You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Asian_noone

I post my replays here because I want to git gud

10 comments in this topic

31 posts
2,893 battles

Some bad games in Minekaze later and I decide that I want to learn because I'm having such a hard time on this server sometimes.

So I made this thread so I can post replays whenever I'm feeling down and frustrated and want to know whose faults and what I can do.

(version 0.7.7)

To start, two bad games in Minekaze,  I just want to torp stuff and speed the grind to Akizuki and therefore KTKZ and Harugumo.

20180805_133959_PJSD004-Minekadze-1920_13_OC_new_dawn.wowsreplay

20180805_135923_PJSD004-Minekadze-1920_41_Conquest.wowsreplay

Edited by Asian_noone

31 posts
2,893 battles

Does this work?

minekaze_replays.7z

EDIT: Nope. I will find a way to post my replays to the forums for download

EDIT 2: Okay I'm using dropbox now hope that works.

Edited by Asian_noone

Super Tester
7,543 posts
7,986 battles
40 minutes ago, Robby_Hermanto said:

Could you tell me how to watch that?

image.png

Download the file then open with wows.exe (or simply drag the file on top of wows launcher. Sometimes it will ask for login, just wait a bit or login straight away.

2,221 posts
13,707 battles

If you want to git gud then I would recommend running something like https://github.com/tianweiliu/wows-stats Sorry @icy_phoenix I know you disapprove :Smile_hiding:

The reason is you can see when a player is good. Watch those players. I expect you will think their play style looks passive and ineffective, but you will clearly see the results prove the opposite. Learn to emulate their style and watch yours improve.

31 posts
2,893 battles

Hatsuharu game, I only got 4k dmg. I want to do better than that because I'm trying to grind to Akizuki. I can't seem to hit targets with the torps. What strategy should I be using?

20180806_213511_PJSD206-Hatsuharu_17_NA_fault_line

PS does dropbox download work?

Edited by Asian_noone

318 posts
6,866 battles

You still get really good XP from capping. Maybe focus on that first and torp out when needed or to slow down enemy advance.

1,174 posts
10,495 battles

Looking at Title...

I don't post replays cuz others opinions doesn't matter to me... The best way to git gud is play with players who are better than you.. anyone can find mistakes after it is done(aka watching replays then commenting upon).. but the one who is advising while you're doing the mistake will make a difference and watching them in action live can also do you good..

so I'd suggest stop posting and wasting time go division with good players

311 posts
4,071 battles
On 8/6/2018 at 2:24 AM, icy_phoenix said:

Download the file then open with wows.exe (or simply drag the file on top of wows launcher. Sometimes it will ask for login, just wait a bit or login straight away

It doesn't work.

112 posts
2,960 battles

Ok I'm not the best player but I go OK in IJN DDs. I watched the replays and have a few observations.

General:

Hyper aggressive play in general and you tend to isolate yourself from any support. Do you feel like you are rushing? Seems like you are trying to win really fast.

You let enemy ships into your concealment zone way too easily. In the New Dawn game multiple BB were sneaking into your concealment zone. In fragile ships not being seen is vital to surviving long enough to let the torps work them over.

Map awareness may be the issue. You play zoomed in a lot and press z to watch torps when there are a lot of nearby enemy ships. Fire the torps and forget them. If there is no one around its OK to hit z but pick your time. Concentrate on escaping or the next target.

I Think its a replay glitch but I didn't see the target symbol over the ships or your aiming track. Will help your aiming if you are not using it (?).

Trident

Extremely aggressive as bottom tier. You got very close to enemy while your support was behind an island and could not shoot targets you lit or help you when you got into trouble. Be aware of where your greatest firepower is.

Turn in to the enemy within visual zone after you shot torps at New Orleans was a fatal mistake. Turn away would have kept them unable to see you and saved your smoke. Retreat and start stalk again. Closing there just made it a matter of time before they rushed your smoke and killed you.

Watching torps helped you miss the close and broadside Myoko which you would have had a lot higher percentage torp shot on rather than firing at a retreating ship again (New Orleans). IJN DD is very reliant on map awareness as you are very fragile and will usually lose gunfights at close range.

The replay showed you zoomed in a lot. It makes it harder to keep general and map awareness. 

New Dawn

Better play in the cap at the start. Pushing forward with only 1 bb as support was a bit bold for me, I'd prefer to keep at back of cap and enemies at longer range until you have more support. Keep an escape route open always.

You were sitting in the middle of the cap  close enough to the north island so that an enemy ship popping around corner would have you cold. Keep approaches which you cannot see beyond your concealment range so you cannot be surprised. Further south would have been just as effective and by looking at your minimap circles would prevent anyone surprising you.

No target marker showing on my replay may have been a glitch on my end.

Here is a IJN DD replay, note my torp watching nearly got me killed at the end. I always tried to keep close to enemy but with sufficient distance to remain unspotted even with enemies on a couple of sides. Playing with no smoke so being aware of who might spot you is critical.

My mini-map is as big as I can get it, and I am looking at it every few seconds. It helps me understand where my escape routes are, and where I will go next. We were also patient despite being quite a few ships down early. I'm aiming to always have a target to torp as I reload, use reload time to stalk or get into better firing positions (eg Hinden shots at the end). I also use assisted damage as an in-game guide of where I am being helpful to my team, if I'm not getting spotting damage then I'm too far away from the enemy or need to move to another spot if my allies are self spotting.

https://replayswows.com/replay/28096#stats

Anyway hope that helps a bit.