You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Niche_13

Firing shells

5 comments in this topic

1 post
1,519 battles

I play with Alabama VIII. I have to wait a long time before I can fire next time. But there are some type of ships who can fire continuously like the water coming out of the fire hose. What do I need to have such facility?

[LNA]
1,665 posts
10,469 battles

Most battleships fire very slowly, since they are using very big guns with the fastest being in the 20ish seconds.

If you like throwing steel rains consider the following ship line or ship : minotaur, atlanta, worcester , des moines, khabarosvk , grozovoi, gearing,yue yang.

319 posts
4,084 battles
3 minutes ago, Niche_13 said:

I play with Alabama VIII. I have to wait a long time before I can fire next time. But there are some type of ships who can fire continuously like the water coming out of the fire hose. What do I need to have such facility?

Unfortunately you can't upgrade Alabama's reload time. Let's compare between 2 ships. Alabama and Scharnhorst. You see Alabama has 406mm shell caliber but Scharnhorst has 238mm shell caliber. In a sense, Sharnhorst's guns can reload faster than Alabama because it has lighter shells. But, Alabama can release bigger amount of damage to the enemy.

And then you stumbled across New Mexico and Fuso. Both New Mexico and Fuso has 356mm and has the same amount of guns. But Fuso can reload faster than New Mexico. But how? Wargaming (Developer) decided to compensate Fuso's poor concealment and poor maneuverability with faster guns reload time.

247 posts
5,825 battles
7 hours ago, Niche_13 said:

What do I need to have such facility?

Get a different ship, like a cruiser, but given that you have mostly played in your T8 premiums, that probably won't suit your style. So instead take comfort in the fact that you can delete broadside cruisers in one salvo.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Go under 5 km and your Alabama will fire everything it have for every 5s just like "water from fire hose".

Or go and buy Atlanta, fine some island, hug it gently, chose target, and keep press left mouse button without click,  and you will see firebow.

For budget version buy Kuma,  Dresden/Kolberg or any fast reload gun ships.