Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rina_Pon

Au Revoir, Emile!

7 comments in this topic

315 posts
4,631 battles

I agree with both the need for the nerf and the way WG chose to implement the nerf, but I will still be sorry to see her go.

The French cruiser Emile Bertin:
Increased the reload time of the Main Battery from 12 to 13 s.
Torpedoes 550-mm DT replaced by 550-mm 19D with the following characteristics: Reload time: 84 s; Damage from the torpedo: 12 233; Torpedo speed: 57 knots; Range: 6 km.
Possessing a specific armor scheme, guns with good ballistics and torpedoes with a long range, the ship showed excessive efficiency. Changes are necessary in order to bring the ship to balance at her tier.

Edited by Rina_Pon

237 posts
5,804 battles

I enjoyed grinding this ship, but sold it when I got the T6. I liked the quick relatively quick turning of the guns, the manoeuvrability, the fire chance and decent reload, and the speed. Mostly played it as long range HE, open water dodging. Not sure about the torp change, never relied on them much anyway, but it was nice to have for area control. Meaning the only way to use them now is defensive or ambush. But oh well, it’s a T5.

315 posts
4,631 battles
2 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Thank god I grinded the ship long before this.

BTW, Do not use RED text.

Mod reserved? OK, fixed.

Thinking about it the 9km torps (+insane firing arcs) were just icing on an already OP cake. It's the number of guns, their range, and fire starting chance which makes this ship shine, coupled to a cigarette boat hull. I'm betting the 8% reduction in DPM brought on by the nerf isn't likely to make a huge difference to the XP numbers people are gonna post with her.

Rather than a nerf to Emile, I think of this a something of a buff to Furutaka and Konigsberg. The former for regaining the undisputed torp king crown, the latter for no longer looking quite so hopeless.

Edited by Rina_Pon

156 posts
4,055 battles

Emile was one of the enjoyable grinds for me. The reload nerf will not be that significant however with AR and all. This ship proved to be a beast in my hands when facing T4-T5 cruisers. Its AP performance is phenomenal. The torp nerf will hurt. But i found the La Galiss to be a bit disappointing. 

Super Tester
7,512 posts
7,978 battles
10 hours ago, Rina_Pon said:

Rather than a nerf to Emile, I think of this a something of a buff to Furutaka and Konigsberg. The former for regaining the undisputed torp king crown, the latter for no longer looking quite so hopeless.

Well, in terms of damage output race, Konigsberg was undefeated king there. You basically out dpm everything at T5 and you have German 1/4 th HE pen. Given that no one is looking your way - which was luckily, my case.Emile's plus point is she can actually speed tank.

Sign in to follow this