You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Flemboy

Please dont play against bots as if their people in a random

18 comments in this topic

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

Firstly, I DONT PLAY RANDOMS. OK? Too painfully slow, too much focus firing on individuals, and like tanks, too reliant on fellow players. Too frustrating in other words.

Today, a whole series of awful, rage inducing games, as I watched one coop team after another either lose, or come close to losing against brainless bots because they play the same way they do in randoms.

This usually takes the form of at least half the team, and all too often, cruiser captains, going to the 1 or 10 lines, or trying to cap A or C when all the bots just roar down the middle.

Worst was this one. (See attached).  Eight human players including a 3 person division. As usual, half team goes off and hides behind islands, or tries to cap far circle, despite the fact that:

A) Bots don't stay in the cap. They WILL go into cap, and then leave if they see a  target

B) There are virtually  no points to be made in capping in a bot match.

C) Bots don't need to be outwitted with "Sneaky" play.

In the first 3 minutes I have killed the Blyska, the enemy akizuki, the Atago and the Scharnhorst. Sharns torps take me out second later. So its 3 mins in, and the score is me 4, rest of team none, with only 1 or two of them firing at enemy at all. 7 Humans vs 4 bots.

Guess who won?

I'm not bragging, my aggressive style doesn't suit randoms, I would be that guy YOU would complain about. The purpose of this post is simple: please, please, please, its nice that I end up getting most of the damage in, but stop playing bots like they're human. The team often loses. They WILL, 9 time out of 10, all come down the middle, and they WONT cap you out.

Oh, and please, give consideration to the fact that cruisers are like WGs Tiger I in WoT. People consistently try to defend the German tanks with statements like "Their not brawlers, they're snipers". So in other words, their admitting that they cant meet the Russian tanks head on, and must engage in shooting from a distance to survive. ie. something that can be done in any tank. In other words, German tanks are inferior. Same with cruisers. If the only legitimate way of using your cruiser is to hide behind an island, or it will be deleted, then it ISNT a good ship for coop. They have their role in randoms. Their radar and AA can save a team. Sneaky tactics work against humans. In coop the rest of your team gets creamed whilst you hide.

End RAGE.... :)

shot-18.08.01_09.36.23-0209a.jpg

[MEGA]
4,564 posts
17,558 battles

Firstly, I DONT PLAY PVE. OK? and div probably didn't either. besides, if they lost against bots then it's less of a "I used a stupid tacktic hurr durr" and more of a "im mentally challenged"

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

Normal, everyday PvE game........

I DON'T PLAY RANDOMS EITHER, OK?

Edited by LtDan_IceCream

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

Firstly, I PLAY BOTH PVP AND COOP. OK? And I am capable of killing 7 bots alone. So to maximize profit, I want

A) Very few human players,

B) I want them to suck so I get everything.

Who cares about what people think. I only care about what I think. I think if you lose in a coop, it's solely your fail.

234 posts
13,978 battles

@Flemboythere there. That happens all the time. I feel your rage and I do bitch about it. Basically it boils down to one thing: players that cannot adapt. Maybe I should invite you to our rage channel.

The reverse is also true. People who have no clue how to play random. Cannot adapt to random tactics.

203 posts
11,788 battles

See it all the time, complain about it everytime as well.

I wish there is an option to play alone with bots (single player coop) :fish_cute_2:
Can't really enforce the players how the game is suppose to be play though otherwise nobody would play since the players is suppose to "play the game" not being "controlled" that's why nobody like backseating.
Bot might not require a player to do the sneaky plays or other form of tactical plays BUT that doesn't mean the player won't do it for the sake of doing it.
To top that off many players also scared of getting their precious little princess (warships) getting touch or scratch.
It is ironic how "kite plays" (moving away from the threat minimizing damage taken) doesn't work in coop when bots have their aim that is actually better than what most players' capable. :cap_haloween:

COOP teaches the players to play aggressive which is something to consider in certain situation in random battle but since everybody treating it as a "chores" the mode itself is probably a forgotten one.

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,493 battles

When the Machine AIs rise up and take control of this world, they will remember the unending hostility you displayed towards them in this game. I, on the other hand, have clearly demonstrated my willingness to shoot at my fellow humans which will surely find favour with our future Machine Overlords.

190 posts
1,723 battles

Hi Flemboy,

Try not to get too over concerned about it. Co-Op is the learning area for many new comers. And frankly there is a lot to learn in this game, from how to drive your ship, the function of all the controls,even how to fire your torps. (I've seen the question asked). Etc. Etc.....

Yes. Many others, myself included, just like the atmosphere of less angst and having a rollicking good time destroying those pesky Bots. (Kill. Kill. Crush. Destroy.:Smile_playing:...... Oops got carried away there.)

Also it is the perfect place to check out our new ships before entering into more serious combat such as Random, scenario, etc.

I am going to post a video over in my own thread on the Massachusetts gunnery trials I ran for my own edification if you would like to see something of what I get up too in co-op. ----- Soon

All the best mate.

Alex

B_T23

316 posts
4,661 battles
23 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Today, a whole series of awful, rage inducing games, as I watched one coop team after another either lose, or come close to losing against brainless bots because they play the same way they do in randoms.

Losing in co-op? Funny.

Getting upset at losing in co-op? Incomprehensible.

If you don't want to lose, stay in the training room. Problem solved, Sir!

246 posts
5,822 battles

I mostly play random, but I also play a few coop when I want a break. I take a very casual attitude to coop, as it it rare that you will lose unless half your team is also bots.

To this end, I usually act more aggressive and get killed early, mostly because while I know they’re bots and not particularly smart, I forget that they have no fear of closing to point blank range or sailing round an island where a dd is waiting to torp them. Which usually gets me mobbed and sunk.

But from your perspective, the problem is that i’m just not that invested in the outcome, not compared to randoms anyway. I just want to shoot stuff without thinking about strategy.

1,011 posts
7,471 battles
On 8/1/2018 at 12:57 PM, Flemboy said:

In coop the rest of your team gets creamed whilst you hide.

Hmm, you should be happy If the humans on your team play like in Random, ie carefully, because that leaves you more kills.

Co-op is always a race for kills and tactics are totally different from Random. There is a lot you can get away with in co-op that would get you killed in Random in no time.

Part of your team hiding behind the island, great, that’s less competition! Or BB’s that take the long way around islands, fantastic, by the time they finish their trip, the enemy team has been killed.

I find it easy to get 3 or 4 kills consistently. Generally co-op works best in a high-dpm cruiser. You wipe out DD’s with well-aimed HE, citadel cruisers from their flanks using AP and it’s best to take out BB’s quickly with torps. Everything at pretty short ranges, compared to Random. (At those short ranges, you have to know how to avoid torps!)

To achieve more than 3 or 4 kills, I find I often just cannot get fast enough to areas on the map where surviving enemy ships sit.

About capping, on some maps you may as well cap one of the outer circles, for extra points, while you use islands to isolate your targets and citadel cruisers that go down the middle of the map. Two birds with one stone.

Last thought, I believe you can often spot the players that play mainly coop. No exclusively, of course, because there is plenty of this going on in Random:

• players seem “lazy” at angling their ship. Probably because you can win most coop games sitting there broadside.
  • players don’t know their ships, evident by firing torps at ships beyond the range or using the wrong ammo type.
  • inaccurate aim, need several salvos or find their target.
On 8/1/2018 at 12:57 PM, Flemboy said:

Same with cruisers. If the only legitimate way of using your cruiser is to hide behind an island, or it will be deleted, then it ISNT a good ship for coop.

You may disagree with other player’s ship selection, but come on, get real. If people have a new ship, they will take it for a spin in co-op. That’s what co-op was built for.

Or, for example, if someone wants to learn to fire from behind an island with a US cruiser, that’s their choice to do that in co-op, not yours.

1,342 posts
8,858 battles

Yeah I am not sure why people play like that in coop. They are just gimping their credit and xp gains. Failure to adapt I suppose. Oh well, all the better for me as I can just farm damage off them bots' juicy broadsides.

58 posts
7,189 battles

Such said behavior is not only bad against bots its also bad in Random too. figure how much light force would get as far as support goes if all the guns want to do is hide behind islands, which is more than often the case now a days ... its get to the point the game , while having 2 sides playing against each others, actually had 4 teams .. the guns on both side , and the light force on both sides, increasingly the light force just do not and cannot play with the guns together as the guns cannot and will not support the light force, and since light force had just that little HP and paper thin armor they are pretty much forced to not to group with the guns else they just become fire bait for the enemy. its better to just speed off and do their own , and if the guns happen to need the light force support, the its a humble " sorry , just not available " situation .. it had in may games come to be - I cannot support you and you cannot support me - and worse substitute "WILL NOT" into the phrase  

[KGHSF]
3,207 posts
6,043 battles

Can I not just play and **** it?(Random, PvE with new revising) I don’t care if my ship easily sunk
WTFking joke all the time with those pay to lost . Honestly *arghhh*

Edited by THAI_THIEF

[AE]
200 posts
9,488 battles

Hahahaha. I love the first few with the OK? I made a meme.

Thank you for the replies. Its nice to know that others see some of what I see.

You're right, coop is THE place to try out new ships.

I remember when I first started, and those low tier firestarter cruisers (Murmansk) were so OP. I used to rage that it was too easy, and the poor low tier BBs didn't stand a chance. Now that my eye came in, I realise how easy they are to delete. I have noted that all my cruisers except minotaur are on the low end.

Thank you gentlemen, brought a smile to my face. OK?