Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Secondary build for Normandie

9 comments in this topic

311 posts
4,076 battles

Right now I have accuracy upgrade. But is it better to mount secondary upgrade and manual fire control?

311 posts
4,076 battles
1 hour ago, User_1145141919810 said:

Definitely NO.

Okay, how about survivability skills? which one should i pick?

[COAT]
1,183 posts
10,158 battles
3 小時前,mr_glitchy_R 說:

Okay, how about survivability skills? which one should i pick?

It has very good manueverability.(30 kts)

Personally I think you have no choice other than survivability.(The ship has no AA)

Edited by User_1145141919810

311 posts
4,076 battles
9 hours ago, User_1145141919810 said:

It has very good manueverability.(30 kts)

Personally I think you have no choice other than survivability.(The ship has no AA)

Fine, what is the perfect build that feels mandatory in your opinion?

Super Tester
7,544 posts
7,993 battles

Simple rules I follow, if a ship doesn't have 7km or longer base secondary range, do not waste on secondary builds.

Start building AA captain. Even though you do not have AA to speak of in Normandie, you will soon get Lyon, which, with AA build is strongest t7 AA, even stronger than Gneisenau.

Secondary build on Alsace and Republique is viable. However, you need IFHe for theose guns to actually do damage.

Edited by icy_phoenix

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,492 battles
59 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

Simple rules I follow, if a ship doesn't have 7km or longer base secondary range, do not waste on secondary builds.

Start building AA captain. Even though you do not have AA to speak of in Normandie, you will soon get Lyon, which, with AA build is strongest t7 AA, even stronger than Gneisenau.

Secondary build on Alsace and Republique is viable. However, you need IFHe for theose guns to actually do damage.

Yep. Going secondary on French BBs is a bit of a trap. People look at the range on the secondaries and think "wow, this could be better than a German BB". But German BBs get 150mm secondaries, and that sweet German 1/4 HE pen = free IFHE.

Like Icy said , on french you really need IFHE, and by the time you have spent all those points on IFHE, manual Sec, AFT, BFT to really make it work, you have to think what could I better spend the points on. It will work, but there will always be other ships better at close range secondary brawling than you, so the real question you need to answer  is at what range do you fell most comfortable playing your BBs at, and then decide on the build. 

683 posts
7,358 battles

About secondaries build GK vs Republique.

GK secondaries somehow has much better survivability, as long as you aren't rained with British BB HE shells, or direct pen from CL/CA AP shells. Republique secondaries seemed to be susceptible to CA HE shells, I find a few times when it came to brawling range, my republique secondaries just left those 150mm, the smaller calibre guns were all wiped out.

Republique I think the main advantage is not brawling like German BB, but to fully utilise that 8 big, fast reload , accurate guns. I find their penetration almost comparable to Yamato main guns (I'm on the receiving end though XD) 

Sign in to follow this