You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
keskparane

Oh no. They are forcing Wargaming Game Center on us.

75 comments in this topic

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

From a recent email

As World of Warships sails closer to the third anniversary of its release, we're preparing not only to celebrate, but also to further improve some of our infrastructure. The game itself has evolved quite significantly since launch, with not just the appearance of new ships and maps, but also new game modes, battle types, mechanics and metagaming systems being introduced. Throughout this time our game launcher has remained unchanged, serving as the gangway by which everyone comes onboard for their daily dose of naval combat. However, while this piece of software has served us well through its very basic functionality, it’s time for it to evolve. As such, in the relatively near future, within the next few updates, our support for the old launcher infrastructure will end, with all of our players transitioning to our new launcher, the Wargaming Game Center.

The change will come in two stages, the first of which we are currently in: we'll be informing you about new Game Center features and the phasing out of support for the old game launchers, giving you and other players the necessary time to prepare and get acquainted with the new software. The second phase will consist of a patch, which will automatically transform the old launcher you are using into the new Wargaming Game Center. You can expect more information about these changes in the following weeks, so keep your eyes open!

We know that change is often challenging, so we want to ease the transition by making it worth your while! As we come closer to T-Day ('T' for transition!), expect a token of appreciation to be added to the accounts of those users who move across to the Game Center early. Keep your eyes open for further information, but in the meantime, consider installing the Wargaming Game Center straight away to stay ahead of the pack.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
327 posts

well, sucks to people still using internet from last century.

For me, its business as usual.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

I have tried it in the past, and it did some questionable things to my network modules, i.e. wont connect to internet after running this for a while and such until further restart. So I reverted back to old client. A few days ago, several clanmates tried this as well, and the thread is here as well in this forum started by @Exiaa. Its still the same shit it has been a year ago and now we are being forced to install that thing in our machines again? I think i'd rather switch to Steam version than this one. Unless mass people confirm that this is not doing random things to your pc and network related softwares.

2,225 posts
13,741 battles

Well they haven't figured out that you only need about 56 KB of different files to run a different region. They expect you to download 10's of GB's worth of duplicate data. :Smile_facepalm:

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Is it still mainly an advertisement for the premium shop with a tiny wittle button in the corner to launch the game? And has lot of bugs as a bonus?

1 minute ago, Thyaliad said:

Well this sucks. I am still using the old launcher precisely because I heard nothing but bad things about the Wargaming Game Centre..

+1

1,070 posts
3,850 battles
1 hour ago, keskparane said:

Well they haven't figured out that you only need about 56 KB of different files to run a different region. They expect you to download 10's of GB's worth of duplicate data. :Smile_facepalm:

I been doing that since the 2015 " no one but USA celebrates Halloween you noobs " event that was only on the NA server anyway!

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,495 battles

Game Center is already required for World of Warplanes. Personally, I've had no trouble with it but I do force-close it just as I start WoWP to prevent it running in the background.

Beta Tester
660 posts
3,532 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Well this sucks. I am still using the old launcher precisely because I heard nothing but bad things about the Wargaming Game Centre..

War-gaming Game Center is a cluster-mess , because i got WOWPlones NA and Wows SEA made me confused even if its WGC.

But i will gonna to decline WG wishes to T-day ( Transition ) to that.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,628 battles

been using since november last year, no issue anything

works everytime i click play thats the important part

i have a decent internut connection and a decent pc

WG Staff
468 posts

Hello Captains, First of all, thanks for your honest feedback.

Wargaming.net Game Center went through many improvements since first public release. It had a few problems, that may have earned it such a reputation in the past, and that's exactly the reason we did not start the migration process until now. In it's latest version, Wargaming.net Game Center is a stable user-friendly solution, and the major issues players complained about were fixed. By the way, we would like to say a big thank you to those who contributed to Wargaming.net Game Center testing.

[LBAS]
4,501 posts
25,685 battles
57 minutes ago, HuginnKR said:

Wargaming.net Game Center went through many improvements since first public release. It had a few problems, that may have earned it such a reputation in the past, and that's exactly the reason we did not start the migration process until now. In it's latest version, Wargaming.net Game Center is a stable user-friendly solution, and the major issues players complained about were fixed. By the way, we would like to say a big thank you to those who contributed to Wargaming.net Game Center testing.

to Lesta Studio,

continue support old launcher until that WGC can open less than 5s (for system have 2 cores of CPU and 2GB of RAM and the mount of data in RAM less than 10MB)

make it light and fast

2,225 posts
13,741 battles
33 minutes ago, MatterCore said:

to Lesta Studio,

continue support old launcher until that WGC can open less than 5s (for system have 2 cores of CPU and 2GB of RAM and the mount of data in RAM less than 10MB)

make it light and fast

and I would add that if you are going to combine everything into 1 launcher then that launcher should also not have to double up on any files. It should have a core installation and then some small config folders for different regions.

Alpha Tester
392 posts
2 hours ago, HuginnKR said:

Does one of the "improvements" include the option to login to WoWS across all regions without having to rely on mods? If not, then screw this WGC.

WG Staff
468 posts
1 minute ago, Nikolaevna said:

Does one of the "improvements" include the option to login to WoWS across all regions without having to rely on mods? If not, then screw this WGC.

We are aware of there is inconvenience for those who have accounts across regions. We're working on multi-login support for Wargaming.netGame Center.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,857 posts
4,140 battles

I'm  not sure what benefit there is to force a product that is not 100% on customers.   It's a guarenteed way to get massive customer backlash