You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IJN_Harugumo

The never ending grind.... @ 210 ships in port right now, how do you cope with bad grinds?

36 comments in this topic

634 posts
6,186 battles

For example, the Minsk, it just feels like a terrible ship because Leningrad exists, and I need to get 2 god damn tier 8s from this ship, which is a whole of 214k exp. Im at 28k and already tired of this ship

Dont tell me about free exp, I just spend a whole lot skipping US cruiser/BB lines so I have no more money to spend for now :( 

Currently have 210 ships so still need at least 40 ship for the collectors club :(

YMA3HlU.jpg

Edited by IJN_Harugumo

1,332 posts
8,817 battles

Save your xp camos and flags for the bonus xp weekends or such, then stack as much bonuses as you can and play the ship during those times.

The recent 200% first win bonus was a good time for this. Stack xp camo, flags, Premium time, get your first win and profit. Repeat the next day.

Alternatively since Minsk is tier 7 you can wait until the tier 7 operations like Ultimate Frontier go on rotation, then spam the Minsk there.

354 posts
9,048 battles
21 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Alternatively since Minsk is tier 7 you can wait until the tier 7 operations like Ultimate Frontier go on rotation, then spam the Minsk there.

Because everyone loves having lots of dds in operations :D

114 posts
3,889 battles
2 hours ago, IJN_Harugumo said:

For example, the Minsk, it just feels like a terrible ship because Leningrad exists

For me i preferred Minsk to Leningrad. Why?

In Leningrad, you have better concealment, torpedo range but lower gun range, making you a 'hybrid' dd with more versatility ( Jack of all trades, Master of none).

While in Minsk its all about gunning.

The slight difference in gun range on the Leningrad and Minsk is also very significant. In a Russian DD, you generally want to make use of your speed and range to dodge shells as you gunboat in open water. This means than Minsk is able to stay at a further range while Leningrad has to close into the ideal range of around 9-12km, which would actually make the ship much more vulnerable.

I always see negative opinions about Minsk, but most of them don't even play the ship to its strengths. You are a support ship, you dont push into caps unless it is absolutely safe. You play like a cruiser and chase away BBs by spamming HE and setting fires. I had a couple of games where we won because the BBs backed off after failing to hit me several times ( thanks to sitting at max range and raining down HE shells on them).  

This might seem as the selfish "damage farming" play style, but it is actually very effective, as you are able to clear the flank with little help needed and allow your team to push up. 

People who grinded up to Khabarovsk (most people ignored Grozovoi) also have captains that usually do not have concealment expert, making the "hybrid dd" play style nearly completely useless and just making it a Minsk with longer range torps but shorter gun range.

Thats not to say Leningrad is a weak ship, its just that Minsk is also a very strong and comfortable ship once you play it to its strengths, and you wont have much issues winning games with high damage numbers.

I also found it easy to farm WTR/PR on Minsk, as it is one of the lowest in the server. 

I hope i managed to change your views on this amazing ship as it is one of the best grinds i've ever had, while also being very balanced (personally i think the buff thats coming soon isnt actually needed)

259 posts
4,649 battles
3 hours ago, Somedude_Yudachi said:

Don't grind them then( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I will grind slowly. I took 1 year to slowly grind Bismarck to FDG

203 posts
11,788 battles

For me I just play whatever, whenever I want and the next thing I know is I finish the "grind".

Good ships work wonder and you won't ever feel the grind, bad ships however is another story.
There's no way around it other than FXP or accelerate the process with flags/camo.
It doesn't make the whole experience any enjoyable all we can do is live with it.

Unless you don't mind the repetitiveness and more concern about gameplay experience you can always go with coop mode.
Trust me I skipped my Khabarovsk grind by playing COOP exclusively without stopping, people say coop doesn't net you good reward but in reality the reward is actually comparable to each other.
Reason being coop battle will end on average of 5-7 mins while random battle can go like 15-20mins and to top it off your game result is actually more consistant in comparison to random battle.
This whole thing is even more consistant with destroyer since you have access to smoke, torpedoes and you operate mostly close to the enemy forces.

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Like @MikuChrome said, I skipped a lot of low/mid tier craps just by spamming coop. Barely any stress, you finish the battles fast with majority of work done by yourself, you actually grind quite fast. Although no where as fast as you could achieve in random battles, but they gets finished eventually.

Besides, if you have that many ships, you already have few ships in each tier already that you feel comfortable with. Are you in a hurry to grind? I think I finished my Bismarck gring just by playing for the daily first win. I already had Montana and Yamato, so wasn't in a hurry to grind something subper like GK.

I have 185 ships myself. And I played over 3k coop....

Screenshot_20180713-025359.thumb.png.0935533db22a7290fec3375890e661b0.png

Edited by icy_phoenix

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles

I do as stated above, save XP flags n camos for them, and then only do daily wins...

I then go play something else.

When I end up raging at the ship, I throw money at the game and FXP past them...

81 posts
2,751 battles

so you are all talking about the "Grind", but what does that exactly mean? do you continue until the ship/ captain is at level19?  coz 210 ships is going to take some time I would have thought?  ive been playing for 6 months and only got 1.

while im on captain's, just to clarify the premium ships. you can put (for e.g) a T3 IJN DD captain into a T7 IJN premium cruiser and not cost anything?  can you put the T7 premium cruiser captain into the T3 DD at no cost?

[151ST]
1,010 posts
4,494 battles
1 hour ago, Otago_F111 said:

so you are all talking about the "Grind", but what does that exactly mean? do you continue until the ship/ captain is at level19?  coz 210 ships is going to take some time I would have thought?  ive been playing for 6 months and only got 1.

while im on captain's, just to clarify the premium ships. you can put (for e.g) a T3 IJN DD captain into a T7 IJN premium cruiser and not cost anything?  can you put the T7 premium cruiser captain into the T3 DD at no cost?

Of same nation:

You can put any non-premium trained captain into a premium ship and not need to pay for retraining.

Do yes you can put your T3 IJN DD captain in an IJN T7 premium CA.

You can't do it the other way around.

Basically don't bother training your captains for premium ships...

315 posts
4,634 battles

If you want to collect ships like Pokemon that's your business I guess, though it's highly questionable whether adding another 60 or so ships to the 210 you already have will add much of value to the game for you. The cost of the port slots alone is staggering.

381 posts
9,957 battles

My personal method is like following but it involves free exp at some tiers so it might not suit you :D

For tier 3/4: Free xp

Tier 5: Ask my clanmate to rebuy Langley and div. A little dirty but blame WG for tier 5 MM first.

Tier 6/7: Operations best waifu

Tier 8: Cherry Blossoms if possible, otherwise free xp as well

Tier 9: 9/10/10 div, you're going to be thrown into tier 10 anyway

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles

If you don't enjoy grinding all the ships, why do it?

Just play the ships you enjoy.

Having said that, the Minsk is a perfectly fine ship, it's better than a Leningrad (one of the best T7 premiums) except for it's torps. It's also getting a significant buff to turret rotation in less than two weeks.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,558 battles

this is not a race lol

i have plenty of ship to grind but i don't like play them i just leave them..a few ship like a year even and i'm still not done

force yourself to grind takes away the fun

232 posts
13,939 battles

I pick the lines I want first. Then optimize (ie get those free T6 ships to begin with).

Use ops to boost to T7. Play T7 in whatever mode as most ships are okay.

Freexp T8 for unenjoyable ships.

Freexp T9 for unenjoyable ships.

Voila, T10.

Sell ships that you will never use again and recover their upgrades. Optimises your economics. 

The game exists for my enjoyment.

Edited by dejiko_nyo

114 posts
3,889 battles
6 hours ago, dejiko_nyo said:

Freexp T9 for unenjoyable ships.

i freexp'ed fletcher

460048924682616833.png.aeadcd6a3398d5c54b645b5ffab439c6.png

634 posts
6,186 battles
19 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Like @MikuChrome said, I skipped a lot of low/mid tier craps just by spamming coop. Barely any stress, you finish the battles fast with majority of work done by yourself, you actually grind quite fast. Although no where as fast as you could achieve in random battles, but they gets finished eventually.

Besides, if you have that many ships, you already have few ships in each tier already that you feel comfortable with. Are you in a hurry to grind? I think I finished my Bismarck gring just by playing for the daily first win. I already had Montana and Yamato, so wasn't in a hurry to grind something subper like GK.

3k coop....oh my

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,281 posts
On 7/13/2018 at 4:58 AM, icy_phoenix said:

Well said Icy.

I have accumulated all of this from Co-op grinding.

5b49a0ad0b714_WoWsCo-opcollections.PNG.77593f9f6440ed976d256811f229cb6e.PNG

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

CO-OP grind imo is very efficient when you play in the odd time like 3AM~7AM (GMT+8) , especially in normal day (mon~fri), since at that time of day there are very few player and no one border play CO-OP anyway. So both of team  is full of bot. Your bot team (literally ) mostly just yolo and dead somewhere, you can easy farm the whose enemy team without border being ks by other player (real). It kinda fun and profit.

Beta Tester
604 posts
6,756 battles
19 hours ago, Exiaa said:

i freexp'ed fletcher

460048924682616833.png.aeadcd6a3398d5c54b645b5ffab439c6.png

I worked my way through Fletcher a year or more ago, and haven't even bothered buying the Gearing.  Why would I, when I have the Fletcher (and Yue Yang)?