You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
jiyeonlee

buff nelson its not bad but not enough to be expensive

14 comments in this topic

14 posts
3,820 battles

i liked t9 premium free exp ships

but i didn't want to play nelson after few battle played and still it is

main reason is armor is so bad for t7 it always have high chance of random citadel hit

it citadel from front (not thinkable for most battleships) it citadel from more than 60'angled (cause its not cruiser)

and get high damage from common over200mm he so it feels like paper

i know nelson have warspite like good gun for t7 but this ship is very slow for t7

and having bad armor at same time make this ship nothing but damage rating whore

other middle tier battleships doesn't get citadel randomely and when they looks good chance to citadel hit at mid-long range

not that high chance to deal massive damage as they seen but nelson is totally opposite of that

nelson feels battleship version of uk cruisers without smoke or speed

of course it have some armor cause its battleship but that armor is not a battleship level

Edited by jiyeonlee

307 posts
4,060 battles
2 hours ago, jiyeonlee said:

main reason is armor is so bad for t7 it always have high chance of random citadel hit

it citadel from front (not thinkable for most battleships) it citadel from more than 60'angled (cause its not cruiser)

i know nelson have warspite like good gun for t7 but this ship is very slow for t7

and having bad armor at same time make this ship nothing but damage rating whore

other middle tier battleships doesn't get citadel randomely and when they looks good chance to citadel hit at mid-long range

not that high chance to deal massive damage as they seen but nelson is totally opposite of that

of course it have some armor cause its battleship but that armor is not a battleship level

You know what other battleship can be citadelled from everywhere? it's New York. 

Nelson can be citadelled from the front because it has 25mm bow armor. All British BBs has it from tier 3-7. Not forget to mention that Colorado is slower than Nelson. Her armor is pretty good. Other ships like Nagato has a thinner main belt. Nelson armor is battleship level. What makes it easy to citadelled is that the main belt. Which directly protecting against being citadelled. If a cruiser has IFHE and somewhat aim at your upper belt which has 32 mm, of course their HE shells won't shatter And i suffer it a lot when i faced a broken imperialist like Atago. You just need to use your HE shells to intimidate them. And be mindful that positioning is something crucial.

[LNA]
1,658 posts
10,425 battles
2 hours ago, jiyeonlee said:

I feel you are not playing it right more than the ship's fault.

It have the same problem as colorado save the insane heal it get.

Pick your targets, choose those that u can bully and try to avoid cqc with other BB.

Other than that it is very tanky due to the 32mm deck that can bounce BB shells except Musashi.

114 posts
3,889 battles
11 hours ago, legionary2099 said:

Other than that it is very tanky due to the 32mm deck that can bounce BB shells except Musashi.

32mm is Izumo

Nelson has 25mm 

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles
1 hour ago, Exiaa said:

32mm is Izumo

Nelson has 25mm 

You are both right. And Wrong. Only the middle deck section is 32mm. the foredeck plating is 25mm on the Nelson.

The Nelsons bow hull plating is fine. Yes you can get LOL citadeled through the front, but it also has that LOL Royal Navy Heal. And a highly flexible turret arrangement making it easy to get all 9 guns on target. Buffing its hull plating would just make it an overpowered bow tanking monster. Remember other BBs have to show far more side to get all guns on target. 

read littlewhitemouse's review, she describes to as having a high skill ceiling

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/133955-premium-ship-review-hms-nelson/

• Between the superstructure and bow where the guns lie is 32mm of deck armour, then it strikes the 165mm citadel roof.  This means the bombs fail to arm through the 32mm roof and then fail to penetrate into the citadel.  So these unarmed bombs just sit there.  Given the damage received by the ship from these hits, this appears to be treated as an over penetration.

459 posts
8,272 battles

I had a bit of trouble with her at first as well, but once you get used to her weirdness it gets better.

Don't go full bow on to avoid citadels from the front. Think of it as angling the front bulkhead armour as well as the belt. You'll probably still get citadelled occasionally, but you will get fewer of them. I think the spot where the rear turret just gets enough clearance to shoot works well, but be sure to turn back and forth to throw enemies aim off. Also don't get too close as that increases the chances you'll take serious AP damage.

203 posts
11,788 battles

I want my shimakaze to have a homing torpedo system to hit target with 100% accuracy>
I put my time, efforts and in game money on such expensive ship but it never seems to deliver what its suppose to be doing.
Please buff my shimakaze and all other ships I own and play. :Smile_popcorn:

[DIY]
65 posts
5,369 battles

Just go on YT and see how to play this ship.

Every ships are not that bad if you play it right. (except the dispersion which kinda ruin every salvo I throw at enemy cruiser at 12-13 km. GAH!!!)

14 posts
3,820 battles
12 hours ago, kon_thai said:

Just go on YT and see how to play this ship.

Every ships are not that bad if you play it right. (except the dispersion which kinda ruin every salvo I throw at enemy cruiser at 12-13 km. GAH!!!)

every ships seems bad when you play it

look at the stats first

14 posts
3,820 battles
On 2018. 7. 11. at 8:06 PM, MikuChrome said:

I want my shimakaze to have a homing torpedo system to hit target with 100% accuracy>
I put my time, efforts and in game money on such expensive ship but it never seems to deliver what its suppose to be doing.
Please buff my shimakaze and all other ships I own and play. :Smile_popcorn:

is all weebs talking disgust level as you

i don't close to your kind of people

Edited by jiyeonlee