Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RepuFran431

About the legendary upgrade of Republique

13 comments in this topic

19 posts
7,393 battles

Hey there. Anyone would share your experience of the legendary upgrade of Repubilque? I got it yesterday and had two battles, not good performances. Not like the way I used to play with Republique...Shorter fire range is quite a problem..

And present upgrade is not the same as in the test period? Fire range -24% which is 16% before?

[KGHSF]
3,207 posts
6,043 battles
On 14/7/2561 at 10:04 AM, RepuFran431 said:

Hey there. Anyone would share your experience of the legendary upgrade of Repubilque? I got it yesterday and had two battles, not good performances. Not like the way I used to play with Republique...Shorter fire range is quite a problem..

And present upgrade is not the same as in the test period? Fire range -24% which is 16% before?

This is the new stuff there're different from normal upgrade part 
try read this I wrote calculation about rep and hotel yama upgrades

Edited by THAI_THIEF

19 posts
7,393 battles
On 8/13/2018 at 4:48 PM, SlamUez said:

I got the upgrade. Im considering unmounting it. The range loss isnt worth the 1-2 sec reload gain. 

Yeah...I unmounted it as well and am now using ordinary shooting-speed upgrade. That feels better lol.

19 posts
7,393 battles
On 2018/8/23 at 12:45 PM, THAI_THIEF said:

Okay I will give you a new one I'm sure you can have it without problem 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GQYDZN206s05NOvSgrIZR3B-QK6jcEhM/view?usp=sharing

Hi there. Sorry for the late reply and thx for your opinion before. Yeah I know the legendary upgrade of Yamato is good but, well, I am a poor Yamato player so I just let it go lol. 

If you don't mind I would share my experience of these months with you.

First I want to say something about my Henry IV. Yeah not joking. I equip my HIV with propulsion modi. and big steer modi. So my HIV has a 7.1s rudder shift time and 14.1 km concealment(with Concealment Expert). Fire range 19.1 km. In a match I would go forward with dd first, let my concealment cover key area, turn back and kite and then push or flight.

Then let's talk about Repu. With a small steer and concealment upgrade, my Repu is 14.6s rudder shift time and 13.5 km concealment. Fire range 19.8 km with legendary upgrade.

So you may guess what I want to say. Yeah I play Repu like HIV now. Push forward, kill enemy cruisers with super fast 431 and go back. Sometimes is fun and engaging. Kill enemy radar cruiser would help a lot to our dd and they would provide spotting for you. But of course many times I got killed by enemy 460 and IFHE. So uh....hard to say.

You know, HIV has a +20% engine boost while Repu only +8%, let alone other aspect of maneuverability. So I am still trying to find out how to use the legendary upgrade of Repu. To tell the truth I am more interested in the future French BB Bourgogne, perfect Alsace. I am curious what legendary upgrade WG would design for her.

2 posts
4,512 battles

have also received the legendary upgrade for the Republique and the range penalty is a little harsh, have to play here a la cruiser mode to be effective

but then usually get toasted by HE spam from cruisers.. I have demounted it and plays much better.. I won't be grinding out the other tier 10 legendaries based on this result,

not worth the time invested versus perceived reward. 

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,771 battles

It's definitely a downgrade from the reload module.  The Reppy can hit ships consistently and hard at ranges over 20km.  Often if positioned well you can get fire out at both flanks at once with the standard range.  The original iteration of the legendary module had less of a range penalty, and it was pretty good. WG thought it was too good however, and nerfed it so hard that no one would ever want to actually use it.

Sign in to follow this