Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DFaultPlayR69

What happened to the Tier8 population?

9 comments in this topic

70 posts
3,170 battles

Everytime I play tier8 ships, it's almost 80% of the time, I'm being put as bottom tier, with almost half the teams being tier9-19 and only 1-2 ships are tier8.  Where the heck are the tier8 players? Are they busy milking Narai 2.0 aka. Cherry Blossom all over again, what about the KM, and IJN cruisers being left out.

218 posts
11,604 battles

there's more t8 plays around off peak hours in my experience. The peak hours are full of narai / T10s. Plus many T10 are still grinding unique mods.

247 posts
5,825 battles

T8 is a tough tier. Because T10 can only pull ships UP from others tiers, T8s are more likely to get up tiered than say, T7s. Or that’s what I feel anyway.

320 posts
4,672 battles

I agree with OP that T8 has been particularly brutal recently, but as  noted above it's not quite so bad off peak hours.

I think that's more to do with there being fewer T10 ships in the pool at other times of the day than more T8 ones however.

Edited by Rina_Pon

156 posts
4,055 battles

IMO there are relatively fewer players left (like me) who are still grinding through T8 ships. Most of them are well past T8 and sailing bigger fish. 

Also, legendary mods can be the culprit too, as more and more players are playing T10 to unlock them. 

But yes, being the sole T8 in a T10-T9 game is not unusual nowadays and its very painful. Makes you a better player at the end of the day IMO, as you have even lesser room for error. 

70 posts
3,170 battles
1 hour ago, Anger_Lehner said:

Also, legendary mods can be the culprit too, as more and more players are playing T10 to unlock them. 

But yes, being the sole T8 in a T10-T9 game is not unusual nowadays and its very painful. Makes you a better player at the end of the day IMO, as you have even lesser room for error. 

Guess that's why there are so many tier10s these past weeks. It's not even fun anymore when you're the only tier8 in a tier9-10 battle. You'll just end up camping behind an island and waiting for the inevitable citadel salvo from a Yamato leaving you with no damage done or any contribution to the team.

[151ST]
1,013 posts
4,521 battles

Well I'll be out in my premiums today... Finally ran out of credits again (Minotaur and Hipper purchase + kit outs)

So maybe see you there...

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,614 battles

it's been so for a long time, i play past T8 mostly in T10..quite a work out if i have to say in a cruiser

and now in monarch also going thru the same pain only worst :Smile_sad:

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,931 battles

It's part of the grind for T10.

At Tier 9, your ships suck (on average) and at T8 you are massively and constantly outclassed in terms of ship power.

By the time you reach T10 in that line, you REALLY appreciate it.

Sign in to follow this