Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Schwarzhelmm

Is Narai still Bank of Narai?

20 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
28 posts
3,107 battles

Narai can still give good XP and Credits, however because the bots are OP and most random players need a major buff, without a Div or some good play you're unlikely to farm anywhere near what you used to

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU

[LBAS]
164 posts
3,935 battles

Not with the random teams I've had. I mean I literally watched a Scharnost try to take out the fleeing cargo ships with secondaries and get sunk by the Nicholas.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,859 posts
4,140 battles

But this has been proven with UF and raptor that tweaking the bots and making the scenario slightly more challenging is proving too much for some players abilities to cope with.

The days of press "W" to profit are gone.  Ive said it in another thread.  The scenarios are not the issue.  its the players unable to adapt or learn how to do the scenarios so we can't blame weegee

Alpha Tester
28 posts
3,107 battles

Agree totally Ralph hence Randoms are UP and need a Buff in SA, common sense and team play as far to many ships are being lost even before the T9 BB turns up. I'm loving the kill and damage mentality where games such as the last one where an Atlanta and Gneisenau go chasing down the Cargo ships, then claim that they "did well cause we both got 6 kills". Yeah great work, shame the team could have done with your firepower where you  could actually hit something useful, would much prefer to let the cargo ships go if I have to to get at least the 4 star victory..

H

Edited by H_87A_2CU

243 posts
14,026 battles

A good game is one where I top the table in a 5star game (although 4 sometimes counts), get the least kills, cause oodles of damage and finish the scenario with time to spare to play 'torp your teammates'. It means I had to work my ass off to support my team.

A good game is one where everyone gets almost the same score in a 5 star game, and finishes the scenario with time to spare to play 'Citadel your teammates'. It means everyone contributed almost equally to achieving the objective.

A bad game is one where you get 0 stars because people were not contributing towards the objective.

A bad game is one where you could have gotten 5 stars easily but someone did not listen to the objectives and ignores the rest of the team, ending up with 4 or less stars.

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,636 battles

played a few its alright, getting 3 to 5 stars

as long everyone knows what they must do its easy if not you know the outcome

it's full of premium ship, its the scenario to use your premium T7 lol

1,356 posts
8,888 battles

Slightly harder but otherwise still the same Narai - Atlantas, Scharnhorsts and DPM cruisers still dominate, CVs still useless because of all the DFAA spam. Still a good op to farm credits in, I bought the Boise to play this op in, and I am glad to say I wasn't disappointed with my decision.

However it is a bit more complicated now. The King will escape to the north which means your team will to send at least one person, preferably a cruiser with DFAA, to the north to deal with it. A CV can't snipe it because the King has been upgraded to a Lexington now, meaning it has DFAA. Plus the Nicholas that sometimes follows it also has DFAA. Also the auxiliary ships will always escape to the south now. One of them is pretty fast so a fast ship should head down there to deal with them.

Therefore to get 5-stars the team need to know what they are doing - they need to split into 3 groups. One to deal with the CV, one to deal with the fleeing ships and one to deal with the Missouri. Not hard to get 4-5 stars if the team plays properly. Like Raptor Rescue, my losses were mostly due to people just crowding around the lead troop ship's repair circle or hanging in the back, and not being proactive in clearing the way for the transports.

Overall this op is still as fun as always. My only main complaint is CV are pretty much useless. Almost every ship has DFAA, including those tier 5 Nicholases, and to top it off even the forts have ridiculously strong AA. My suggestion to WG would be to remove the AA from the forts and DFAA from the DDs.

330 posts
4,099 battles
4 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

But this has been proven with UF and raptor that tweaking the bots and making the scenario slightly more challenging is proving too much for some players abilities to cope with.

The days of press "W" to profit are gone.  Ive said it in another thread.  The scenarios are not the issue.  its the players unable to adapt or learn how to do the scenarios so we can't blame weegee

I blame WG for everything. I was discussing about the raptor a while ago and then this thing. If some players can't cope with the difficulty of this operation then why Would WG makes it challenging? Is WG going to kick every ass of PvE players? or what? And yet Narai still give me a little income. Just wait for it. In the future Co-op battle will have the same fate. Just.. just wait for it.

243 posts
14,026 battles

@ThyaliadI found the optimal configuration to be: 1 to stop the transports, 1 to stop the CV (preferably both atlantas) and everyone else punch their way through ahead of the convoy. I just did it in a Mahan supporting the main group and we got 5 stars, and 7 WHOLE MINUTES left. Mind you, this was in a div of 5 where we knew our stuff after a few consecutive rounds of 3star then 4star...

70 posts
3,170 battles

Honestly after getting 5 stars in the new Narai, I tried to Div with a 5 ship fleet and played Cherry Blossom. CB has better earnings and easier to accomplish even with a small number of players. We got 5 stars there only using 1 Batimore and 4 Cleves.

1,356 posts
8,888 battles
9 hours ago, DFaultPlayR69 said:

Honestly after getting 5 stars in the new Narai, I tried to Div with a 5 ship fleet and played Cherry Blossom. CB has better earnings and easier to accomplish even with a small number of players. We got 5 stars there only using 1 Batimore and 4 Cleves.

Though to be honest, Cherry Blossom is extremely easy. Apart from torpedo soup, there is no real way for the enemy to harm you.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets retuned later like Narai and Raptor Rescue.

243 posts
14,026 battles
4 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

Though to be honest, Cherry Blossom is extremely easy. Apart from torpedo soup, there is no real way for the enemy to harm you.

Where instead of running off the map, the 3 Zaos turn and banzai into the fleet, spamming torpedoes left and right and taking down names?

70 posts
3,170 battles
8 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

That's why we need to farm the heck out of it before WG decides to "Rework" it. :cap_haloween:

1,356 posts
8,888 battles
5 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Where instead of running off the map, the 3 Zaos turn and banzai into the fleet, spamming torpedoes left and right and taking down names?

They would probably just increase the tier of the enemy ships or add a BB or two somewhere. Though it would be interesting if the Zaos did as you said. :Smile_ohmy:

1,070 posts
3,850 battles

Just did 9 games on the NA server in the Scharnhorst while I have a days prem time there,all wins.Still good for XP and credits.Frontier is actually a lot harder than this now.

Definitely need a team that can split properly to take all the objectives to get a good score.I think the King only escaped in one of the matches.

Main problem I found was players bunching up around the transport ships at the start and not pushing at least a bit.Its ASIA peak time so at the moment which shows on the NA server.Should be better when the NA peak time hits.

Edited by BanditSE1977

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Well it hard to get a million worth math now, but it still seem more better play to grind than UF 

aDEXorB.jpg

2 star, basic flag, france camo and pre acc:cap_tea:

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

Sign in to follow this