Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
silenthunter19944

Best NC build ?

10 comments in this topic

1,196 posts
2,883 battles

Hi all, just wondering what's the best NC build for SEA. I used to have a full AA build but with the death of CVs in SEA I decided to respec my beloved NC captain. (rip fly swatter, you will be missed). So hit me up with good all rounders/ survivability build lads!

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

19 point build, in the order I got em.

PT

AR

SI

CE

AFT

MAA

PM

Just make sure not to get focus fired by HE.

Alternatively, if you think MAA isn't really needed, take FP instead. Depends on whether you meet t9+ CVs during the hours you play.

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

You could go standard BBerserker build:

PM or PT

AR + EM

BoS + SI

FP + CE

I usually run PM, as I find PT to be redundant if you know your stuff.

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
4 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

I usually run PM, as I find PT to be redundant if you know your stuff.

PM is irrelevant for your build, since you are not making an AA build, there is no point in investing a point to protect those little guns (or increase the chance for them to not get destroyed, won't matter though, if 203 mm or higher caliber HE shells land on you, they instantly take out the guns). Also, I think I know my stuff, and I find any information useful, hence PT.

Since you are going for survival focused build, id recommend double spotter for extended scouting of surrounding areas. However, I believe in fortifying strengths, for NC's case, its AA. Her deck armor is too poor to sustain prolonged HE pounding.

(Just my opinion though).

Edited by icy_phoenix

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles
5 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

PM is irrelevant for your build, since you are not making an AA build, there is no point in investing a point to protect those little guns (or increase the chance for them to not get destroyed, won't matter though, if 203 mm or higher caliber HE shells land on you, they instantly take out the guns). Also, I think I know my stuff, and I find any information useful, hence PT.

Since you are going for survival focused build, id recommend double spotter for extended scouting of surrounding areas. However, I believe in fortifying strengths, for NC's case, its AA. Her deck armor is too poor to sustain prolonged HE pounding.

(Just my opinion though).

Yeah fair enough...

Wouldn't the 30% still apply though - reason I run it is I hate losing turrets in BBs...

Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles
2 hours ago, S4pp3R said:

Yeah fair enough...

Wouldn't the 30% still apply though - reason I run it is I hate losing turrets in BBs...

Good point, also the mod on slot one helps the main guns.

Id like to mention here though, BB turret faces are super strong, but the turret side and rear armor are pretty weak. If you are careful and not let others shoot in those places, the turrets on BBs usually do not get incapacited.

Although the description of PM is kinda misleading, but I think I was wrong in my previous post, they probably do not work for small mounts, since they always get destroyed anyway. Not sure though.

[151ST]
1,012 posts
4,505 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Good point, also the mod on slot one helps the main guns.

Id like to mention here though, BB turret faces are super strong, but the turret side and rear armor are pretty weak. If you are careful and not let others shoot in those places, the turrets on BBs usually do not get incapacited.

Although the description of PM is kinda misleading, but I think I was wrong in my previous post, they probably do not work for small mounts, since they always get destroyed anyway. Not sure though.

Yeah and I run that mod on most of my ships.

I almost never lose turrets on my BBs, even when they are targeted...

*Shrugs* it works for me, I understand the argument for PT, I see that information as fallible however, as I often play with 'x' to mess with folks PT.

Not to mention I can predict torps and the like most of the time.

Edited by S4pp3R

Sign in to follow this