You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ArtickWarspite

Would you rather??

5 comments in this topic

154 posts
3,357 battles

Would you rather turn to avoid a CV torpedo strike and instead expose your broadside to a BB, or eat the torpedo's and stay angled?

Had this experience in the Iron Duke the other day. One of those annoying 2 CV games where I was targeted by both CV's a few seconds apart. I managed to turn and avoid all of their torpedo's which was nice, but while I was turning, the broadside was exposed and a Kongo relieved me of nearly half my health and his accompanying Cruisers had a nice big target to shoot at.

It appears that no matter which choice I made, the damage done would be the same.

2,217 posts
13,673 battles

Depends a little on if you have repair party ready or not, and will torps hit bow, stern, or side. But generally speaking I would avoid torps because BB might miss or get bad rng.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles
4 hours ago, ArtickWarspite said:

Would you rather turn to avoid a CV torpedo strike and instead expose your broadside to a BB, or eat the torpedo's and stay angled?

Had this experience in the Iron Duke the other day. One of those annoying 2 CV games where I was targeted by both CV's a few seconds apart. I managed to turn and avoid all of their torpedo's which was nice, but while I was turning, the broadside was exposed and a Kongo relieved me of nearly half my health and his accompanying Cruisers had a nice big target to shoot at.

It appears that no matter which choice I made, the damage done would be the same.

Depends on drop angle and distance. and whether I have DCP out of cooldown or not. DCP in cooldown means id try my best to avoid torpedoes or take them in the belt instead of bow and stern. Usually UK BBs don't get heavily punished by showing broadside. (Even German BBs take more damage than these braindead ships).

Turn away if dropped from far, turn in if dropped close. Turn away if dropped from behind, turn in if dropped in front. General rules. Id rather avoid torpedoes than BB salvo in low tiers.

Edited by icy_phoenix