Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
30cmtruedamage

how to kongo

16 comments in this topic

165 posts
3,658 battles

halo

So yeah just started grinding ijn bb line . Currently at tier 5 kongo . Please give me advice on citadel hits . Like where to aim and all . I do get citadel hits on cruisers but I kjust wanna know how it works . What is good range ? <15 km ?

Many thanks

112 posts
2,960 battles

Use the armour models for each ship when you are in port or looking at the tech tree. Shows you exactly where citadels are and what armour you need to get through.

425 posts

In general, aim low, waterline, in the middle.  I hope you know about lead time, as this will help. 

Kongo, best hit (shells touching target) 13-15 km.  10 -15 km will get you best hard hitting hits.  

Don't forget to do the cruiser dance as you have thin armor for a bb.  

This should help.

Have fun.

165 posts
3,658 battles
28 minutes ago, BunnyDragon said:

Kongo, best hit (shells touching target) 13-15 km.  10 -15 km will get you best hard hitting hits.  

so this range is gonna be same for all tier IJN bb or its just for kongo ?

many thanks btw

325 posts
4,679 battles

Kondo cits are got the same way as with any other boat really: cue up the AP, wait for the flat broadside, aim for the waterline, and let'r rip.

Working out the odds for more oddball angles, via overmatch mechanics, deck armor penetrations and so forth, requires detailed knowledge of gun ballistics and ship-specific armor schemes. Personally I just shoot and let RNG do it's thing.

Key to Kongo success isn't gunnery anyway, it's all about speed with this ship.

165 posts
3,658 battles
14 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

d knowledge of gun ballistics and ship-specific armor schemes.

where can I learn moar about this .

15 minutes ago, Rina_Pon said:

Personally I just shoot and let RNG do it's thing.

kek what is RNG

thank you

425 posts
3 hours ago, 30cmtruedamage said:

so this range is gonna be same for all tier IJN bb or its just for kongo ?

many thanks btw

For IJN, range for best chance of shell touching target (includes bounces and shatters as well as overpens and pens and cits) starts about 1 km below stock concealment range.  For pens and cit hits, move that range down 3-5 km from edge of stock concealment. 

It's a good rule of thumb for IJN. 

1 hour ago, 30cmtruedamage said:

where can I learn moar about this .

kek what is RNG

thank you

Look up I Chase Gaming (youtube) and his captain academies videos. 

They are long, but explain in great detail about what the heck goes on behind the scenes.  

[KONGO]
10 posts
6,316 battles

Hey!

Kongo is a wonderful T5 BB when used right! Her main gun range can make a tier 7 or 8 blush but her accuracy at those range are not that great though you can occasionally get some devastating strike on it.  Kongo excels in mid range combat and if you're good, even close range! I usually lead attacks and be around 10km - 15km away from enemies, if I see an opportunity to push, engagement will be close as 5km. Use her manuverability and speed to your advantage, she can get in and out of situations easily. 

When engaging other battleships, come in at an angle, Kongo's broadside isn't as thick as the others (for speed of course!).  Your speed will be at an advantage when engaging another Battleship, you either can get close and circle them or get out of their range (while wiggling).

165 posts
3,658 battles
5 hours ago, Kongo_Kai_Ni said:

Kongo is a wonderful T5 BB when used right! Her main gun range can make a tier 7 or 8 blush but her accuracy at those range are not that great though you can occasionally get some devastating strike on it.  Kongo excels in mid range combat and if you're good, even close range! I usually lead attacks and be around 10km - 15km away from enemies, if I see an opportunity to push, engagement will be close as 5km. Use her manuverability and speed to your advantage, she can get in and out of situations easily. 

I understood this . I played 22 battles and have  80% victory xD Max damage was 100k plus with 4 kills UwU

[KONGO]
10 posts
6,316 battles
4 hours ago, 30cmtruedamage said:

I understood this . I played 22 battles and have  80% victory xD Max damage was 100k plus with 4 kills UwU

Nice work! :D 

Sign in to follow this