You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Xplod2064

Super container signals should not exist!!

23 comments in this topic

45 posts
3,994 battles

OK we know that there are some cool stuff in super containers aswell as some dam awful ones, I finally managed to get my part 2 american campaign done for 2 super containers and did I get anything good for all this hard and long work I put into it??

Well the answer is no! War gaming think it is funny to put crappy 100X signals in there, when the chance to even receive a super container is what 3%?? In both the containers I got 200 signals I don't care about and when I go to sell all 200 signals I can get 1.2 million credits WHOOPEE!!!! That is only 2 games on the Missouri with Gamescon camo on.

Also another thing I can just buy the signals in the arsenal or the shop for dirt cheap, well not so much the arsenal but in the shop, why would you put such common crappy signals in super containers???

I highly recommend taking the signals out of the containers and some of the useless camo's aswell!

:/

[COAT]
1,186 posts
10,200 battles

Some people are camo collectors,and some need signals.

But Arsenal may be a better choice.Supercontainers should offer coal/iron/upgrades/ship/doubloon more.

319 posts
6,891 battles

I bought 30 days premium time and the day after i got my 2 Super Containers. 1 contained 30 days premium time and the other... 14 days premium time. 

I would of taken Special Signals or Cammo at this point.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles
7 hours ago, Kamanah said:

I bought 30 days premium time and the day after i got my 2 Super Containers. 1 contained 30 days premium time and the other... 14 days premium time. 

I would of taken Special Signals or Cammo at this point.

I thought everyone knows that us big spending premium owners get SC's more regularly than the poor people.

319 posts
6,891 battles
31 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

I thought everyone knows that us big spending premium owners get SC's more regularly than the poor people.

So its time that WG gives us "bigger spenders" preferential MM as a counter to low Karma players getting poor MM?

But RIP me :D

[BOTES]
12 posts
5,689 battles

I agree. Wargaming should just remove containers entirely and remove any form of luck-based gacha-style rewards. What if I get something for free that I don't want?! I didn't even ask for camos! Gosh, Weegee sure goofed on this, giving me free stuff I didn't actually ask for!

Edited by jujuham

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,842 posts
4,140 battles
45 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

If I could get det flags in every second SC I'd be very happy.

I get them pretty regularly...………………………….

shot-18.07.10_18.08.14-0363.jpg

145 posts
1,309 battles

Old supercontainers are much better than current ones. even 250x flags are worth the campaign grind tbh. but if RNG hates us so much they keeps giving flags, WG should remove the normal flags and only keep Economic flags and Special ones. upto 250x economic or 100 specials.

Sometimes I dont even want to open SC, when i hear someone recently got 100 of juliet charlie. jeez

[AE]
202 posts
9,515 battles

This is how often I have received supercontainers playing the standard 3 containers a day stuff (I got other supers in campaign, but ignore those):

29 April - 100 Dragon flags

27 May - 100 Equal speed charlie london

17 June - 50 La Padraig camo

24 June - 1 Improved Radar Surveillance module

During this time period I recieved 4 supers in campaign, and all had 100 signals in them.

I agree that better items should be in the container, spending most of the day, and finally getting a super, only to be disappointed is probably losing players to playing all through the day to get them. Sitting around for the third, and still getting a shit 4 little signals, is unpleasant. I started keeping a list in mid April, just to see what I got. Of note, is that I average one a month. Also, like with so much other WG stuff, I dont think its random. I noticed, prior to starting the list, that the supers fell almost regularly at monthly intervals. Backing this up, is the rewards for 3 containers per day. I will usually get a run of things, ie. 750 free xp, then the next day, just 4 flags. Then camo for a day (all in the try my luck). 

I have been unwilling to try the more camo option because when I did, it was usually the crap stuff - 3% off vis and 4% off chance to be hit garbage. Does anyone know if camo with 100% xp/commander xp etc comes regularly with the more camos option?

Or coal? Anyone seen a distinct increase in coal using one of the options?

29 posts
2,759 battles

I have been wondering whether anyone still gets the occasional super container during the normal course of play. I used to get them now and then when I first started playing WOWS but it is months and months since I have received even one and I have been rolling the dice whenever I get a 'container available' notice. Maybe it's time I stopped gambling on getting one seeing they seem to be non existent once you progress past a certain point.

43 posts
2,385 battles

Same here, was not getting any SCs for a few months until , BOOM! got 2 in a day but both contain crappy signals. 

I also agree that normal signals should not be in supercontainers. Speshul ones sure.

Edited by Dendi_Superman
Add content

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,779 battles

I agree with the OP, I really think they need to refine what supers give. With the release of the arsenal now is the perfect time to refine the rewards for supercontainers.

Firstly they need to stop giving any normal signals or modules in supercontainers, and they need to make signals available for a reasonable price for coal.  Note that right now they are not at a reasonable price, if you compare signal prices to the price of everything else in the arsenal they are overpriced by 500% or more.

In a supercontainer you should get one of the following:

• Free XP
  • Doubloons
  • Special signals
  • Premium time
  • Coal
  • Steel
  • A premium ship

No modules, no normal signals.  The coal supercontainer makes up for a module or normal signal container, and enables you to pick the rewards you want.

This would enable people to actually look forward to the rewards of a supercontainer, purely because everything rewarded is relatively satisfying.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles

Why not? I like signals. They are readily more useful than.... whatever else you get except ships may be. Collecting 100 flags takes tons of battles of any kind. And you don't appreciate it. Sad.

330 posts
4,094 battles
3 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Collecting 100 flags takes tons of battles of any kind. And you don't appreciate it. Sad.

its like waiting in vain and  some useless efforts involved. I will sell any kind of flag that increases the detonation chance.

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles
12 hours ago, Thyaliad said:

I have long learnt not to expect anything good from Supercontainers. Can't be disappointed if I am not expecting anything.

Basically this ^^

13 hours ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

its like waiting in vain and  some useless efforts involved. I will sell any kind of flag that increases the detonation chance.

Well you will need those when you start to play ranked battles.

330 posts
4,094 battles
11 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

Well you will need those when you start to play ranked battles.

Why is that? 

Super Tester
7,578 posts
8,001 battles
39 minutes ago, mr_glitchy_R said:

Why is that? 

You need to get any possible edge you can. So, if you equip anti detonation signal, you can safely mount 3 more flags that increases your fire chance and flooding chance. Much needed in a highly competitive scene.

Besides, now the rules of detonation changed. You cannot get detonated unless your are below 70% hp or something like that. I use them even in randoms on the ships that has low chances of taking incoming fire much.

112 posts
2,960 battles

Yep, before every clan battle I have had the caller has insisted everyone equip anti det flags before anything else.

[CLAY]
Alpha Tester
949 posts
5,652 battles

Got a 100 of those anti det flags in a recent SC......still had 1000 in stock :cap_fainting:

I do only get flag containers