You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

I really hate this operation

28 comments in this topic

312 posts
4,076 battles

Hhh. The Narai. Let's be serious here. What is the point of WG change this operation to be challenging? I mean the new Narai should be the hard mode. And if the normal mode looks like this then imagine just how impossible it is to play if WG decided to implement the hard mode. Yes you must buff your skills but that doesn't mean all players have huge amount of free time to improve their skills. Is WG trying to kick off mediocre players? And then I encounter the bots. Those bots in the Narai was far far far more advanced than that in Co-op or any other operation. Even more difficult than Random battle. Which is proven that this operation can only be finished successfully by experts or divisions that really know what they are doing. When my teams encounter just one DD it could finish three ships at once. Also, why wouldn't WG make a video of how to  play every operation properly?

1,340 posts
8,858 battles

Well the issue with old Narai was that it was too easily farmed for xp and credits. At least now players would need to put in a little more effort on strategy and planning to get 5 stars..

Imo it is not so much about skills but more about learning how the operation plays out and where you need to be. I think players just need more time to get more familiar this op.

Imo this Narai is still far easier than Ultimate Frontier.

326 posts
10,529 battles
3 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Well the issue with old Narai was that it was too easily farmed for xp and credits. At least now players would need to put in a little more effort on strategy and planning to get 5 stars..

Imo it is not so much about skills but more about learning how the operation plays out and where you need to be. I think players just need more time to get more familiar this op.

Imo this Narai is still far easier than Ultimate Frontier.

Agree. This operation is FAR easy than Ultimate Frontier.

The main problem that found in this mission was the player itself, which is:

a. Stay behind the fleet while let the repair and supply ships get hit by shells and torps.

b. Coordination. The problem is player keep stay inside repair or just focus on one road to go.

Once the enemy Missouri spawn in the map, learn to divide ur team to different location, especially when enemy supply ships try to move to the checkpoint & eliminate them as fast as u could.

c. Pick the wrong ships. I'm not blame what kind the ships u want to use, but consider this mission, get the right ship that suitable for the combat.

Well, there still some player were not familiar with this mission, so give them some times to get use with it. Use chat channel in the game  if u need to ask help from the others.

If ur team cant deliver in the game, then make urself become carry for ur team. It feels so good while u can get as much income and credit in the game compare to ur team mate.

Edited by ArchKongou

Beta Tester
650 posts
3,525 battles
6 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

People just love to complain don't they. 

Everybody is . Not just here. Every single forums. Even to non-Wows. Its impossible to find a forum that don't even rant or complain or bashing.

Its children after all lul.

Edited by LawrenceXVIII

312 posts
4,076 battles
9 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

If you hate the op, don't play it. Simple.

I just wanted to win it. I'm not a PvP player :(

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles
9 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I just wanted to win it. I'm not a PvP player :(

Scenarios require a bit more finess than PvE.  Press W and shoot wont win a scenario.

534 posts

Narai isn't hateful,the most hateful is the players,1 atlanta already sailing to hunt transport ships but the rest cruisers still decided to chase transport ships instead of protecting own fleet?

980 posts
12,617 battles

I actually enjoy this operation. Drag a few clan members in, usually the result isn't bad. 

It's when you try to string together some tactics with a bunch of players who recently learned how to make their ship sail forward... Thats the painful bit. 

234 posts
13,978 battles
7 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Narai isn't hateful,the most hateful is the players,1 atlanta already sailing to hunt transport ships but the rest cruisers still decided to chase transport ships instead of protecting own fleet?

If they want to hunt transport instead of letting me in my Atlanta, fine. BUT LET ME KNOW SO I TAKE CENTRE INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME.

[LONER]
60 posts
2,587 battles

After the nigh impossible Raptor Rescue, I’m enjoying Narai. It doesn’t seem all that much harder than before.

Sure, when fully half your team lemmings after the transports, you know it’s not going to go well, and I’m still figuring out the best way to handle the CV with its support when I’m the ship trying to guard that flank, but it’s actually been fun. 

245 posts
5,822 battles

IMO the problem this operation has, and in fact all the harder operations have, is that the players need to know what they are doing, know what the job of their ship is, look at the map, look at the location of the other players, and move into the best position to complete the objectives.

While there are many players who know how to do this, there are many who do not. There are those who ar new and just don’t know, then there are those who just don’t bother to learn, then there are those who know but choose not to play the objectives for their own means.

Just had a match where, despite a cruiser already heading south, a Colorado who was far behind went south as well, (not helped by 3 ships going north). The entire convoy was sunk, because there was only one BB and CL around when Missouri spawned. So my team had to sink the entire enemy fleet to win, and our Colorado had already taken himself out of the match for a long time.

My team eventually won, barely, on two stars. (Guess which two).

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,834 posts
4,134 battles
10 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

IMO the problem this operation has, and in fact all the harder operations have, is that the players need to know what they are doing, know what the job of their ship is, look at the map, look at the location of the other players, and move into the best position to complete the objectives.

While there are many players who know how to do this, there are many who do not. There are those who ar new and just don’t know, then there are those who just don’t bother to learn, then there are those who know but choose not to play the objectives for their own means.

Which has been stated ad nauseum in every rant thread about scenarios.

189 posts
1,723 battles

Hi Guys,

Its fine to voice your disapproval of these ops as it does tend to bring out ideas on how two play any particular op. But it would be nice for those of us who wish to play any particular op to know what ships you actually might find successful. 

Here with Narai, I found Scharnhorst, Indianapolis and Duke of York in its original form. Is this still the case? What other ships do well in this op.

This would be very helpful for those who are hoping to get back to playing "Operation of the Week". At least a starting point.

Alex

B_T23  

245 posts
5,822 battles
22 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Hi Guys,

Its fine to voice your disapproval of these ops as it does tend to bring out ideas on how two play any particular op. But it would be nice for those of us who wish to play any particular op to know what ships you actually might find successful. 

Here with Narai, I found Scharnhorst, Indianapolis and Duke of York in its original form. Is this still the case? What other ships do well in this op.

This would be very helpful for those who are hoping to get back to playing "Operation of the Week". At least a starting point.

Alex

B_T23  

I’ve always found Nagato to be very good for this op. And it is still good for this op.

Good speed, powerful guns, and great secondaries. Got 3 secondary kills in a match last night.

1,340 posts
8,858 battles
44 minutes ago, Bengal_Tiger23 said:

Hi Guys,

Alex

B_T23  

Which ships eh?

For BBs, I recommend fast ships with good AA and/or secondaries. So ships like Scharn, Gneis, Lyon and maybe Hood are good picks. Scharn and Gneis are especially good because they have torps which they can use against the Missouri and other BBs. Duke of York is pretty decent with its AA and Hydro. Colorado is not recommended at all because 21 knots is just too slow. The rest are so-so, though Nelson can be a blast to play if you just sail straight down the middle at full speed.

For cruisers, any CL is good. Atlanta, Boise/NdJ, Helena, Shchors, Abruzzi, take your pick. Just remember to bring DFAA.

For DDs, hybrids like Gadjah Madah are alright, just as long as you don't have more than 1-2 DDs in the team. Pure gunboats aren't very useful - might as well bring a CL instead. IJN torpedo boats aren't useful too - their torpedo reloads are too long so a failed torp run is a lot of potential dps lost. Plus the enemy tends to approach head-on meaning it is very easy for the bots to dodge your torps, especially when you consider that IJN torpedoes are visible from the moon.

For CVs, just don't bring them, period. Too much DFAA in this operation. But if you absolutely have to bring a CV for whatever reason, Kaga is the best pick. Forget about the rest.

But really, it is not so much the ships but how players use them. A Scharn camping behind the transport ships is just as useless as a 21-knot Colorado.

Hope that helps.

1,340 posts
8,858 battles
1 hour ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

How do I survive the missouri when I am using Atlanta?it always aim me instead of my teammates and it's useless to stay angel against it

Try to put an island between you and the Missouri. When it gets close you can charge out from the island and smack it with your torps. If that doesn't kill it outright then point blank AP shells into its superstructure will finish the rest. 

[KGHSF]
3,205 posts
6,043 battles

Can I just not go ahead and :etc_swear: it? 

I don't care how good of your skills are 

What a ******* joke all the time with WG. Honestly :Smile-angry:     

there the PT screenshot to prove which one good for digging own grave

shot-18_07.13_21_55.54-0566.thumb.jpg.889ac857def47ba6f8bb265b7ca59c84.jpgshot-18_07.13_21_55.23-0951.thumb.jpg.bff77496a602f8f2acc4b0d6fd187ab2.jpg