You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Nishthedestroyer

Let's talk T10 destroyers

29 comments in this topic

185 posts
584 battles

Hi guys it me again I hope youll are doing well both in WOWS and In real life. This is not because of my personal grinding but because there is quite alot of controversy around these 2 ships - Yueyang and Grozovoi they are both very new ships and seem to have quite a bit of hype but the Yueyang seems to be at the top. I just wanted to know what's going on and what you guys think. Personally they are both great ships but I feel like the Grozovoi has a chance of being better in this meta than the Yueyang. Again guys just wanna know what you guys think so..... Thanks. Good luck 

[LNA]
1,666 posts
10,474 battles

Without flying ships , Grozovoi is just a faster quicker smaller easier to kill Khabarovsk.

Yue Yang is very situational , if you end up in a match with a ton of radar , good luck cause well , you cant fight dd as well as other DPS gunbote.

I would pick neither for random.

In fishing division it will be another story.

185 posts
584 battles
57 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

Without flying ships , Grozovoi is just a faster quicker smaller easier to kill Khabarovsk.

Yue Yang is very situational , if you end up in a match with a ton of radar , good luck cause well , you cant fight dd as well as other DPS gunbote.

What would you pick for random? Out of any dd

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,870 battles
7 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I'd pick YY.

I'd pick whatever icy pick.

Joke aside , at T10. i think its my most comfortable DD atm.. maybe due to luck. (my ave damage in it quite/very low, but with luck somehow i win but not because of my performance in it)

349 posts
7,092 battles

Radar YY is pretty versatile ship. Decent detection, great torps, radar and its a physically smaller target than gearing.

185 posts
584 battles
2 hours ago, dieselhead said:

Radar YY is pretty versatile ship. Decent detection, great torps, radar and its a physically smaller target than gearing.

Why isnt anyone talking about the Gearing anymore? 

Also why choose radar over smoke? 

I think Z 52 is actually the dd that has the highest potential right? Am I right? 

349 posts
7,092 battles

Gearing is still good but its big, fat, slow and its detection isnt great anymore. Z52 is a good DD but its detection lets it down a bit too. Gearing has suffered from power creep I believe. The other DD's have caught her up :(

185 posts
584 battles
1 minute ago, dieselhead said:

Gearing is still good but its big, fat, slow and its detection isnt great anymore. Z52 is a good DD but its detection lets it down a bit too. Gearing has suffered from power creep I believe. The other DD's have caught her up :(

Yeah I guess you have a very good point. Anyway what I wanted to ask was since both if these ships get blapped by BB AP which one do you think is better in this meta - Grozovoi or Z 52?? 

185 posts
584 battles
1 hour ago, dieselhead said:

I dont think it really matters what DD you are in if you are taking a BB AP salvo. They all generally hurt a lot!!

Yeah but we all know that those two ships get absolutely wrecked and also I want ur personal opinion on Z 52 vs Grozovoi vs Yueyang please thanks 

[ATLAS]
12 posts
11,146 battles

I dont think Z52 is a good dd anymore.  Yes u have hydro, then what ? your hydro is only 5,9km compare to its detection which is 6,1km, u got detected pop hydro pop smoke but enemy dd can 'simply' turn a little (assuming contact from paralel and reverse sailing) and run from your hydro range. 

Different than yueyang that already have a good concealment of 5,8km. by the time u spot him u already balls deep in his 7,5km radar range.

God help me for having an opinion at this time and age. :fish_nerv:

Edited by 0utsider

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles
On 7/25/2018 at 9:16 PM, legionary2099 said:

YY and Groz are the two best T10 DD's, and you wouldn't pick either of them for randoms?

Groz is a superb ship now, it has the range Khaba doesn't, it has usable torps, it has decent concealment, good speed, and most of all the best RU DD guns in the game.  Given the meta it's probably the best T10 DD right now.

YY is a close second, the meta has moved on it a little, but saying it is situational is hilarious.  YY is good in any situation, it's close range dpm is highly effective against other DD's and it has possibly the best torps in the game, especially against cruisers.  It's also a lot smaller than the Gearing (which needs a new model), so it takes less BB AP pens, and less damage overall.  Despite the current love for radar, smoke is better for randoms, the PA DD smoke is a huge strength.  Radar is better in CB's, and at the higher tiers of ranked.

Z-52 has been countered hard by the current meta combined with it's vulnerability to BB AP.  It used to be the best T10 DD for the six months or so after it was introduced, but it's quite average now.

185 posts
584 battles
3 hours ago, Moggytwo said:

YY and Groz are the two best T10 DD's, and you wouldn't pick either of them for randoms?

Groz is a superb ship now, it has the range Khaba doesn't, it has usable torps, it has decent concealment, good speed, and most of all the best RU DD guns in the game.  Given the meta it's probably the best T10 DD right now.

YY is a close second, the meta has moved on it a little, but saying it is situational is hilarious.  YY is good in any situation, it's close range dpm is highly effective against other DD's and it has possibly the best torps in the game, especially against cruisers.  It's also a lot smaller than the Gearing (which needs a new model), so it takes less BB AP pens, and less damage overall.  Despite the current love for radar, smoke is better for randoms, the PA DD smoke is a huge strength.  Radar is better in CB's, and at the higher tiers of ranked.

Z-52 has been countered hard by the current meta combined with it's vulnerability to BB AP.  It used to be the best T10 DD for the six months or so after it was introduced, but it's quite average now.

But flamu said that the Z 52 is a really powerful carry dd

112 posts
2,960 battles

Oh yesssss the Z52 is vulnerable to BB AP....... I don't have any other TX so cannot comment on the relative strength to the other DDs. 

After loving the Z46 (61% WR and felt really confident in it), losing the first 7 straight in the Z52 made me wonder why the hell I bought it.

The increase in detection range seemed enormous and it just felt totally awkward. I was getting jumped by enemy DDs left right and centre. 

I initially followed Flamu capt build for max torp but have since reset my capt skills (18 skill) to try RPF and it feels much more confident. Its not much point having super fast torp spam if you are not alive to use it - I'm not skillful enough to interpret the situation with a hyper DPM build. 

I've toned down the aggression to cap and it seems to be working a lot better (won 8 of the last 11 - still very early days).

185 posts
584 battles
On 27/07/2018 at 5:30 AM, Moggytwo said:

I think your right about the Grozovoi

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles
On 7/27/2018 at 1:21 PM, Nishthedestroyer said:

But flamu said that the Z 52 is a really powerful carry dd

It's still good, but much weaker than it was a few months ago.  It's main advantages of short range but low reload torps and aggressive hydro play are both directly countered by radar more than any other T10 DD (with the exception of a Gearing with Fletcher torps).  This means that the rapid change in the radar meta over the last few months has reduced its carry potential.

349 posts
7,092 battles

Radar meta has reduced all DD's carry potential. Personally I think Gearing could do with a minor speed buff just to help it be a bit more competitive. Z52 is probably ok with it's hydro ability and if you buff its concealment you run the risk of it being OP. Its a fine line to walk.

185 posts
584 battles

On 27/07/2018 at 5:30 AM, Moggytwo said:

I just watched flamus vid on the Daring and it looks like a dd that will beat both the Yueyang and the Grozovoi

But u know I think the Z 52 is still the strongest when played well right? 

Edited by Nishthedestroyer

492 posts
7,661 battles
1 hour ago, Nishthedestroyer said:

Guys I am a but confused on what is going on because according to Flambass the Grozovoi has access to Smoke, Def AA, Spood Beast and HEAL? 

CAN SOMEONE PLS EXPLAIN? 

Previous patch 0.7.6 Groz got a heal. Was in the patch notes...…….. :cap_book:

https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/common/update-076-night-battle/#balance

Also Groz firing range has been increased from 10,970 to 12,300 m and the Engine Boost  spood beast consumable has been moved to its own slot.

The number of charges for the Defensive AA Fire remains unchanged but the number of charges for the Smoke Generator and Engine Boost consumables has been reduced from 2 to 1 (from 3 to 2 for the Premium consumable). Superintendent captain skill will of course get you 1 extra charge.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Grozovoi