Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

My thought about Raptor rescue

42 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
309 posts
4,060 battles

This is like by far the toughest operation after the frontier. There are so many IJN ships that spawns everywhere and randomly meaning that battleships have some issues with it. Me and my teams have a hard time to delete them. What's even worse is that there are two carriers and one of them are far away from the route and my teammate must delete all of them for the sake of getting 5 stars. Please wargaming if you are about to change an operation, don't expect all players will make a good teamwork. And teamwork is still an issue to this day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles
14 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

. Please wargaming if you are about to change an operation, don't expect all players will make a good teamwork. And teamwork is still an issue to this day.

The missions have to challenging and generally they are.   The issue is the player base does not understand the objectives nor cares.  They use scenarios to farm damage and don't care if a win is 1 star or 5. 

I've found the level of cohesion and teamwork for scenarios has degraded to a laughable standard over the past few patches.  The difficulty only show the incompetence more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,832 battles

It is a bit harder than before but still pretty doable.

The big change is that teams must be very disciplined in sticking with Raptor. It is very easy to stray too far from the Raptor and thus leaving it defenceless from an unlucky enemy spawn.

For this reason, CVs are extremely important in this Op. A friendly CV can easily solo the 2 enemy CVs, meaning the rest of the team don't have to split up or stray too far from the Raptor.

29 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The missions have to challenging and generally they are.   The issue is the player base does not understand the objectives nor cares.  They use scenarios to farm damage and don't care if a win is 1 star or 5. 

I've found the level of cohesion and teamwork for scenarios has degraded to a laughable standard over the past few patches.  The difficulty only show the incompetence more.

Imo the biggest challenge in this operation is not the bots, but is and always has been the dumb players who think that the best way to escort a VIP is to walk behind them. :Smile_sceptic:

I can't count how many times the team lost because everybody was busy trying to hump the repair ship despite being at high health, so naturally nobody was able to stop the two DDs from torping the Raptor. :Smile_facepalm:

This is why I always scout ahead of the Raptor. Because if there is one thing that all these Scenarios has taught me, it is that you cannot rely on anybody except yourself.

 

Edited by Thyaliad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,482 battles

To the OP, teamwork in an online game? Oh you poor optimistic person!

Ok, jokes out of way. Biggest issue in the revised scenarios is the increased randomization. So as someone else said, you really need a CV who knows his WSAD from his Auto drops. Without scouting, 5 stars becomes a real crap shoot.

Best advice, join a clan, get at least 4 people together and then join a scenario game. Hopefully you can get some decent teamwork going.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
245 posts
5,809 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The missions have to challenging and generally they are.   The issue is the player base does not understand the objectives nor cares.  They use scenarios to farm damage and don't care if a win is 1 star or 5. 

I've found the level of cohesion and teamwork for scenarios has degraded to a laughable standard over the past few patches.  The difficulty only show the incompetence more.

Yeah, I don’t know about other people, but for me ops are about farming XP and credits, to do that, you really do need to win with as many stars as possible.

It’s trickier, but still doable, you just can’t do it with the lazy casual attitude you did before, which noobs like me loved, but I suppose we need to keep them interesting so other players will play them.

Problem is, you need as many players on the team as possible to know what they are doing. Hopefully things will get better as more people come familiar with it and develop new strategies. And hopefully learn to not die in the first 5 mins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
245 posts
5,809 battles
5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

It is a bit harder than before but still pretty doable.

The big change is that teams must be very disciplined in sticking with Raptor. It is very easy to stray too far from the Raptor and thus leaving it defenceless from an unlucky enemy spawn.

For this reason, CVs are extremely important in this Op. A friendly CV can easily solo the 2 enemy CVs, meaning the rest of the team don't have to split up or stray too far from the Raptor.

Imo the biggest challenge in this operation is not the bots, but is and always has been the dumb players who think that the best way to escort a VIP is to walk behind them. :Smile_sceptic:

I can't count how many times the team lost because everybody was busy trying to hump the repair ship despite being at high health, so naturally nobody was able to stop the two DDs from torping the Raptor. :Smile_facepalm:

This is why I always scout ahead of the Raptor. Because if there is one thing that all these Scenarios has taught me, it is that you cannot rely on anybody except yourself.

 

On the topic of CVs, how do you manage your CV’s path during the op? While It was always tricky, with the multiple paths now, and enemy who seem to focus on CV more, it’s even more difficult.

In my Ryujo, I try to stay with the fleet, usually just behind main force, but with the utter unpredictability of human players, you cannot use a ‘set and forget approach.’ On a similar note, I find that when I am following an auto path, and another ship comes up nearby, my autopilot tends to overcorrect, and crash into an island, which means more time spent focusing on getting back on track, and not directing my squads. Any tips?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
233 posts
13,956 battles
5 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The missions have to challenging and generally they are.   The issue is the player base does not understand the objectives nor cares.  They use scenarios to farm damage and don't care if a win is 1 star or 5. 

I've found the level of cohesion and teamwork for scenarios has degraded to a laughable standard over the past few patches.  The difficulty only show the incompetence more.

That I agree. People play it as if they were playing random and half the fleet goes hunting a running ship.

5 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

For this reason, CVs are extremely important in this Op. A friendly CV can easily solo the 2 enemy CVs, meaning the rest of the team don't have to split up or stray too far from the Raptor.

Imo the biggest challenge in this operation is not the bots, but is and always has been the dumb players who think that the best way to escort a VIP is to walk behind them. :Smile_sceptic:

I can't count how many times the team lost because everybody was busy trying to hump the repair ship despite being at high health, so naturally nobody was able to stop the two DDs from torping the Raptor. :Smile_facepalm:

Important yes, but not completely necessary. What you need is just one cruiser/non-ijn dd go hunting for the cv. Just one. ONLY one per CV. With the proliferation of dfaa in ops, it's a difficult CV life. You're quite restricted to hunting cvs and non-dfaa ships. And the annoying thing is that your "team" shoots the cv instead of the dfaa ships that you need taken out. And don't get me started on repair point and the dummies that hog it despite being high on health.

9 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

Yeah, I don’t know about other people, but for me ops are about farming XP and credits, to do that, you really do need to win with as many stars as possible.

It’s trickier, but still doable, you just can’t do it with the lazy casual attitude you did before, which noobs like me loved, but I suppose we need to keep them interesting so other players will play them.

Problem is, you need as many players on the team as possible to know what they are doing. Hopefully things will get better as more people come familiar with it and develop new strategies. And hopefully learn to not die in the first 5 mins.

The ironic thing is that in order to farm efficiently, you need to play as a team. A 3 star win is better than a 0 star loss. And a 5 star win is better than a 3 star win. Interestingly, when I get great farming damage in the op, it is because I play according to the rules of the scenario and escort Raptor effectively. And if it we lose the Raptor because half the fleet are not following instructions, usually I am still farming damage and still escorting Raptor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
233 posts
13,956 battles
16 minutes ago, Grygus_Triss said:

On the topic of CVs, how do you manage your CV’s path during the op? While It was always tricky, with the multiple paths now, and enemy who seem to focus on CV more, it’s even more difficult.

In my Ryujo, I try to stay with the fleet, usually just behind main force, but with the utter unpredictability of human players, you cannot use a ‘set and forget approach.’ On a similar note, I find that when I am following an auto path, and another ship comes up nearby, my autopilot tends to overcorrect, and crash into an island, which means more time spent focusing on getting back on track, and not directing my squads. Any tips?

Not as easy now. Just follow the fleet and hope your team doesn't all peel off and leave the sneaky aoba/myoko with dfaa at the back shooting at you. You do have to pay a lot more attention than before. My tips: Hit myogi instead of furu as a good broadside will easily delete the furu. Fighter to halfway south to cv but don't spot until you finish the first 3 ships. Hit lone non-dfaa targets. Hunt 2nd CV. If you end up attempting to strike torpedobeating minekazes, your team is not doing their work. Use empty load dbs to spot those close range dd torpedoes when you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
309 posts
4,060 battles
6 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The missions have to challenging and generally they are.   The issue is the player base does not understand the objectives nor cares.  They use scenarios to farm damage and don't care if a win is 1 star or 5. 

I've found the level of cohesion and teamwork for scenarios has degraded to a laughable standard over the past few patches.  The difficulty only show the incompetence more.

Uhh. I just played the scenario and I found something utterly stupid. It's so stupid that you will laugh at it. So, when i was about to attack the enemy carrier, I didn't realize that my team was pushing the raptor (literally). Because of this, the support ship won't move and my teammates were just firing at the enemy. Moreover the raptor doesn't move. I hope WG will fix this issue. And I forgive my team's stupidity because this kind of situation is quite rare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
309 posts
4,060 battles
54 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Players who zoom in and never get out of sniper mode are not unique to scenarios.   The y just bumble around the ocean bumping into everything

It's one of those players who have Co-op battle tactics and principles. I think most players cannot handle the weakness of raptor's health. And the enemy's position is just unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5
[PAR-D]
Member
12 posts
6,153 battles

When I play CV i usually go for the Myogi with torps and bombs. I send my fighters up to the north to see if the Myoko has spawned up there then head off south if she hasn't to spot her in her southern spawn then move on to attacking the  first CV.

 

Edited by Brownyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
233 posts
13,956 battles
11 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

It's one of those players who have Co-op battle tactics and principles. I think most players cannot handle the weakness of raptor's health. And the enemy's position is just unacceptable.

Coop players do not have those tactics and principles. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
245 posts
5,809 battles
1 hour ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Uhh. I just played the scenario and I found something utterly stupid. It's so stupid that you will laugh at it. So, when i was about to attack the enemy carrier, I didn't realize that my team was pushing the raptor (literally). Because of this, the support ship won't move and my teammates were just firing at the enemy. Moreover the raptor doesn't move. I hope WG will fix this issue. And I forgive my team's stupidity because this kind of situation is quite rare.

This happened to me once too, prior to 7.7. My team wanted to hurry raptor up for some reason, make it go faster... instead they glitched it out, and we spent the rest of the game killing enemies until it timed out, and we failed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
392 posts
8 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

The missions have to challenging and generally they are.

But this is only normal mode, yet it's meant to be challenging? I've played other PvE games with normal mode difficulty and they are generally fun and enjoyable. If normal mode is supposed to be extremely frustrating and likely to burst a blood vessel, then WG need not bother with hard mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,482 battles
38 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

More challenging then.

Yeah. People got used to showing up in their Cleveland's, sailing pretty much in a straight line, and getting an almost guaranteed 4/5* . Actually the Cleveland disappearing from T6 has probably had a big impact on the ease of the T6 scenarios. Easy mode.

4 -5 * should be the exception, not the rule, I think this is what a lot of people are having 'issues' with.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,832 battles
3 hours ago, Grygus_Triss said:

On the topic of CVs, how do you manage your CV’s path during the op? While It was always tricky, with the multiple paths now, and enemy who seem to focus on CV more, it’s even more difficult.

In my Ryujo, I try to stay with the fleet, usually just behind main force, but with the utter unpredictability of human players, you cannot use a ‘set and forget approach.’ On a similar note, I find that when I am following an auto path, and another ship comes up nearby, my autopilot tends to overcorrect, and crash into an island, which means more time spent focusing on getting back on track, and not directing my squads. Any tips?

Nothing much you can do about it. Just follow behind the support ships and remember to set your autopilot waypoints often. Adjust your speed accordingly.

As for general tips, hit BBs and cruisers which don't have DFAA, kill the CVs and use your fighter or empty dive bombers to scout ahead and spot DDs and their torps.

Don't bother witb DFAA cruisers, it is generally not worth it. Though you can bait their DFAA in a pinch, it just takes too long and there are usually more pressing targets. Plus you run the risk of losing random planes, and if you are using an Independence you really don't want that happening thanks to its small hangar size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KGHSF]
Member
3,203 posts
6,030 battles

WG should be happy that players had failed the game 

Spoiler

BUT I WON'T ADMIT IT 

:etc_swear: SAKE :etc_swear: SAKE

 tenor.gif

 

 

 

Edited by THAI_THIEF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
309 posts
4,060 battles
1 hour ago, Thyaliad said:

Nothing much you can do about it. Just follow behind the support ships and remember to set your autopilot waypoints often. Adjust your speed accordingly.

As for general tips, hit BBs and cruisers which don't have DFAA, kill the CVs and use your fighter or empty dive bombers to scout ahead and spot DDs and their torps.

Don't bother witb DFAA cruisers, it is generally not worth it. Though you can bait their DFAA in a pinch, it just takes too long and there are usually more pressing targets. Plus you run the risk of losing random planes, and if you are using an Independence you really don't want that happening thanks to its small hangar size.

TBH I played the scenario with my Normandie. I didn't have any carriers.

 

3 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Coop players do not have those tactics and principles. Period.

Oh really?

 

3 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

More challenging then.

More outcome then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,482 battles
13 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Players who zoom in and never get out of sniper mode are not unique to scenarios.   The y just bumble around the ocean bumping into everything

On the weekend I had a CV player on this scenario ask " How do I get out of zoom mode". Given how he performed, I'm 90% he wasn't trolling. 

Sigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,831 posts
4,110 battles

I have found the main problem is that players tend to focus on the 1st Cv leave the main group and get focus fired.  That  also leaves the raptor and support ships vulnerable at the 2nd point.    Players tend to then stick behind the fleet and when it comes to beating raptor to the last point realise that Raptor is quicker than most of their ships.

 

Ive had a 5 star game this wee,  a coupel of 4's and a lot of pure fails.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
326 posts
10,515 battles
9 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I have found the main problem is that players tend to focus on the 1st Cv leave the main group and get focus fired.  That  also leaves the raptor and support ships vulnerable at the 2nd point.    Players tend to then stick behind the fleet and when it comes to beating raptor to the last point realise that Raptor is quicker than most of their ships.

 

Ive had a 5 star game this wee,  a coupel of 4's and a lot of pure fails.

^This.

In addition, player also get afraid to damage their ship & start to panic when their ships become main target or the ships start fire.

 

Anyway this mode is quite easy if people know what to do and stick to objective. But u not always have a nice day in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,832 battles
10 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I have found the main problem is that players tend to focus on the 1st Cv leave the main group and get focus fired.  That  also leaves the raptor and support ships vulnerable at the 2nd point.

That is why when I play CVs on this op I like to attack the south CV early, after dealing with the initial 3 ships. So that when the Zuiho goes down my allies are still relatively near the Raptor and can rejoin the formation quickly.

Also because the Minekaze and Kuma escorts spawn and push north earlier, the team can deal with them without straying too far from the Raptor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×