You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tossle

Shootout. Aigle vs Blyskawica?

12 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles

Both are gunboats, assuming same skill level players, who would win?

Broadside vs broadside.

Aigle - 5 x 139mm guns reload 5 sec 17000hp

Blyskawica 7 x 120mm guns reload 6.8 sec 15500hp

Edited by Tossle

481 posts
7,592 battles

My vote is for Blyska.

Aigle has terrible firing angles and very slow shells. 700 m/s for Aigle vs 900 m/s for Blyska. Blyska's firing angles for the 4th turret are not great but from memory are better than Aigle.

Aigle needs to be very broadside to use all 5 guns, and Aigle being such a large and clumsy ship being broadside makes it very easy for a DD like Blyska with 7 guns firing fast shells to reliably hit you.

2,214 posts
13,673 battles

Hard to say. But since your talking same skill level I think Blys would win mainly because of turret rotation.

Agile had some awesome AP for cruisers but expect it wouldn't make much difference vs Blys

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles

Having played 300+ games in Blyskawica, I can certainly say that, with right captain build, Aigle should win fairly easily.

May be I should elaborate more. Blyskawica has garbage handling and crap detection. Basically Aigle will always have the first salvo. Both gets benefits from BFT, imo two more guns doesn't make any difference. The 139mm guns of Aigle have higher dpm if I'm correct. She has more HP as well.

People who doesn't own a Blyskawica have a fairy tale view of her. Reality is, she won't even win a cqc again Sims. Only reason she *was* relevant because of stealth firing, which no longer exists. 

You guys have to realize, shell speed doesn't matter when under 7km. That's where cqc happens. DPM/RoF always wins a brawl.

Edited by icy_phoenix

481 posts
7,592 battles

Yeah, guess I'm being a bit romantic and reminiscing about the days when Blyska was a real terror. IMO she was one of the ships hit the hardest by the removal of stealth firing. Shame that she has become a bit of a shelf queen in my port.

22 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Blyskawica has garbage handling and crap detection. Basically Aigle will always have the first salvo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought their detection range is exactly the same? Aigle is a BIG ship and her handling is rubbish also. Better rudder shift but much larger turning circle than Blyska.

Doesn't really matter however as Aigle clearly has the DPM advantage. Aigle has 2000 damage HE and 4.8 sec reload vs Blyska with 1700 damage HE and 6.5 sec reload. 

I was thinking about adding Aigle to the collection with my coal, but will save it for other ships that might get added to the arsenal later. Littlewhitemouse gives Aigle a "Meh" rating. She has not steered me wrong yet on any ship I have bought.

1,329 posts
8,812 battles
3 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought their detection range is exactly the same? Aigle is a BIG ship and her handling is rubbish also. Better rudder shift but much larger turning circle than Blyska.

With CE the Aigle's concealment is just shy of 7km (I think its around 6.8km?) which is why you can't really stealth torp in the Aigle. Don't know about the Blys as I don't own it.

Also the Aigle has really bad turret traverse. You will struggle to keep your guns on target if you try to wiggle. EM is recommended.

3 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Littlewhitemouse gives Aigle a "Meh" rating. She has not steered me wrong yet on any ship I have bought.

Imo it is best to take her final rating with a pinch of salt. What I usually do is read the rest of the review but skip her final rating. She goes into great detail on a ship's strengths and weaknesses, so if you think you can make the ship work, then go for it.

Personally I would give it a "gudbote" rating but I do agree the Aigle might not be for everyone, so there's that.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
10 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

was thinking about adding Aigle to the collection with my coal, but will save it for other ships that might get added to the arsenal later. Littlewhitemouse gives Aigle a "Meh" rating. She has not steered me wrong yet on any ship I have bought

At the risk of being accused of "server elitism", do not bother about NA / EU reviews unless you play there. Guess what, Fem also tweeted that she had no issues with Graf Zep, and you know what we got.

The fact that we are comparing a t6 DD to a t7 already tells a lot about the t6. She is OP, if you know how to utilize her advantages, which is everything apart from handling and concealment.

Just adding it again, in an ideal cqb, the only thing matters is the dpm and optionally torp skill. Even then, Aigle has hydro, right?

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

You can go to here and compare them

I tried Blys sometime in test server and i not very impressive with her , meanwhile Aigle is pretty much same stats (the fact that Aigle is slightly better) but far more firepower, survivability, France's speed boost ( if both of them actived SB and race, Aigle will win even her stock speed is lower) and  more important Aigle is One Tier Lower

Aigle main downside is not shell  velocity , while indeed it very bad, but not much problem at close range, her major problem  is her turret firing angle that if you one fully use it, you will take more hit than other DD (she big as CL ),  but if  broadside gun fight 1 vs 1 against Blys other DD, she probably not lose any same tier DD or even higher).

The other small downside is her torpedo range is not very far and  very slow , but it hit like truck and you still can steal launch (6.7km detection range/ 7km torp range)

So, if Broadside vs broadside, depend on range, Aigle will mostly win.:cap_tea:

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

48 posts
6,070 battles
On 7/16/2018 at 8:52 PM, HobartAWD said:

it's 6,8km, but that detection won't matter much because you are neither a capping DD or torpedoboat, and who needs handling if you got baguette speedboost :fish_aqua:

Doesn't really matter however as Aigle clearly has the DPM advantage. Aigle has 2000 damage HE and 4.8 sec reload vs Blyska with 1700 damage HE and 6.5 sec reload. 

aigle will burn down blyska first before it can do anything imo

I was thinking about adding Aigle to the collection with my coal, but will save it for other ships that might get added to the arsenal later. Littlewhitemouse gives Aigle a "Meh" rating. She has not steered me wrong yet on any ship I have bought.

so, to clear it up. you don't be the first ship entering the cap. you are a gunboat, with cruiser guns, with cruiser fire chance. it's like a russian DD in a sense - russian DD with enormously powerful torps. aigle playstyle is closer to USN CL/UK CL than other gunboat DD's, abuse island cover, speed boost, and smoke to burn down enemy ships

she's a very unique ship because there's no DD playstyle that you can adapt for her. definitely recommended if you know what you are doing :cap_like:

991 posts
7,403 battles
On 7/17/2018 at 12:52 AM, HobartAWD said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought their detection range is exactly the same?

Yes, both have 6.8km with CE and camo.