Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
mr_glitchy_R

Yamato problem

26 comments in this topic

309 posts
4,060 battles

Although it has the biggest guns in the game, this mighty hippo is easily citadeled. No seriously, 340mm can barely citadel this thing with no problem. I thought that 410 mm supposed to shatter most battleship shells. I really hope a big buff on turret traverse and maneuverability so that it can compete with Republique who has the most advanced  artillery system. Because this thing requires a tricky positioning to handle it. I mean yes you can do a long range sniping but aiming a ship from 26 km is so hard since most BB in this tier is pretty fast. Let's take a look at GK or Republique once again. How did those fantasy warriors has better speed whilst they also has thick armor and looks like fortress? Yes i should learn the ships playstyle and not the ship that learn my playstyle but most paper ships are ships for stupid people while some historical ships are stupid ships for people and it can't be like that. i'll wait your simple insulting comments

114 posts
3,889 battles

Try fighting a repub thats angled enough to use all her guns with your yammy in bow on position

then try fighting a bow on yammy with a repub witht the same angle

1,340 posts
8,848 battles

Your sides are your biggest weakness because of your raised citadel - don't show em!

No need to snipe from 26km in a Yamato, just make sure the enemy can't get your sides.

245 posts
5,809 battles

Find a corridor where ships cannot attack from the sides and bow tank, only ships which can overmatch your bow are other Yamato’s and Musashi. Do not angle as your citadel can be hit though the “cheeks” of your bow at about a 30 degree angle. Though you can use this knowledge to tackle other Yamato’s.

Only threats to bow tanking Yamato’s are torpedos, planes, and HE spam (and other Yamato’s).

309 posts
4,060 battles
On 7/19/2018 at 7:52 AM, Grygus_Triss said:

Do not angle as your citadel can be hit though the “cheeks” of your bow at about a 30 degree angle. Though you can use this knowledge to tackle other Yamato’s.

So how do i deal with other yamato or musashi exactly? i can't even angle against them. Kiting away with reversing or turning around also very dangerous.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
15 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

So how do i deal with other yamato or musashi exactly? i can't even angle against them. Kiting away with reversing or turning around also very dangerous.

The smartest way is really simple, don't put yourself in such a position.

Edited by icy_phoenix

309 posts
4,060 battles
4 minutes ago, icy_phoenix said:

The smartest way is really simple, don't put yourself in such a position.

So what? camping behind island. Or maybe set the speed to 1/4? to plan ahead cuz some pros said that idiot people always charge forward.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:26 PM, Thyaliad said:

Your sides are your biggest weakness because of your raised citadel - don't show em!

I still remember watching Notser's video several months ago when he was reviewing Roma. When he was faced a yamato, she (yamato) was angled and Notser managed to citadel it. i don't know how is that possible but i think the shells hit the deck. if so then i'm aware of one of those AP bombers. But if not then it must be up to RNG.

On 7/18/2018 at 11:06 PM, Exiaa said:

then try fighting a bow on yammy with a repub witht the same angle

Well you can't but i just don't understand how repub's artillery parameter goes 100.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles
14 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

So what? camping behind island. Or maybe set the speed to 1/4? to plan ahead cuz some pros said that idiot people always charge forward.

Seems to work for successful Yamato drivers.

245 posts
5,809 battles
2 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

First, keep your distance from one. This will be easy if you are both following standard Yamato strategy.

Second, never engage alone, attack with cruiser and/or DD support, this means waiting until it is within the range of your teams cruisers, and asking them to open fire on it, while you provide supporting fire to make him concentrate on you, away from the cruisers.

A Yamato won’t last long against sustained cruiser fire, and if he runs, shoot his sides.

Now, if you DO find yourself at close range 1v1 with a fellow Yamato, (and you should avoid doing so to start with) don’t run, it’s too late, one of you will die(reversing optional, but you are only delaying the inevitable). Bow tank her head on, do not show a tiny bit of your side, and keep firing directly at her bow until you or her die. If she try’s to turn to run or bring her rear turret around, PUNISH HER! Aim at the cheeks and citadel her. If she has a lot more health than you and you have no ally support, gun the throttle and ram her. Alternatively, you can try to get in close and pass her (she will be unable to depress her guns enough to hit your citadel), come around behind, having already brought your guns to bear, and hit her in the rear.

But otherwise, try to avoid getting in close, it’s risky, and always be aware of where the other enemy ships are.

309 posts
4,060 battles
3 hours ago, LordTyphoon said:

Dont play yamato. Then you won't play the yamato badly. 

Trust me, this will work

Image result for of course meme

Beta Tester
908 posts

Get the legendary mod and lolpen x2 everything while angled bow tanking deflecting all shells. 

Lol lol lol all the way to victory. 

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles
On 7/21/2018 at 11:59 AM, mr_glitchy_R said:

camping behind island. Or maybe set the speed to 1/4? to plan ahead cuz some pros said that idiot people always charge forward.

I didn't tell you to camp behind islands. You have to judge the situation at hand in battles yourself. I doubt anyone can describe those in texts.

One thing for sure, if you try to move too much, you will not do very well. Unlike a Montana or a Republique, where you have to keep on the move to do well.

203 posts
11,788 battles

Ahhh another player get to know the truth about legendary ship doesn't do anything legendary for the game.
Welcome to the tier 10.

Overrated big guns for lolpenning other battleships, in reality the power is just overmatching 32mm of armor plating.
If I have to tell you a harsh truth most of the new "fantasy warriors" actually comes from the majority playerbase, they wanted something new, something good "to the table"
To nobody's surprise those new "fantasy warriors" powercreep the already existing one but hey atleast Yamato still can overmatch that 32mm plating .... yeah right !!!

Yamato is weird, it has all the possible game mechanic's short coming in one.

• The big guns, 460mm to be exact.
    • Can overmatch 32mm of armor plating but a lot of ships also has armor plating that exceed this.
    • Require at the very least 77mm of armor plating to arm the fuse meaning you get more overpens when you take a shot at something having lightly armored.
    • Extremely high penetration power also result in higher chance to overpens at close range.
    • Extremely slow turret traverse, some say it is to balance the power but what power does the yamato has other than overmatching 32mm plating ? answer is ... nothing.
  • Maneuverability, comparable to the dreadnought era US Battleships so you can guess how terrible it is having to use that kind of maneuverability at tier 10.
  • Armor protection.
    • All or nothing layout terrible armor for a Battleship somehow Montana with the same layout has a better protection than this.
    • To top that off you got that infamous octagon shape citadel for no good reason while ALL other ship has no such weakness, history, intentional, whatever it is, it is stupid.

The solution for this is to try to hit the enemy while they're presenting the smallest target to the yamato (bow in or stern in) complete opposite of what players used to with the AP mechanic.
But since there are some ships having the bow that happens to be covered with more than 32mm of armor plating that will result in autobounces.
Hitting the enemy at longer range is also an option since the further the range the lower penetration value dropped so it doesn't overpen the target.
The player can still go for the broadside shot hope to get that precise shot into the citadel and hope it doesn't overpen, hope is the keyword here.

So much work has to be done like having to land these limited numbers of shells to the precise hitboxes at precise angle at precise range.

Yamato players probably roll with the waifu power or just plain bias towards the ship with personal reason but overall there's always a better choice than a floating hotel.

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
10 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I didn't tell you to camp behind islands. You have to judge the situation at hand in battles yourself. I doubt anyone can describe those in texts.

One thing for sure, if you try to move too much, you will not do very well. Unlike a Montana or a Republique, where you have to keep on the move to do well.

IF wows is a subject in school and a compulsory to pass with good colors.. I would pay Icy to be my mentor/teacher/guide. I am glad its just a game. (hate to pay Icy expensive fee)

Edited by RimauLaut
wrong symbol

25 posts
4,904 battles
2 hours ago, MikuChrome said:

Yamato players probably roll with the waifu power or just plain bias towards the ship with personal reason but overall there's always a better choice than a floating hotel.

The one and only reason I took it out for a sail each and every day is for the glorious 460 GUN SOUND.

Other than landing 2x citadels on another Yamato through the bow (thanks RNG) and being called a Hacker Yamayo. 

That's about it.  :cap_cool:

233 posts
13,963 battles

Summary: The entire IJN line of ships have been shafted. CVs are currently the exception but only just because there are two cv lines.

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Yamato is still very powerful, infact, one of the strongest battleships in the game. Sure she does have many enemies, as long as you do not over extend, you should do very well.

Just don't let another Yamato come too close, especially when the player knows how stuff works in the game.

These two salvos we're the last thing that Yamato saw before getting devastated, through the cheek...

shot-18_07.19_02_28.38-0923.thumb.jpg.3d9014af51af05e1b1bfbdb0e0b39964.jpg

Protect your sides, protect your cheeks, always keep enemy at one side, and do not drive broadside when you know there are DDs around. You cannot go wrong with Yamato against anything. She is that easy to play.

Beta Tester
908 posts
6 hours ago, BLOODSHOTNIPPLES said:

The one and only reason I took it out for a sail each and every day is for the glorious 460 GUN SOUND.

Other than landing 2x citadels on another Yamato through the bow (thanks RNG) and being called a Hacker Yamayo. 

That's about it.  :cap_cool:

Lol ? i got called a cheater and hacker in my wooster when a freddy overpenned me x 4 at 5km.

The player base will blame everything except RNGesus or themselves. 

Go figure.. 

112 posts
2,960 battles

Well I was very happy last night to have a Yam obliterate a full health Worcester who had just lit me. I didn't get to finish the sentence "Get the Worc......."

I hit whatever limit there is to complimenting someone. 

104 posts
9,031 battles

Yamato is a simple ship to play. 

You angle in, you lock down a zone, you get 150k per game at least, if the enemies don't die off too quickly. 

The best way to not get citadeled to death is to not put yourself in a position for that to happen, or just to not present your citadel as a target. 

[WOWMY]
347 posts
16,863 battles
7 hours ago, Puggsley said:

Well I was very happy last night to have a Yam obliterate a full health Worcester who had just lit me. I didn't get to finish the sentence "Get the Worc......."

I hit whatever limit there is to complimenting someone. 

Limit is 1 right?

Sign in to follow this