson.

As far as play is concerned, I will try to do those things you mentioned. I also usually push to the flank and try to get in a position behind the enemy or in a position where some of their guns get pulled away from the rest of my team. I also fire when I'm at the edge of the caps and try to get enemy fleet to fire at me and reveal their positions. Sadly, most teams I get into don't capitalize.

Anyway, I will take note of those tips and try to play the RU DD right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
156 posts
4,055 battles
5 minutes ago, UltimaBasti said:

Sadly, most teams I get into don't capitalize

That seems to be the story off late for a lot many players it seems, including me. Something strange has happened with winning games these days. A lot of players were saying about this today in game chat too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,011 posts
7,482 battles
On 8/9/2018 at 1:46 AM, Adm_Kunkka said:

Also, you can't expect people to give you instructions while also playing their own ships, especially really obvious ones that is expected from players.

Well, of course, you can. Maybe not in the middle of a close-quarter battle.

Just type "Neptune Go A" or "Fletcher cap B" or "Richelieu Defend C"

Takes a second.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
104 posts
9,041 battles
18 minutes ago, PeterMoe1963 said:

Well, of course, you can. Maybe not in the middle of a close-quarter battle.

Just type "Neptune Go A" or "Fletcher cap B" or "Richelieu Defend C"

Takes a second.

That's not the kind of instruction he meant... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×