Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
j0e90

Operation Narai on PTS 7.7 crazy hard

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

78
[ANZAC]
Member
340 posts
11,472 battles

Yeah, so 3 star win on PTS to get the flags on your live account. Easy eh?

Oh no. I've managed 1 win, 1 star after maybe 6 goes. The extra BB that comes in the middle part makes a huge difference.

They really seem to Target the transports as well.

And with the King CV sailing up the side of the map my guess is you really need a CV to do well. The objectives are split now properly in different areas, and if the team splits too soon, well an early return to port is the usual outcome.

Be interested to see if anyone else has tried it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
16 posts
7,533 battles

don't worry, a lot of the players on pts are quite "special" and make the op seem more difficult than it is, i'm sure people on this server will be back to robbing the bank with ease soon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
354 posts
9,048 battles

I've had 6 or 7 goes at it for 1 2-star and 1 4-star win. It does seem a lot more difficult than the old one but, once the differences become familiar it may become a bit easier. The 4-star win only netted me 1600 (may have been 1800) base exp even though I came top with 9 kills and 225k dmg - so its days as a huge revenue earner may be over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,217 posts
13,678 battles
3 hours ago, spacesloop said:

don't worry, a lot of the players on pts are quite "special" and make the op seem more difficult than it is, i'm sure people on this server will be back to robbing the bank with ease soon

^ this

There is plenty of opportunity to heal damaged ships, send appropriate ships to specific tasks, etc. Do these things and the mission is probably no overly hard. Problem is though most pts players just point at the closest ship and shoot. They have no idea of what they should actually be doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
354 posts
9,048 battles
22 minutes ago, keskparane said:

^ this

There is plenty of opportunity to heal damaged ships, send appropriate ships to specific tasks, etc. Do these things and the mission is probably no overly hard. Problem is though most pts players just point at the closest ship and shoot. They have no idea of what they should actually be doing.

To be fair though, it does take a few tries to get familiar with a new scenario and learn the best tactics to approach it. When it goes live, people who haven't done it before will benefit from the experience of those who've already tried it on the PTS.

PS If you don't play on the PTS, how do you get a supply of special flags?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,527 posts
7,978 battles

I looked into a video someone already posted on YouTube. Based on the enemy spawn, it does not look much hard at all. Nothing 5 of your clan mates couldnt handle, especially with 2 Altantas in the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
2,217 posts
13,678 battles

Just had a 4 star game.

Hardest part seems to be getting the Lexington. Basically I think everyone bar 1 cruiser needs to go through left entrance and hit Lexington hard and fast. The 1 other cruiser is to dispatch escaping convoy on the right.

Edited by keskparane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,068 posts
3,846 battles
12 hours ago, icy_phoenix said:

I looked into a video someone already posted on YouTube. Based on the enemy spawn, it does not look much hard at all. Nothing 5 of your clan mates couldnt handle, especially with 2 Altantas in the mix.

This the one you watched?:

 

Like keskparane says,if you can get the team to handle the different tasks it looks like it should be ok.

Frontier is probably even harder ( without having actually played the new Narai yet ) for needing specific tasks done over a bigger distance,and most of the time the teams can get them done.

Edited by BanditSE1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×