You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

So how was your weekend? (On Sharks, Eagles)

24 comments in this topic

315 posts
4,631 battles

Maybe the player base has settled in, or all the weekend warriors are on summer vacation, but I had some good - if challenging - games this weekend, and it was all pretty civil in chat. A few camping BBs, one or two CV letdowns but on the whole most people were competent even when mistakes were made.

Anyway ...  I see WG has come up with yet another overlayer of cruft to try and boost engagement numbers, this Eagles vs. Sharks thing. It feels really artificial, crass, and frankly so plainly obviously manipulative that I don't think it even works as an engagement incentive.

Of course I join Eagles. They have sunnier color and I anyways always join the underdog team. WG gives me a few extra crates. Yay. Thank you WG. That's all. I'm not playing more, I'm not getting excited for Eagles to win (they won't...) and I don't care about points or loyalty tokens or any of the special mission objectives like "use 5 consumables" or "get 10 defend ribbons". Sometimes I happen to get them sometimes I don't. What I don't care for is WG trying to make me play for anything other than the objective. It's a distraction I can ignore, but a distraction is still a distraction. Also, encouraging my teammates to play recklessly or distracting them with side bonuses is not appreciated.

But anyway the whole concept is dumb. People choosing sides and summing the points to decide a winner just means the team with the most people, or who play the most, wins. There's nothing interesting in that, because there's no challenge.  Sharks win because they have more players. Where's the satisfaction in that? No, alright alright, the concept at a higher level is fine: special events where people can join teams and work for common, long term goals? Not bad in principle, but WG needs to tweak it so that it actually amounts to something beyond "X more people clicked the right side of the screen this morning."

65 posts
3,056 battles

When everyone joining and mostly Sharks Team, then what's the point of this event?:cap_hmm:
It's not really competitive anymore and not exciting who will win, because you already know what's going to happen.
If they are going to do a same event again like Clash of Element of Shark vs Eagle. players should be randomly join to each side to be balance, well that's my opinion. 

Beta Tester
906 posts

Everyone go sharks. Then everyone go eagles after 75 loyalty. Everyone will profit...  

I only want the shark wooster camo. All you need to do is stay loyal and make 1 point a day for 2 weeks out of the 3. 

Edited by SlamUez

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

I think I know what you mean. Was playing some games and suddenly realized I didn't feel an incentive to play the event.

As for team I went Sharks because I also went Water last event. We already have 70% of everything on the surface of the earth :)

Edited by keskparane

14 posts
4,190 battles

The in round missions are an abomination

"Team mate.  Please pop radar"

"It's on cooldown"

"K but we've only just started the round and why is your spotter plane up so early?  Don't have a mission to use 5 consumables by any chance?"

"Ya.  How did you know?"

"......."

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles
2 hours ago, SlamUez said:

Everyone go sharks. Then everyone go eagles after 75 loyalty. Everyone will profit...  

I only want the shark wooster camo. All you need to do is stay loyal and make 1 point a day for 2 weeks out of the 3. 

The problem is that most dont bother to read the rules nor understand the best way to get the most out of the event.

But that's their problem

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts
7 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The problem is that most dont bother to read the rules nor understand the best way to get the most out of the event.

But that's their problem

or don't even join the event in the first place.......

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles
1 minute ago, LtDan_IceCream said:

or don't even join the event in the first place.......

I would reckon you would have to be a complete numpty to miss the front screen of the game when it loads......but then again.  Ive seen worse in this game.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles
30 minutes ago, tc1259 said:

Yeah Nah ;) 

Not doing this - I'm on a little bit of a break atm lol

Yeap.  Play for fun and not because you have to

216 posts
11,476 battles
2 hours ago, AndersVolvker said:

The in round missions are an abomination

"Team mate.  Please pop radar"

"It's on cooldown"

"K but we've only just started the round and why is your spotter plane up so early?  Don't have a mission to use 5 consumables by any chance?"

"Ya.  How did you know?"

"......."

couldn't believe someone would actually do it. :cap_fainting:

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,824 posts
4,100 battles
23 minutes ago, Lowyat said:

couldn't believe someone would actually do it. :cap_fainting:

I can.  Noone gives a rats patooty about the objective.  The server demographics are all about farming damage, and grinding mindlessly while only carting about yourself.

112 posts
2,960 battles

The behaviour of 2 DDs (non div) in a game i had last night made me wonder if there was some reward for yoloing into the enemy cap in the first 4 minutes.

It had a very spectacular impact on the enemy play for the next couple of minutes though. The War-chester and Des both got smoked heading back to light them up.  

Beta Tester
603 posts
6,754 battles

They just have to make it so it's not the team with the most points that win, it's the team with the highest average number of points.  That way number of players doesn't matter.

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles
24 minutes ago, Unraveler said:

At last, my Indianapolis has an appropriate flag.

:Smile_ohmy:

326 posts
10,481 battles

Since this is the "Shark Week", so will go for shark for while.

If people celebrate the "Eagle Week", I will join them later on.

Meh, in the end no matter which side u choose, u still get the free gift, that what's matter.

[LBAS]
163 posts
3,921 battles

Why did I join Team Shark?

I tossed a coin.

Literally, that's it. I'm not going to get any of the perma camo's or patches for one team or the other.

I may get the Freedom Camo's if I find a reason, but that's it. 

I'm in it for the Coal I get in the crates.

315 posts
4,631 battles

I was looking at the daily leaderboard last night. The top players are in the 4000+ point range.

It was a smart move on WG's part to make the points earned a function of (no. of games played x skill). It means any lunkhead can top the stats if he/she just plays 12 h straight. And it seems people are encouraged to do just that. Yikes.

OTOH the daily 3-tier mission (1 win at 250, 1 win at 500, 1 win at 1000 XP) can be done in less than an hour, and requires no more effort/planning above what I'd normally play in an evening anyway, so I guess I should be happy.