You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
FinbarAu

Changing Server

19 comments in this topic

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,931 battles

I've got an invitation to join the NA server to play with some friends, but.....

If I do change, does anyone know if I can take my roster of ships with my? 

I understand i'd loose them in the SEA server, but if this works out, that's cool too. I just don't want to have to give up some of my premiums and T10 would be so damn much effort to grind back up.

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,931 battles

Bugger. That is so incredibly annoying.

I'd understand if they wanted to chage a sum of money for the transition, but to not do it at all? Thats just silly.

[LNA]
1,660 posts
10,447 battles

Be wary of the latency/net issue holding you back.

Also NA general skill level is not as high or as salty as ASIA. You can have a great time trashing noobs, till you find that many in NA still think full broadside all guns firing are awesome :cap_haloween:.

8 posts
17 小時前,legionary2099 說:

Be wary of the latency/net issue holding you back.

Also NA general skill level is not as high or as salty as ASIA. You can have a great time trashing noobs, till you find that many in NA still think full broadside all guns firing are awesome :cap_haloween:.

that's where the fun come from.

89 posts
6,458 battles

I have 2 accounts 1 Asia & 1 Eu only because they wont give  me one for the 2. I put a ticket in about a year ago. The only good thing about having two accounts is when i get rewards from The Test game it goes to Asia & EU account.

[R-A-N]
Beta Tester
11 posts
4,044 battles

I left SEA 2 years ago (you know why)and I made NA account. The 200+ ping makes the game almost unplayable.

Guess what now? SEA server welcomes me with less afkers, less "poi" and less [][][][][][] [][].

I feel there's hope in that primitive form of communication, the chat box.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

I get about 130-150ms on NA and about 50 on SEA.   My email/IGN are the same on both servers so I get rewards on both from the PTS.   I find NA has a better population but in general they play far more aggressively and do some really dumb stuff.  Broadsiding seems to be a way of life on NA.   Great for farming citadels.     I don't usually play over there and I will probably just stick to the premiums I've been given or won there (Gulio Alabama and Atlanta).

318 posts
6,868 battles

If i had the ability to have my premium ships moved over to NA i would go in a heart beat. Tech tree ships can be unlocked over time, but to me its more to do with the monetary investment on SEA that's keeping me here rather than time spent.

Would be nice if WG offered a transfer arrangement providing you have 1 ship to T6 on (insert server location) so you know what to expect relating to ping issues and player base and then charge 12k doubloons to transfer your ships and account over. 

318 posts
6,868 battles
5 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Or...……….maybe we coud suggest global roamin……………..oh wait.

Well hopefully Clan Battles will go global and if successful maybe just maybe it could be a viable option.

The clash of play styles would be rather interesting.

1,490 posts

IF all of these desires were met, that we could just all migrate "to the next paddock with so called greener grass", there would be a stampede of players to the other server... Which could slow things down, people would get grumpy.... Meanwhile WG would see the Asian server lose population, & might say " well population has gone, we don't need to keep the server, let's close it down".... So the remaining people would be sad...

The moral of the story is the grass always looks greener on the other side.... But it doesnt mean that it actually is.....

I'm happy to stay on our server....

(Now if the cable guys can stop the cable breaks, things would be sweeter)

Ordrazz

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles

Orrrrrrr.    Servers which are their own business units cant use the practice of not releasing players and will have to be the better server to attract the players.  Just like every other business.