Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cruizah_Bruizah

Doubloons

6 comments in this topic

1 post
6,298 battles

Hi all.

Question? I already had in my stock the Tirpitz and Kii and according to WOWs discount specials if you already have these two ships you would be given doubloons but as yet I haven't received any. How do I go about getting these?

Edited by Bruce_Southam

315 posts
4,631 battles

AFAIK you only get the doubloons if you buy the ship again at the sale price. The wording is misleading, at first I thought like you that it would be an automatic cashback.

237 posts
5,804 battles
11 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

AFAIK you only get the doubloons if you buy the ship again at the sale price. The wording is misleading, at first I thought like you that it would be an automatic cashback.

So... If you bought the Kii at full price, then buy it again at the special price, you get doubloons worth the full price of the Kii?

So you’re only “saving” money if you intended to buy a Kii’s worth of doubloons anyway.

14 posts
4,190 battles

No.  You get the amount of doubloons equal to the sale price.  They've closed that loophole deeming it abuse of system to get discounted doubloons.  It states on the sale page how many you will get back.

Whereas they've probably closed an avenue where people who would not otherwise spend did so for the cheaper dubs.  WG logic - Better to have less cash at full price than more cash with discount options.

315 posts
4,631 battles

Right, so by hitting the "buy" button on the discounted ship you already own you are just converting that money to doubloons at regular rate.

As I said, the wording is misleading since it suggests there is some advantage to the player to get the compensation, but really it's just "well if you are dumb enough to buy the same ship twice, here we'll give you some doubloons rather than refund your money" ...

WG Staff
465 posts

We would like to clarify the situation. For a long period of time, we have been offering full doubloon compensation for most cases where a player bought a package containing a ship they already owned on that account. This included packages which were discounted. However, we’ve noticed that a portion of our players have been using these mechanics to purchase discounted doubloons – a procedure we had not intended, but which we had tolerated until it reached a certain scale. Experience and data has shown that we cannot keep these mechanics, as well as keep offering packages with significant discounts to our audience without detrimental impact to the game as a whole. 

This is the reason we showed the amount doubleloons for compensation. However we will rephrase to avoid any further confusion in the future. Thank you all for your feedback.

Sign in to follow this