You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Robby_Hermanto

Maximum Waiting Time for a Random Battle is no longer than 5 minues?

15 comments in this topic

492 posts
7,661 battles

I had a co-op game once that look 4 or 5 minutes to start. Doesn't it say max of 30 seconds for a co-op game? Regularly have games that take way longer than 30 seconds.

32 posts
2,847 battles

Yeap I get your point well.

The message I want to say to WG is: Where there still chances for the guarantee to be missed, it is better they write:

"Maximum Waiting Time for a Random Battle is no longer than 5 minutes in normal circumstances"

instead of

"Maximum Waiting Time for a Random Battle is no longer than 5 minutes".

Edited by Robby_Hermanto

2,222 posts
13,720 battles
16 minutes ago, Anger_Lehner said:

Well if you queue up alone at wee hour of the night to play random, how do you expect to get into a battle? It takes at least two to tango. 

Although it does say there are 63 players within his range. So my question is what do weegee consider to be the range? I have sat in queue and watched the list jump up and down while new players were let into matches that I was excluded from. To me this indicates that they are not really in my range at all. So why say they are in my range?

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

@Robby_Hermanto this happens when experienced players try to play T1 at odd times. There aren't any other player who can be paired with you. 

It clearly says

"Players within your range 1/63"

Just don't blame WG straight away, they can't create players for you. Wait, they can, go co-op.

The message could probably change. But what that message actually means is, it will wait maximum of 5 minutes to give you a fair 12v12 match, if that time exceeds, you are likely to get uneven matchmaking, where ship classes are wrongly paired or may not be a full MM.

1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

I had a co-op game once that look 4 or 5 minutes to start. Doesn't it say max of 30 seconds for a co-op game? Regularly have games that take way longer than 30 seconds.

Have a screenshot? Cause that's interesting, and sounds like something went wrong. In my 3.1k+ coop games, I never got that. Sounds like pretty obvious exaggeration as well.

Edited by icy_phoenix

492 posts
7,661 battles
2 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Have a screenshot? Cause that's interesting, and sounds like something went wrong. In my 3.1k+ coop games, I never got that. Sounds like pretty obvious exaggeration.

I figured something must have gone wrong with the MM during that game. No exaggeration at all. No I don't have a screenshot but it was 4 minutes something before the team lists came up. That kind of waiting time has only happened the one time I can remember, which is why I remember it so clearly. I left the room 2 or 3 times and kept coming back expecting the game to have kicked me back to the login screen but it got there eventually.

Many co-op games for me regularly take well over 30 seconds. Some around 45 seconds and more occasionally up to just over 1 minute.

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
2 minutes ago, HobartAWD said:

Many co-op games for me regularly take well over 30 seconds. Some around 45 seconds and more occasionally up to just over 1 minute.

I think what you mean by this is a loading gif appears at 30s marck and then you can still see the timer going on in background? That can happen, but I won't trust that it regularly crosses 30s mark while in Q (and u still have the button active to bail). If you have a screenshot, or some proof, that would be great, you could send them to WG or may be I can forward them and ask for some explanation. But just saying wont do it.

Edited by icy_phoenix

164 posts
5,435 battles

Most people will just play COOP with Tier 1 and new players are also got it on default so I don't see the point doing it, and you can play just 1 Coop match and move on to Tier 2 so?

156 posts
4,055 battles
On 8/6/2018 at 2:43 PM, keskparane said:

Although it does say there are 63 players within his range. So my question is what do weegee consider to be the range? I have sat in queue and watched the list jump up and down while new players were let into matches that I was excluded from. To me this indicates that they are not really in my range at all. So why say they are in my range?

Well to me what the 1/63 number means is at that point of time there were 63 people in queue but only one in OP's MM tier range, which is OP himself. I can be totally wrong though. 

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
5 hours ago, Anger_Lehner said:

Well to me what the 1/63 number means is at that point of time there were 63 people in queue but only one in OP's MM tier range, which is OP himself. I can be totally wrong though. 

You are correct.

115 posts
2,638 battles

I dont have any problems with the text as it is. It satisfies probably 99,9% of the times. Granted there is this 0,1%, but the text is not like term of contract or something, it is a loading screen text for crying out loud so get it over with and focus our energy on more important topics WG needs to give its attention to