Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

I'm always useless using the Fuso

11 comments in this topic

312 posts
4,076 battles

These days these days. Fuso has been underwhelming. Seriously though I can't cope with the dispersion of this thing. Why would WG add in 21.8 km to this thing while it has 1.5 sigma? and 1.5 sigma is the worst. 28 seconds is not enough. AA is meh (based on Notser). And citadel is very vulnerable. I mean how did you bring all your guns while you have to tank some damage and having the worst dispersion? And one more. Her concealment is utterly garbage. It's so bad that the Wiki doesn't recommend me to use CE. Moreover CV is a big big problems. Why? Because they can detect you before enemy ships. And if the enemy BB is firing at me i'm screwed.

Yes I know I have that insane range but again aiming at that distance is not ideal. Whenever i see a a bow in or angled target. It always inconsistent. And searching a broadsiding target is so hard because my allies always steal my kills. I played in Co-op and ever got citadeled by a North Carolina that is far far away. If bots could do something like that then why did you said "Co-op battle only require small efforts."    My fear of being a battleship is getting Not contributing or useless. And it always like that whenever i used a slow inconsistent and vulnerable BBs. And just stop discussing about RNG. It makes me an apostate. If Fuso can be as aggressive as Bayern, I could've admire her.

I also need some guide on how to shoot from far away because the majority of videos in You tube only showing on how to shoot a broadside target and most of them are outdated. Now I need to know on how to shoot a bow in or angled and approaching target from moderate to far range. And don't just write wall of text. I need some image if you can explain with that.

218 posts
11,547 battles

i had 60% wins on her while i grinded her last time; my advice is to hold your greed until the opportunity presents itself. Far shooting is about estimating where they go(including evasive maneuvers) and spam some bullets there and pray to rngeesus. don't bother about accuracy. Don't think too much about contribution. sometimes you get focused and die. Try to drag or kite to stall death time by being in the right position. if all goes to naught u can always blame the team :cap_haloween:

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

While you have terrible accuracy, you also have 12 shells. Hunt the cruisers first, then try to damage BBs. Do not isolate yourself, especially when there is a CV.

When everything fails, dab the "1" key and start spamming on everything you see.

312 posts
4,076 battles
23 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

While you have terrible accuracy, you also have 12 shells. Hunt the cruisers first, then try to damage BBs. Do not isolate yourself, especially when there is a CV.

A bow in and angled cruisers. How did you manage to citadel them? I got so many ricochets.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
49 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

A bow in and angled cruisers. How did you manage to citadel them? I got so many ricochets.

Depends on what cruiser and where you shoot. Review the armor profile of cruisers and check if you can overmatch that with 356mm guns (that's fuso's gun caliber I believe).

If you hit the sides from extreme angles, of course they ricochet. Remember, you have to land your shells through the bow, if you aim at the bow when target is far, they might actually hit the armor belt on the sides instead of bow.

Check the "armor" video in "how it works" series.

294 posts
2,997 battles

First things first. Do not sit at the 21 km edge and snipe. As someone *wink wink* quoted in these forums once: "Your optimal gun range is +2/-2 of your concealment range."  Golden rule and it will help you figure out most of your issues. Second, get CE ASAP on your Captain. That skill will let you help with the first thing and then some as it lets you drop off the enemy's crosshair thereby giving you breathing room to lick your wounds and find better positioning. Finally, overpenn is a fickle goddess all BB drives must pay homage to. She will not always reward you for finding a broadside cruiser but fortunately, you have 12 shells. The closer you are to your target, better chance your sigma will at least let one of your shells to find that elusive critical spot. Still, RNG is pretty much the deciding factor so nothing is set in stone.

Edited by LonerPrime

353 posts
5,015 battles

try 3 guns by 2 salvo? the 14 second wait per salvo literately give you a myoko rof

245 posts
5,822 battles

You have to play to the Fuso’s strengths, decent range, decent speed, lots of guns. Due to small gun caliber, focus on killing cruisers, kite away when being attacked, and don’t forget about HE when you have to attack bow on BBs.

312 posts
4,076 battles
9 hours ago, SENSGT said:

There's always a ship that "doesn't work". For all of us.

So how about Notser, Ichase, and other WoWS you tubers? They can play every ships quite good.

341 posts
4,020 battles

Hello, proud Fusō commander here at 410 Fusō games and counting.

Fusō is a strong ship. She has a higher gun output than even some T8 BBs, isn't slow compared to many of her tier spread mates, and has incredible armor if you know how to use it.

Yes, the gun sigma is bad, but your dispersion circle is good, in fact even better than New Mexico. You'll have frustrating salvoes but if your aim is good you'll hit hard consistently. 

Fusō's concealment will never be good, but that's not a bad thing. You're a tanky ship. By raw armor value you aren't impressive and your citadel is vulnerable when broadside, but angle and 3/4 your surface profile bounces or shatters every shell in your tier spread (see-How HE and AP pen works). The thinnest part of your freeboard amidships is 6" and your whole fore/aft deck is 35mm. You stop all same tier cruiser HE, for example, so you can be a tank for your team, kiting away and manuvering like a big cruiser yourself while constantly putting shells downrange.

I have a dedicated Fusō commander. My first 4 point skill was fire prevention since it increases your tankiness even more. I run rudder shift mod. With a ~12s rudder, Fusō can actually use her 28s reload (In fact, 23-24 with adrenaline rush) to push any enemy at 30°, bounce their shots, swing open to 50° fire two salvoes and then swing back in to 30°, mitigating your bad turret angles. I sometimes have taken on T8 BBs with little fear since their AP only pens my ends, and at 30° rather than 0° bow in, I can bait shells into my belt with rudder and angle play. 

Tank, play manuverable, push when you need to, run when you need to, keep the guns firing to create a presence, even lead flanks and win.

And if you see a CV, sail with allies.

Sign in to follow this