You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tossle

Inertia fuse or advanced fire training for DD Aigle?

6 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles

Can't decide which is more useful, the added HE shell penetration for my 139mm guns or Advanced Fire Training which would increase gun range from 12.8 to 15.3.

[LNA]
1,655 posts
10,411 battles

you are not gonna hit anything meaningful at 15.2 with that goddawful arc and beautiful curved shell speed that match a turtlee upside down.

I advise you to forget about IFHE or AFT , instead go demolition so you can actually set fires where it matters or invest in BFT so your constrained gun arc doesnt hurt that much.

354 posts
9,048 battles
4 minutes ago, Tossle said:

Can't decide which is more useful, the added HE shell penetration for my 139mm guns or Advanced Fire Training which would increase gun range from 12.8 to 15.3.

Can you hit anything at 15km?

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles

Yes I can. 

I guess Inertia shells, Im just still crankypants from my last game where I came 2nd, because the final CA was out of range at 14km.

I already out shoot other DD due to 139 guns, the added penetration would really hurt them.

Beta Tester
95 posts
2,660 battles
17 minutes ago, legionary2099 said:

you are not gonna hit anything meaningful at 15.2 with that goddawful arc and beautiful curved shell speed that match a turtlee upside down.

I advise you to forget about IFHE or AFT , instead go demolition so you can actually set fires where it matters or invest in BFT so your constrained gun arc doesnt hurt that much.

Thanks, probably demolition is way to go. BFT maybe not, cant see that reducing reload from 5 to 4.5 will win games.

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
3 hours ago, Tossle said:

Yes I can. 

I guess Inertia shells, Im just still crankypants from my last game where I came 2nd, because the final CA was out of range at 14km.

I already out shoot other DD due to 139 guns, the added penetration would really hurt them.

Increase in HE penetrate does not increase your damage against the DDs you face. And regardless of what you think, you have to aim off the screen to hit anything at 15km with your arc. So, not feasible.

3 hours ago, Tossle said:

Thanks, probably demolition is way to go. BFT maybe not, cant see that reducing reload from 5 to 4.5 will win games.

That's funny. Because you didn't see the big picture. Calculate that over 15 minutes of battles.

Since it's a t6 DD, this is the build I'd go for:

Anti DD build:

PT, LS, SE, CE

BFT, AR, DE, EL.

Anti Cruiser/BB

PT, LS, SE, CE

IFHE, BFT/DE, AR

You can add two signals to increase fire chance even higher, but make sure to equip detonation signals.