Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeltaMikeBravo

RNG BS

8 comments in this topic

14 posts
5,022 battles

I've been playing WOWS for six months and am finding that the RNG on aiming is just getting worse. Tonight in my Scharnhorst I fired nine (9) rounds at an Omaha some 4.8 Km's away. Eight shots bracketed the enemy ship and one bounced! I've especially noticed that KMS (German) ships have had an RNG deterioration over the last two months or so, but this was the final straw. I've also noticed that when you try for a 'prize' for achieving 2,000 or 12,500 or more points that the fourth option offering an "increased chance" of winning something decent is total BS. Over the last seventy-plus (70+) attempts, I've not had one major prize whereas before June this year the ratio was about 1:8. As an Accountant with a major in Mathematics (Statistics), I can only conclude that WOWS have either 'fiddled' with RNG in both cases to reduce targetting success and/or minimize prizes. It would be nice if WOWS published the RNG coefficients applicable to each nation's ships!

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles

Yeah man, German ships have always been like that. If you expect main guns to do jack you are in the wrong line.

That's why I was so frustrated when I got Bismarck at first, then I realized, if you throw enough mud at the walls, some of them always sticks. Keep shooting, things will start to happen. You don't have control over RNG, so just keep hoping.

112 posts
2,960 battles

KM dispersion is the Super Container of the gunnery world.

Mostly miss the broadside cruiser 9km away with 3 salvos from the Tirpitz with postal code grouping, then hit the wildly manoeuvring DD 7km away with 3 out of 4 shells.....

203 posts
11,795 battles

I got another conspiracy regards to dispersion though.

Desync, I'm fairly sure its a thing and what's bad about this is that the player won't ever get inform about it until he make a shot.
The game "thinks" the player haven't lock on to the target, heck sometimes I even saw one of the turret just fire nowhere close to where the rest of the turrets aim.
It doesn't stop there, the game engine also can't handle any input that is "fast" meaning at very close range of engagement (where everything happen fast), you can get derpy moment likes

• Torpedo tube on client side is "ready" (showing green) and pressing LMB doesn't result in anything.
  • Guns won't fire eventhough the aiming reticle is "ready" (green).
  • One of the turret just shot nowhere into the air result in hilarious rainbow. (Quite rare now but still possible to happen)

Of course this applies to every warship class in the game, destroyers, battleships, cruisers.
It is possible this is the main reason experienced players tries to avoid brawling if they can help it.
The way to get around it is to do everything manually, locking, aiming where you wanted to shoot at close range before the drive by happens,

With "Try your luck" box, you're out of luck here since its pure RNG. I will say you're better off taking other box instead if you're running low on something since you will gain more from it.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,855 posts
4,140 battles

Im shocked that there is a thread about KMBB's having poor dispersion.

Seriously though.  Just accept that brawling is life and spec the ships for secondaries.  It has a respectable 8km range.

tell me more.gif

330 posts
4,094 battles

I don't know how to say this. But i think dispersion in the game have the same mechanics as in real life. When i'm lock on target and delay the firing. I could get some good RNG dispersion. In my theory, A range finder in a turret should have some times to calculate the dispersion to target. But of course if you are aiming a ship with camo, your dispersion will be worse. (I don't know if my opinion have some relation with the history of artillery.)

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,005 battles
4 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

I don't know how to say this. But i think...

I have found an answer while digging YouTube comments:

"German dispersion is like pee after a good sex".

Hope I didn't break any rule here :v.

Beta Tester
911 posts
On 7/25/2018 at 2:53 PM, MikuChrome said:

I got another conspiracy regards to dispersion though.

Desync, I'm fairly sure its a thing and what's bad about this is that the player won't ever get inform about it until he make a shot.
The game "thinks" the player haven't lock on to the target, heck sometimes I even saw one of the turret just fire nowhere close to where the rest of the turrets aim.
It doesn't stop there, the game engine also can't handle any input that is "fast" meaning at very close range of engagement (where everything happen fast), you can get derpy moment likes

• Torpedo tube on client side is "ready" (showing green) and pressing LMB doesn't result in anything.
  • Guns won't fire eventhough the aiming reticle is "ready" (green).
  • One of the turret just shot nowhere into the air result in hilarious rainbow. (Quite rare now but still possible to happen)

Of course this applies to every warship class in the game, destroyers, battleships, cruisers.
It is possible this is the main reason experienced players tries to avoid brawling if they can help it.
The way to get around it is to do everything manually, locking, aiming where you wanted to shoot at close range before the drive by happens,

With "Try your luck" box, you're out of luck here since its pure RNG. I will say you're better off taking other box instead if you're running low on something since you will gain more from it.

+1

Manually relocking often pressing X twice. 

Sign in to follow this