Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
HMNZS_Warspite

USS Saipan Overpowered

17 comments in this topic

7 posts
6,410 battles

When you see a Saipan on the opposite team you know its an instant loss, because no tier 7 ship can protect itself, come to think of it even the Mighty Mo has a hard time against it. No tier 7 CV stands a chance, why put such an over powered CV into the game. Having played since Closed Beta I find this ship an complete insult. USS Enterprise at tier 8 if placed up against the Saipan at tier 7,  the Enterprise will get ripped to a new one every time.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

Saipan is not much of a problem for surface ships. She just shuts down the other t7 CVs very hard.

She is OP indeed. But if you cannot deal with her using a Missouri, you did some questionable things to screw up your AA.

Comparing her with Enterprise and saying she will get ripped apart indicates that you are just venting and not really talking logically. Because Enterprise is OP at t8 herself. Saipan is OP, but not that OP.

Edited by icy_phoenix

104 posts
9,022 battles
32 minutes ago, HMNZS_Warspite said:

USS Enterprise at tier 8 if placed up against the Saipan at tier 7,  the Enterprise will get ripped to a new one every time.

This is only true if you can't dodge, predict or counter a strafe. 

455 posts
8,038 battles

image.png.a1a858c5255fbe2055fc77edb2a516a6.png

A full AA build Iowa/Mo is a nightmare for any t7 CV, and even t8/t9 CVs will struggle against it until later in a match when HE shelling has removed a lot of its AA. Are you sure you didnt get trolled by the "Press P for stats" routine? :cap_book:

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
1 hour ago, HMNZS_Warspite said:

My MO has a full AA build. Saipan is ether OP or not OP it cant be half way.  

Mo stats.png

Hmm, show us the captain build and ship upgrades please. That 100 means nothing. Even with stock Missouri AA, you should be able to kill most of the torpedo bombers. Saipan only has 3 torpedo bombers per squad. A full AA build requires AFT, MAA and AA range mod at the very least. AA flag, AA dps and BFT are optional on top of it.

Video Contributor
2,264 posts
10,789 battles

When I'm in Kaga and face Saipan 

50-50 win :cap_tea:

Is she OP

yes, in the other hand she should be in very good player who is good controlling FT 

Edited by Onlinegamer

207 posts
8,188 battles

Saipan only OP when facing other T7 CV, because people often call saipan anti strike CV (kaga,ranger,hiryu) buuut, a competent CV player can hold saipan dominating the game....
Iowa/missouri having hard time ??? well thats obviously nonsense, why ??? even without full AA spec, big stick sisters still have strong AA ...

1,340 posts
8,832 battles

Saipan is OP against other T7 ships yes, but if your Missouri is getting wrecked by one then you are doing something wrong imo.

My Missouri has no issue dealing with Saipans, and I am not even running a full AA build. Just AFT, BFT and the AA range ship upgrade.

129 posts
8 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Saipan is not much of a problem for surface ships. She just shuts down the other t7 CVs very hard.

is T5 with AADF exist?

any AA sheep at T6? memeland is moved to T8 now.... la glass high AA still cannt wrekt saipan TB

T7 ship AA?

the biggest problem of saipan is T7 is basically the god of all tier! you get higher tier most of the time + a lot of noob player at T5 and T6!

remember its have T9 PLANE! even T10 memeway only have T8 TB!

OP? YES.... very OP? YES!

the only hope to beat saipan in CV is OUTSKILL BY HUGE MARGIN!

~ if you are same skill as enemy saipan.... you lose

~ if you are better but enemy saipan is decent.... stale.... depend on your AA team

~ if you are better and enemy saipan is noob.... you win

why its so deadly? it can rekt DD easily and bypass cruiser AADF with its stupid fast speed plane

and sinking BB with flooding is so easy!

saipan IS THE LAST OP SHEEP IN GAME that never get reworked!

~ buyfast kutuzov got nerf smoke

~ memeouri get outclassed by new tech BB tree like alsace....

~ bliskawica no invisfiring

~ grap zepplein 3x5 TB bomber removed LOL

WG did make new OP look only premium ship like masasuset, haida or Z-39... but they have serious weakness or other balance gimmick.

why saipan never get nerf?

WG FORGET ABOUT CV! that is.....

and not only WG, the player too.....

the only solution is to make other CV super OP..... bring back grapz 3x5 TB, give hiryu T7 TB, give Kaga T7 fighter, GIVE ENTERPRISE T8 DB,

AAAANDD!! BUFF ALL DB HP by 2x.

according to history, TB should easier to shotdown but DB is very hard due to its angle from above.

in WoWs.... DB get shotdown more easier because stupid AA aura mechanic, more closer to ship... mean more AA

Edited by Balzarknam

Beta Tester
645 posts
3,511 battles

This is the reason why i don't want to play Wows at this moment.

Too many damn AA Cruiser , Defensive Fire Anti Aircraft is a new Meta thing the reason why i stopped boting because of them. I still at the Ranger Stage, and those grinding may make me take a-lot of my time to get Lady Lex Tier VIII.

I've seen so many Saipan post here , EU , NA and RUS forums talking about Saipan OP here and OP there. Its kinda tiring to see those.

But now with so many AA cruisers like US line, I don't think Saipan can dominate anything here and now ( unlike before those US AA Cruisers were exist ) .

Do not forget that Saipan Tier IX super-fast plane can still loses to a Atlanta and Sims ( If sims a AA generalist build ) or Gneisenau AA Generalist build too.

Also as for Saipan and Missouri,

Missouri and Iowa can eventually evaporates every single plane ( Even a plain stock without Anti Aircraft Build upgrades ) , just like other Regular Tier VII Aircraft Carrier. Heck even North Carolina , Massachusetts and Alabama for those whom does Anti Aircraft Generalist build in the hands of Anti Aircraft Battleship player could made Saipan suffer.

Otherwise as Icy said , maybe you messed up the skill on your commander on Missouri, so 100 means nothing tho.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,482 battles
19 hours ago, WeGotBakingSoda said:

FYI, USN DD T5 Nicolas has DFAA.

Um, only if it mounts the C hull. And is willing to lose a gun. Just not worth it. 

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
4 hours ago, j0e90 said:

Um, only if it mounts the C hull. And is willing to lose a gun. Just not worth it. 

There is no C hull for Nicholas. Dfaa is with B, and you need that even though you lose a gun. Because HP, handling and AA.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,482 battles
18 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

There is no C hull for Nicholas. Dfaa is with B, and you need that even though you lose a gun. Because HP, handling and AA.

Quite right. My brain was thinking of Farragut. 

Sign in to follow this