40 comments in this topic

3 posts

Hey guys,

Seeing a lot of giveaways for NA Beta Codes on streams/ Reddit. However being in Australia the site recommends the Asian server.

Is it worth applying for the NA codes and playing form there/ can you transfer them.

P.S WarGaming - Awesome piece on Tank museum in Cairns, Australia. Didn't know it existed, i will check it out next time i'm in Cairns.

http://worldoftanks.asia/en/news/pc-browser/21/the-challenger-asia-au-armour-artillery-museum/

4,163 posts
1,874 battles

Playing on NA nets you 200-300ms of latency. Still playable, but jerky.

Progress on NA and Asia is non-transferable, unless WG does an account transfer thing. This is extremely rare, though.

695 posts
2,153 battles

No codes currently for ASIA server.  Watch the portal for more info when they want more they will announce there.

No, Beta codes are not transferable between servers.

Beta Tester
66 posts

I'd apply for NA.

Progress will be wiped so you'll have to start from scratch and I'd rather play with people who understand and can type English.

Only reason I'll stay on ASIA server when ships goes live is if I've got a cool premium for being a tester. If I don't or its a crappy one I'll start my account on NA.

Bigger server population and more consistent ability to communicate via chat. My only problem with ASIA server is the language barrier

3 posts

I'd apply for NA.

Progress will be wiped so you'll have to start from scratch and I'd rather play with people who understand and can type English.

Only reason I'll stay on ASIA server when ships goes live is if I've got a cool premium for being a tester. If I don't or its a crappy one I'll start my account on NA.

Bigger server population and more consistent ability to communicate via chat. My only problem with ASIA server is the language barrier

No codes currently for ASIA server.  Watch the portal for more info when they want more they will announce there.

No, Beta codes are not transferable between servers.

Playing on NA nets you 200-300ms of latency. Still playable, but jerky.

Progress on NA and Asia is non-transferable, unless WG does an account transfer thing. This is extremely rare, though.

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses. Think all questions were answered. English may be an issue, but from watching streams i don't see a whole lot of typing to organize a strategy, May affect high level game play more. Will be interesting to see what develops. I will keep an eye out for invites, like most people waiting that are just trying to play a great looking game.

Thanks again.

[PANZA]
Senior Moderator
390 posts
3,801 battles

For the asia server I see a large proportion of Japanese players and they can understand english very well so i dont think youll have any issues on this server. 

Beta Tester
17 posts
532 battles

I mistakenly applied for NA even though I live in Asia and they still didn't accept my application.I guess i should have applied in Asia more earlier :(

Edited by Kamikaze_Ace

2 posts
78 battles

Wows is now becoming more popular among the Chinese community! I'm now living in Au and same waiting for the closed beta certificate. I wonder how many players are actually playing in the Asia server, many friends in both Au and Cn are eager in joining the game.

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

Any idea on how long I would have to wait before I know if I am accepted on the closed beta NA server? I realize it won't be quick but any one else know the average wait time before I will know one way or the other? Thanks.

be best to ask that question on the NA forums, not here

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

Its sad to see players in the NA getting to be in the closed beta.. oh, and the EU... but there is an upside to this.. we wont be seeing as many bugs as they have, and their servers are working out numbers and teir matching; its why im annoyed, but contempt in waiting.

Being a truck driver for the last few years, I had stopped getting into betas/alphas (simcity being the last); and I must say, the guys who joined in later on has less of an annoying time then we original testers had. (Bugs, glitches, lag spike, account data missing, crashes, and all that lovely guff)

Well we can only hope they start testing the latency for the asain side before the year is out (or maybe before HL3 :P)

[SIF]
Senior Moderator
2,562 posts

can i get a code of NA or asia?or may be you can start the game for all people more ealier?

There are NO CODES for the Asian server. If you missed the initial give out then you will have to wait until CBT is open again. Watch the Portal/Forums etc for announcements.

Beta Tester
235 posts
783 battles

There are NO CODES for the Asian server. If you missed the initial give out then you will have to wait until CBT is open again. Watch the Portal/Forums etc for announcements.

Is it starting to annoy you with the kids asking for codes time and time again... im sensing some form of annoyance :)

695 posts
2,153 battles

Yes the Admins are taking note, begging it not allowed under the rules.  So think hard as its an Admin who needs to accept you in the CBT.  Thus if you Beg for a code, guess what will not happen.

Edited by Twisted0ne

[WOWMA]
Beta Tester
8 posts
5,522 battles

Well i hope they do announce a fresh round of new cbt codes so that i can get a chance to play it. Feels sad not being able to get into the asia one too as my email only mentions the american application is open and the application is still on going.

Alpha Tester
184 posts
2,083 battles

Hope the CBT open's up again soon for Asia. Missed the first part :(. With the game as it is in CBT, it is already beyond what was expected. Hopefully will be a part of the CBT next time.