You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeadArashi

Consumable Resupply

19 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
68 posts
707 battles

Something that I've never really bothered to look at till now is the cost of resupplying consumables. Normally I just let it run on auto-resupply because I had enough from crates but I've since ran out of my stock and started having to pay for the consumables. Nothing wrong with that... except when I have to pay to resupply consumables even if I don't use them. For premium consumables that's 44.5k. Why should I have to pay to resupply consumables when there's nothing to resupply?

And even then, if I start with 7 spotter planes but only use 3 of them, it should only charge to resupply 3, I've still got 4 perfectly usable planes available to me, I dont need 7 of them when I can only carry another 3.

I might be over analysing the situation but this feels like its should be a rather logical thing

bKberKc.jpg5yFHObK.jpgaHdFMZv.jpg

As you can see from the three images above, I'm running all premium consumables, and there's none in-stock so it should cost me the credits if I use them, but if I don't it shouldn't resupply and cost me nothing.

kc2B5XR.jpgZp0MOkK.jpg

Here you can see how many consumables I had at the start of the match compared to how many I had at the end. I hadn't used any when I died. So it shouldn't cost me anything to resupply because there's nothing to resupply

JKXQKLE.png

But when we look at the after game report it says that I've been charged the full resupply cost of all the consumables

Edited by DeadArashi

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles

What you wrote made no sense. If you already have them, you do not pay for resupply. It even indicates that fact with a small triangle icon on the resupply bar.

It's very easy to test. Pick any ship. Select premium consumables. If you need to buy it, a pop up will be shown, if you already have them, they will be simply changed to premium from regular.

Care to show us some screenshots or anything else that explains your situation better?

Beta Tester
68 posts
707 battles

Simply put; I played a game in the Yamato, didn't use any of my spotter aircraft or repair parties. Yet at the end of the game I still had to pay for them to be resupplied.

I'll try to get some screenshots of my consumables just before I die/game ends and then the after match servicing cost

Beta Tester
68 posts
707 battles

@icy_phoenix added images to support my case in the OP. Even if I survive the match without using the consumables I still get charged to resupply them

114 posts
3,889 battles

I think what you are trying to say is that you never used consumables in the battle itself, but is still paying for it.

How the game works is that you pay to equip the consumables before entering a battle, and you get to use those until the charge limit throughout the battle, and at the end its auto resupplied

Essentially, those 3 charges are PREPAID 

Beta Tester
68 posts
707 battles

but i still need to pay again to resupply them even if I don't use any of the charges? That's so fucken stupid it's not funny, not even WoT makes you do that. You pay for it once and don't pay for it again until you use it in a battle, simple. Going by what you just said, @Exiaa, it should be the same here. It's pre-paid, you buy it before the match, if you use it in the match you should pay for it again.

What I'm saying is that; I paid for it before the match -> I don't use it in the match -> I have to pay for it a second time after the match despite not using it

If I dont use it in the match, I shouldn't have to pay for it a second time. Why? Because I didn't use what I had pre-paid to use

If I pre-pay to get 2 premium consumables on my ship, that's 44.5k credits

If I don't use those 2 consumables for 4 games I still get charged 44.5k each game to resupply them, a total of 222.5k credits for 2 consumables that I never even used

Edited by DeadArashi

218 posts
11,547 battles

Yeah, i never really liked that consumable charges are purged regardless of usage after battle aspect but i guess that's how they've setup the economy. Since the value isn't so huge people didn't riot over it.

114 posts
3,889 battles

you miss my point

what i mean is you buy and mount the consumables when you change them from the free ones

then you get a number of charges to use in one battle

and then it expires at the end of the battle

if you have auto resupply on, it will resupply at the end of the battle for the next battle

so you dont have to do everything again

simple as that

Beta Tester
68 posts
707 battles

I know what auto-resupply is, I've played WoT for 5 years.

You miss my point that, once you pay for it, you shouldn't pay for it again until you use it

Am I speaking a different language? I don't know how many times you want me to repeat myself.

In World of Tanks, if you purchase a premium med kit, repair kit or fire extinguisher you just pay for it ONCE until you use it. This means that you spend 60k credits for 3 premium equipment that you keep on your vehicle for as many games as you want. You can play 300 games without using the premium consumables... and you know how much it would cost you? 60k! You don't buy what you already have

If I go 300 games in WoWs without using the 3 premium consumables on my ship, do you know how much that would cost? 20.25 MILLION credits for an item that I don't use

I should not have to pay for that which I already have. If I use one of the charges in a game, then yes it should be paid to resupply... BUT I'M NOT USING ANYTHING!

It shouldn't "expire at the end of a battle"

simple as that

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
1 hour ago, DeadArashi said:

@icy_phoenix added images to support my case in the OP. Even if I survive the match without using the consumables I still get charged to resupply them

Oh now I see what you meant. So you were talking about unused consumables in battle. Welp, this is how the game is, same for everyone. You bring a consumable in battle, it is considered as used. Here, being used mean taking it into the battle, whether you use up a charge or not. I guess you just have to get along with this. That's why you should not try to save the charges, just use them as appropriate. Same as signals, taking them into battle is already consumed, for example detonation signal. You never know whether it actually prevented a detonation, but it is consumed anyway.

Edited by icy_phoenix

114 posts
3,889 battles
13 minutes ago, DeadArashi said:

It shouldn't "expire at the end of a battle"

Ah well, you shouldnt be putting this out here, maybe try sending an email to WG instead and enjoy getting ignored by them :) 

Edited by Exiaa

234 posts
13,982 battles

Because someone asked nicely to save their brain cells, time to derail the topic.

How come I know people on discord who belong to unicum clans and I recognize other people from these same clans that post on the forums...

164 posts
5,435 battles

Because that's not how it works, simple at that. If you don't use it, then switch to the normal one. 

Move on, maybe a topic about Premium Time? Because it's still running out when you don't play. :cap_tea:

Beta Tester
68 posts
707 battles
35 minutes ago, ColonelRVH said:

Move on, maybe a topic about Premium Time? Because it's still running out when you don't play. :cap_tea:

*insert generic remark about premium time should be number of matches instead of number of days*

Super Tester
7,548 posts
7,993 battles
51 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Because someone asked nicely to save their brain cells, time to derail the topic.

How come I know people on discord who belong to unicum clans and I recognize other people from these same clans that post on the forums...

What does that even mean? And what does that have to do anything in this thread??

[UNRYU]
26 posts
4,322 battles

In my opinion, the price of using the premium consumables is to reduce the cool-down time of said consumables (at least to me). The extra charge is just a bonus. Just think of it as maintenance cost? :cap_like:

1,011 posts
7,471 battles
On 7/19/2018 at 2:17 PM, DeadArashi said:

Why should I have to pay to resupply consumables when there's nothing to resupply?

You pay for equipping premium consumables (and flags/camos) and those expire after one battle. Thus 'consumables'.

I guess your grief is that even if you don't use them, they still expire. Fair enough, I can see your point. Can understand why WG do it this way, too. They make you pay for the slight advantage that comes with premium consumables/flags/camos.