You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeadArashi

Alternate IJN Battleship line V2 (thread moved)

29 comments in this topic

[MOIST]
Beta Tester
68 posts
773 battles

You do recall correctly, in 1945 they were converted to hybrid carriers. Because it's such a novelty ship it would probably be better as a premium ship. WG could come up with some interesting mechanics and unique consumables/modules for it

• 4 × twin 35.6 cm guns
  • 8 × twin 12.7 cm dual-purpose guns
  • 31 × triple, 11 × single 2.5 cm AA guns
  • 6 × 30-round AA rocket launchers

Ise_class_battleship_drawing.png

[MRI]
1,858 posts
10,798 battles

Hopefully with the upcoming CV rework hybrid carriers might be a possibility.

386 posts
5,026 battles

Fusō belongs at 6 and Ise brings no gameplay advantages, bar giving Ise artificial buffs or Fusō artificial nerfs. I don't agree with either. They have the same guns, same protection thicknesses, similar speed and similar AA.

As I said, the more suitable T5 is A-50. Fusō can stay where she is, and Ise, possibly with a aircraft option, would be a more logical Premium Choice for Wargaming, albeit after the carrier trainwreck is cleared (up there with Tone). I believe Myogi could be the opening to the battlecruiser tree. Will find a suitable tier 4 battleship, probably looking for a 8 gun 14" or 10/12 gun 12" proposal. I'm sure one exists. Will get back to you when I have one.

I'll have to check the Hiraga archives for more suitable low tier options. Kawachi at tier 3 can branch to the Myogi to start the battlecruiser line, followed by the current Kongo and maybe a refit Haruna. Amagi belongs at 8 - torpedoes are already artificially removed from most BBs across the board and even Kii right now is not carrying a historical mount.

[MOIST]
Beta Tester
68 posts
773 battles

Well if the Amagi stays at tier 8 then I would keep the Owari in but at tier 8 since it is basically an improved Amagi. Same primary and secondary armament but with much better armor. Naturally this would mean that the Kanagawa would move to tier 10. Some "what-if" liberties could be taken to help with balancing to make sure they fit well. Yes, it may not be historical, but WG doesn't do historical, it's a team based arcade game with a loose basis around historical ships.

Tch4IFh.png

Now, keeping the Amagi at tier 8 and the Haruna no more then tier 6, that leaves a spot at tier 7. But that can be easily filled with the B-62, a preliminary design for the Amagi, the biggest difference is that it only has 4 turrets instead of 6 so it would be fair easier to balance it

xjOrZ2z.png

Torps on BBs though aren't that great. They're not the main selling point, though they do help. It's purely self defence then something you would rely heavily on. They have a 6km range and tend to be rather slow as well. BUT with tech tree ships we get to be a bit more creative.

For instance; optional second top hull upgrade.
As an example: The Amagi could get an "Amagi C" hull option. You wouldn't need to unlock it to get to the tier 9. The benefits of the hull would be the addition of some torpedoes tubes to each side while the drawback could be the loss of the AA it gains with "Hull B".

This way you're not forcing the playstyle. People that like the Kongo and Amagi as they are now would get to enjoy them as they are now but the option would be there. Again, not historical but no a historical game.

Edited by DeadArashi