Sign in to follow this  
pokeranger24

Basic Characteristics of Ships from Various Nations

5 comments in this topic

14 posts
809 battles

So I just started this game and I dont know which line to grind towards as I dont know which ship is good at what and so on..... not to mention I dont understand much of the play-styles and game mechanics yet. So what are the Characteristics basics of ships ?

I should mention that I am looking for something simple just to learn the game, something with high DPM and somewhat maneuverable ( I have been torpedoed by a bot... sigh.....)

Edited by pokeranger24

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles

Hi, welcome to the game. Do not worry too much about playing perfectly, you will learn a lot over the time. Just make sure not to rush through tiers. Its quite easy at the beginning, but its also a mistake new players make. Here I will try to post some beginner friendly articles, please take your time.

Since you want something with high dpm and somewhat maneuverable, I think Cruisers are the best choice for you. However, as a beginner, play everything up to tier 4 and see which one you like the most. 

@Eggy_Bro posted some topics earlier about cruiser and destroyer characteristics among the nations.

Notser, iChase, Flamu and many other YouTubers have posted low tier ship guides, you can even search youtube with a ship name and see how people play them, should give you a really good general idea. For example, check iChase's tech tree short review for Russian cruisers

They fit your initial expectation the best. There are similar videos for other classes from other nations too.

Meanwhile, you can search forum, there are lot of similar posts in New Comers section and Game Guides section. And you can always ask more specific question here.

14 posts
809 battles

Thanx for the info mate

BTW can you tell me which is the most noob friendly tech tree ?

I have experience from WoT and I know while DPM is all and good its mostly unless I live long enough to deal damage, and so are there any ships with lots of armour that can live long enough to deal damage ?

Edited by pokeranger24

Super Tester
7,560 posts
8,001 battles
45 minutes ago, pokeranger24 said:

BTW can you tell me which is the most noob friendly tech tree ?

Although I think every tech tree line requires a lot of skills, but I think UK Battleship line is the most newbie friendly. They utilize their superior HE shell to cause havoc.

Destroyers and Cruisers are less newbie friendly than Battleships, and then Carriers, which are really skill dependent.

For cruiser line, I would say Russian line is the most newbie friendly, followed by French / Japanese.

For destroyers, it depends on your play style. As multi purpose, US DDs are the easiest, and as pure gunboat, Russian (VMF) line is best.

For carriers do not bother with US line before you get enough experience.

604 posts
7,608 battles
12 hours ago, pokeranger24 said:

its mostly unless I live long enough to deal damage, and so are there any ships with lots of armour that can live long enough to deal damage ?

German BB, RN BB 

Sign in to follow this