Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

vote for WGC or not

WGC yes or no  

49 members have voted

  1. 1. vote for WGC

    • Yes for WGC
      7
    • No for WGC
      42

34 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,917 battles

vote yes for WGC or vote NO for it

we as a community have the right to voice our opinions  on what we want or don't want within the game

Edited by yobbo1972

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LNA]
Member
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
  • Well it is an unpolished software with a lot of unfinished /not optimized parts and it is quite an eyesore even when running on background.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,217 posts
13,680 battles

To be fair it has some good features. Especially the update throttling.

Basically I just don't like anything that tries to persist on my PC. I don't want anything running on my system that isn't directly required. Sure I could just shut it down after a game starts, but then it's just as easy for the developers to throw in a couple of lines of code and a check box and automate the process. And if you are going to force it on people then you should provide that option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

I don't really care, at least in WoWS 

Meanwhile in WoT, that auto login keep throw me into Au server (200+ ping) except HK server (70+ping), and when i realize i'm f*ck up,  it too late:cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
357 posts
3,693 battles

I jus so freaking tired of all these wg shit thingy. They just want to push a freaking, bug full, unfinish product to the community. Haven't they learn the lesson for graf Zeppelin incident? Must they have another community out leash then they will learn? Or they simply don't learn and care and thinking making a public aplogy after every incident will solve the issue? Let me eat popcorn and watch.

 

Edited by th3vikings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

There seems to be a lot of people up in arms about this...

Can it really be that bad? I use it, and have no problem.

I guess it's just trendy to complain and bash game companys...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
600 posts
7,580 battles
25 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

There seems to be a lot of people up in arms about this...

Can it really be that bad? I use it, and have no problem.

I guess it's just trendy to complain and bash game companys...

They shouldnt force people to use a particular program to run a game

Leave it as a option  and all will be happy

11 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

So... what are the pros and cons of this thing?

Pros:

  • Manage multiple client instances—regional clients, the public test client and, in the future, supertest clients—and helps you keep up with what's happening in the game;
  • Log into these game clients directly from the launcher—you'll be taken directly to your Port upon launching the game;
  • Have better control over when and how the game clients update, allowing you to save precious bandwidth when it counts or conveniently set the game to update fully automatically;
  • Get an overview of the latest news at a glance, as well as easy access to the most commonly used web resources;
  • Easily access other supported Wargaming PC titles, should you wish to try them.

Cons:

  • You HAVE to redownload the whole game for the launcher
  • You gonna import the public test server to the game
  • And it takes up 247MB of storage compared to the current launcher(8500KB)
Edited by Gummilicious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,829 posts
4,103 battles
37 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

There seems to be a lot of people up in arms about this...

Can it really be that bad? I use it, and have no problem.

I guess it's just trendy to complain and bash game companys...

or maybe where there is smoke there is fire.  Some systems may be able to cope with the background load.   it seems that the majority of issues raised are about the resource drain in the background.

 

I dont use it and have never had a need to.  having said that, I also have a comp that will handle the load.  I personally would prefer the game client to marry into steam as this is the main platform I use for games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
21 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

They shouldnt force people to use a particular program to run a game

Leave it as a option  and all will be happy

 

 We are all forced to use certain programs to run this game, whether we like it or not.

Ever tried to play this on widows XP?

Or how about a substandard vid-card?

It won't work, will it? You must have certain prerequisites in order to play. 

26 minutes ago, Gummilicious said:

 

Cons:

  • And it takes up 247MB of storage compared to the current launcher(8500KB)

In this day and age, what's 200 MB extra gonna do?

If your PC can't keep up with that, maybe it's time to move into the 21st century.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
33 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

or maybe where there is smoke there is fire. 

I've found that where there's smoke, there lots of panic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
487 posts
7,619 battles
3 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

 We are all forced to use certain programs to run this game, whether we like it or not.

Ever tried to play this on widows XP?

Or how about a substandard vid-card?

It won't work, will it? You must have certain prerequisites in order to play. 

In this day and age, what's 200 MB extra gonna do?

If your PC can't keep up with that, maybe it's time to move into the 21st century.

 

I will say first that I don't have a widow so I cannot comment how this plays on her. :Smile-_tongue:

 

Just checked on the WGC process for 20 mins or so while I was running WOWS and playing a couple of battles.

CPU usage never went over 2%. Memory usage was fairly stable at 184.5 MB. I know I have a fairly beefy PC, but honestly that is nothing. I appreciate this will be slightly different on other OS and with different hardware, but how can WG be held accountable for people running the game on an ancient PC? If this kind of CPU usage and memory usage is of a serious concern and is holding you back update or replace your PC. I understand not everyone is in a financial position to just go and invest between several hundred to several thousand dollars on a PC upgrade or replacement, but it is not WG's fault how rubbish your PC is. 

WGC install size of ~ 240MB is what it is. Compared to my WOWS install of 39.8 GB, (including ~ 2.6 GB of replays and screenshots) I seriously cannot believe people are complaining about the install size. Refer to paragraph above. 

 

I get that the launcher has issues for many people. I could say "it works for me why all the drama" but this is not only childish but also unhelpful. If the core problems of the WGC that many are experiencing can be resolved and fixed then I have no problem continuing to use it. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
1 hour ago, HobartAWD said:

I will say first that I don't have a widow so I cannot comment how this plays on her. :Smile-_tongue:

 

Just checked on the WGC process for 20 mins or so while I was running WOWS and playing a couple of battles.

CPU usage never went over 2%. Memory usage was fairly stable at 184.5 MB. I know I have a fairly beefy PC, but honestly that is nothing. I appreciate this will be slightly different on other OS and with different hardware, but how can WG be held accountable for people running the game on an ancient PC? If this kind of CPU usage and memory usage is of a serious concern and is holding you back update or replace your PC. I understand not everyone is in a financial position to just go and invest between several hundred to several thousand dollars on a PC upgrade or replacement, but it is not WG's fault how rubbish your PC is. 

WGC install size of ~ 240MB is what it is. Compared to my WOWS install of 39.8 GB, (including ~ 2.6 GB of replays and screenshots) I seriously cannot believe people are complaining about the install size. Refer to paragraph above. 

 

I get that the launcher has issues for many people. I could say "it works for me why all the drama" but this is not only childish but also unhelpful. If the core problems of the WGC that many are experiencing can be resolved and fixed then I have no problem continuing to use it. 

 

 

This is a good objective post, thanks. Puts things in perspective.

Can someone please post a similar one that cites the downsides of the WGC? This will help with a balanced view.

 

Edited by AntifoulAwl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
243 posts
5,804 battles
2 hours ago, Gummilicious said:

They shouldnt force people to use a particular program to run a game

Leave it as a option  and all will be happy

Pros:

  • Manage multiple client instances—regional clients, the public test client and, in the future, supertest clients—and helps you keep up with what's happening in the game;
  • Log into these game clients directly from the launcher—you'll be taken directly to your Port upon launching the game;
  • Have better control over when and how the game clients update, allowing you to save precious bandwidth when it counts or conveniently set the game to update fully automatically;
  • Get an overview of the latest news at a glance, as well as easy access to the most commonly used web resources;
  • Easily access other supported Wargaming PC titles, should you wish to try them.

Cons:

  • You HAVE to redownload the whole game for the launcher
  • You gonna import the public test server to the game
  • And it takes up 247MB of storage compared to the current launcher(8500KB)

Thanks. Overall it sound okay. Don’t really understand the issues of PTS or the storage (considering the rest of the game files cover about 35GB, this is nothing).

Big issue for me is having to redownload the game. Due to our poor “only option available” internet access, we have limited data. And it takes hours to download, sigh, it’s just a hassle, and having to do it would almost make me stop playing.

I guess if it is definitely going to happen, the smart thing to do would be to do it on my terms, sometime in the next month, at the best possible time, rather than waiting for WG to make it happen at a bad time.

So, 1. Will I still be able to install this on my D Drive?

and 2. Do we have an exact date? Is is still months away, or weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
600 posts
7,580 battles
4 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Thanks. Overall it sound okay. Don’t really understand the issues of PTS or the storage (considering the rest of the game files cover about 35GB, this is nothing).

Big issue for me is having to redownload the game. Due to our poor “only option available” internet access, we have limited data. And it takes hours to download, sigh, it’s just a hassle, and having to do it would almost make me stop playing.

I guess if it is definitely going to happen, the smart thing to do would be to do it on my terms, sometime in the next month, at the best possible time, rather than waiting for WG to make it happen at a bad time.

So, 1. Will I still be able to install this on my D Drive?

and 2. Do we have an exact date? Is is still months away, or weeks?

D drive yes, i stored wows on my D Drive

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles
32 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Thanks. Overall it sound okay. Don’t really understand the issues of PTS or the storage (considering the rest of the game files cover about 35GB, this is nothing).

Big issue for me is having to redownload the game. Due to our poor “only option available” internet access, we have limited data. And it takes hours to download, sigh, it’s just a hassle, and having to do it would almost make me stop playing.

I guess if it is definitely going to happen, the smart thing to do would be to do it on my terms, sometime in the next month, at the best possible time, rather than waiting for WG to make it happen at a bad time.

So, 1. Will I still be able to install this on my D Drive?

and 2. Do we have an exact date? Is is still months away, or weeks?

You don't have to re-download the game - there's an option to "Import Installed Games."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
243 posts
5,804 battles
15 minutes ago, Unraveler said:

You don't have to re-download the game - there's an option to "Import Installed Games."

Thankyou for the info.

so... what is the best method for installing the WGC and importing your existing game rather than redownloading it?

If the info is already somewhere else on this forum or another, feel free to link it.

The main page on the wows website was not very detailed about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,454 battles

Install it from here: http://redirect.wargaming.net/WGC/Wargaming_Game_Center_Install_ASIA.exe

Go to All Games tab (which is probably up by default if you have no games in it yet). Then click on Import Installed Games and it will list the Wargaming games it found on your computer. It was very easy when I did it last week.

cs2T5bA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×