You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
raidm

What Am i Doing Wrong ? IOWA IX

10 comments in this topic

[TASMN]
3 posts
3,839 battles

what am i doing wrong ?   I'll highlight the problem ...........  damage done... the credits...  and bottom ranking  ? 

and i was instrumental in the win.... calling targets, and hitting those targets myself.... 

fuku1.thumb.jpg.653a20f04aac5092473b631636b3de0c.jpg

fuku2.jpg

fuku3.jpg

fuku4.jpg

[LNA]
1,667 posts
10,498 battles
2 minutes ago, raidm said:

what am i doing wrong ?   I'll highlight the problem ...........  damage done... the credits...  and bottom ranking  ? 

and i was instrumental in the win.... calling targets, and hitting those targets myself.... 

fuku1.thumb.jpg.653a20f04aac5092473b631636b3de0c.jpg

fuku2.jpg

fuku3.jpg

fuku4.jpg

You are feasting on BB which is whats wrong. 40-80k damage on cruisers and dds are much more worth than on BB.

Im not saying not to shoot BB, but try to prioritize smaller ships, they are more important.

Reward is based on %hp portion, not number so your damage done is quite small compare to the health percentage of such ships.

Super Tester
7,583 posts
8,005 battles

It just means others did more than you. XP rewards are calculated from what type of damage you dealt too.

You only dealt some damage to tx BBs with large health pool. Your position in rank is quite obvious.

[MEGA]
4,574 posts
17,570 battles

the damage you did was practically useless, wasting all that time shooting at BBs that easily heals back, you'd get higher XP by dealing 40k dmg to a CAs or DDs

[TASMN]
3 posts
3,839 battles

cool.... omg omg   good info so far... 2 very good replies.....     tyty :)

[TASMN]
3 posts
3,839 battles

cool   good replies... i didn't know about alot of this stuff....   the stats didn't add up ....   good tips and info.... 

112 posts
2,960 battles

From what I have observed the general targeting priority is this. (Are these reasonable guys?)

1. Any ship you can kill because they are low health - taking guns out of the game is most important thing to do (Lanchesters Law)
  2. DD - taking out/suppressing eyes plus most mobile cappers & torp damage gives your team a huge advantage. Gives your DDs free reign, reduces risk of losing from being capped out and takes away a major threat to your big ships
  3. Radar CL/CA - because radar..... (this might even be number 2 but there are only a limited number of radar uses per game)
  4. CV - eyes and huge offensive capacity - but don't go hunting for them specifically
  5. CL/A - generally easier to kill and more stealthy/mobile 
  6. BB - rely heavily on support and are very easy to kill when you gang up on them. 

259 posts
5,829 battles
1 hour ago, Puggsley said:

From what I have observed the general targeting priority is this. (Are these reasonable guys?)

1. Any ship you can kill because they are low health - taking guns out of the game is most important thing to do (Lanchesters Law)
  2. DD - taking out/suppressing eyes plus most mobile cappers & torp damage gives your team a huge advantage. Gives your DDs free reign, reduces risk of losing from being capped out and takes away a major threat to your big ships
  3. Radar CL/CA - because radar..... (this might even be number 2 but there are only a limited number of radar uses per game)
  4. CV - eyes and huge offensive capacity - but don't go hunting for them specifically
  5. CL/A - generally easier to kill and more stealthy/mobile 
  6. BB - rely heavily on support and are very easy to kill when you gang up on them. 

This is good. Provided you have positioned correctly, you can go for whatever ships are in your range in this order.

But feel free to take a shot at any broadsiding ship you think you can citadel.

29 posts
8,453 battles

In addition to the above comments it could also be a case of all played well.  You don't see an XP score of 1120 being bottom very often.  Looks like the other team got spanked.