You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kiwi1960

Regarding being made PINK!

34 comments in this topic

10 posts
116 battles

There is a new type of player in the wild. So far, WoWs has ignored this player... 

Who is he?

He is the one that thinks since the game is nearly over, (and in the game I was in) he has four kills.... SO... he deliberately turns his ship into oncoming allied torpedoes.

WHY? To make a player turn pink. Better that way, the person isn't punished, but his victims are.  I'm pink for one more game.

This is happening more and more, the humble but but much appreciated Destroyer is falling victim to this act of terrorism and people are not sailing them like they used to, too afraid?

WoWs REALLY needs to take not of this as the wrong people are being punished. You KNOW its bad when a person gloats via chat how he made you pink.

TOTALLY UNFAIR!

Edited by Kiwi1960

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Unless he said in battle chat "imma going to turn into your torps", you really have no sure way of knowing he did deliberately steer into your torps. 

And sorry to be the Debbie Downer, but shouldn't you have done your utmost to make sure allies arn't anywhere near where your torps will go?

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,481 battles
27 minutes ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Unless he said in battle chat "imma going to turn into your torps", you really have no sure way of knowing he did deliberately steer into your torps. 

And sorry to be the Debbie Downer, but shouldn't you have done your utmost to make sure allies arn't anywhere near where your torps will go?

yeah, to turn into them, they had to have been launched from behind the guy that went pink....#1 rule of DDs, don't launch torps when friendlies are in front, you have no idea where they will go

Edited by j0e90

161 posts
5,905 battles

Don't torp when they're friendlies in the way, risk them hitting your torps, or forcing them to evade your torps. That's the first thing you have to consider.

From a self centric perspective, teammates deliberately ran into your torps, sure, but hey, try thinking about the possibility that noone gonna expects torps coming from an unexpected direction. 

1,386 posts
8,224 battles

You, and you alone are supposed to watch out for any allies that may get caught in your torpedo's trajectory. You should avoid launching your torps when your allies can potentially get damaged. If you had to, ping the minimap and text to warn your teammates. This is good manners and responsible team play. And it's an official tip written on the load screen.

Unless your teammate is half a map away (only possible for Shima and Gearing), it is always the TK'er responsible for team-torp incident. He has the right to make use of the game mechanism and punish you for your irresponsible torps, as long as it doesn't affect the end result (which counts as passive play)

Edited by HMS_Swiftsure_08

Beta Tester
1,167 posts
7,460 battles

Are you sure it was on purpose? It's happened to me before - I've steered into friendly torps that otherwise would've sailed past me - though it's very rare, just a few times in all my games. It probably even looked like I did it intentionally since friendly torps are "always visible." However, it only appears that way when you're looking at the situation from the back lines.

When you're on the front line your focus is towards the enemy and guarding your flanks. Frequent course changes are pretty much routine due to the threat of enemy torps even when you're not spotted. You're putting yourself in danger so the 2nd Line teammates can stay back and get free shots at the enemy. To then have those 2nd Line teammates send torps anywhere nearby is very unpleasant, even if you realise they're coming. Those friendly torps restrict your ability to manoeuvre and can sometimes make you vulnerable to the real enemy. That's the best case scenario.

In the worst case, you won't even be thinking about torps coming from that direction until you're already in a hard turn and suddenly the warning ping goes crazy but you still can't see torps anywhere... NO WAIT THEY'RE BEHIND ME WHAT THE-

Simply don't fire torps from behind the front line. Move up, drop your torps, then move back again if you really must. It's easy and no friendly will catch them, accidentally or otherwise.

Edited by Unraveler

10 posts
116 battles

I love all these WoWs forums. People assume.... they make assumptions here, oh its the posters fault....

No, its not. the person who got his was moving away from the torps. As an ally, he can SEE the torps as soon as they are fired.

Had he turned right, after my chat warning... open seas and he would be alive...

But he turned left... straight into an island....

And via the Chat, he was "laughing" at my having been made pink, anyone caught out like this would be angry, right?

Please so not assume I am a n00b. I am not. I have accounts on all 4 game servers. I've seen it all from the earliest days of WoWs.

Trust me on this, it was done on purpose... he was nearly dead, time was nearly up... we were going to win regardless....

He had his little joke. The victim becomes the one at fault (with you guys)...

except...

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

You would be better off recording a replay of his behaviour to back the claim that his actions were deliberate.  In 99% of cases it is tha fault of the person firing torps.   We have all been pink and most of us know in retrospect that we unsafely fired our torps into an area where friendlies werecat risk of being hit.

203 posts
11,788 battles

Its never been "my fault" is it?

Your ordinance, your responsibility.
When I launch a danger close torpedoes salvo, if those torps hit my teammates I accept my undoing and apologise to the unfortunate instead of going around saying "Its your fault for running into them."
We have enough people doing these kind of irresponsibility behavior in the game especially those who never seems to check their torpedo range, which never seems to reach the enemy but his teammates.

[MEGA]
4,563 posts
17,557 battles

replay or people are going to call bullshit, including me

as for having accounts on all 4 server... I call bullshit on that, no one with that much playtime would complain about torp TKs because they know better 

341 posts
4,007 battles

As others have said, your torpedoes are your responsibility. Don't make the same mistake and move on.

Also, just saying, you might want to try "Random Battles" against other players instead of only "Co-op" against bots. It'll make your claims of skill seem more credible and you'll also probably run into more experienced players.

Beta Tester
358 posts
7,415 battles

Hey after more than six months I've turned pink twice in two days (It was my fault unequivocally on one occasion the second one was a friendly that blundered into my torps that picked off two low HP enemy ships moments beforehand which is still my responsibility)  I don't care how much you think the system is unfair it's supposed to stop trolls so deal with it.

Also so what if the player laughs after being sunk by friendly torps this is not evidence that they deliberately steered into their path have you not heard the phrase "revenge is sweet" YOU JUST TORPEDOED HIM! of course he's gonna laugh at you.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,481 battles
14 hours ago, Kiwi1960 said:

I love all these WoWs forums. People assume.... they make assumptions here, oh its the posters fault....

No, its not. the person who got his was moving away from the torps. As an ally, he can SEE the torps as soon as they are fired.

Had he turned right, after my chat warning... open seas and he would be alive...

And via the Chat, he was "laughing" at my having been made pink, anyone caught out like this would be angry, right?

Please so not assume I am a n00b. I am not. I have accounts on all 4 game servers. I've seen it all from the earliest days of WoWs.

Trust me on this, it was done on purpose... he was nearly dead, time was nearly up... we were going to win regardless....

except...

Stats bashing in forums is frowned upon, but since your the one who brought up how you have accounts on every server, I had to have a peek.

Hate to say it, but you seem pretty n00b to me, no random battles, all your games on this server are co-op. 

It doesnt matter if you warned him in chat, the fact that you had warn him  to says that torps should not have been launched.

I mean, it was only co-op, why all the angst?

Alpha Tester
128 posts
3,235 battles

Being PINK is the only true sign of being an individual. A true Democratic self thinking individual, a true Western thinking person!

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 2:36 PM, drakon233 said:

as for having accounts on all 4 server... I call bullshit on that, no one with that much playtime would complain about torp TKs because they know better 

Couldn't agree more.

Only the noobs cry about being pink here on forums. Others pretty much know what they are doing and accept the consequences of accidents.

Super Tester
7,532 posts
7,978 battles
On 7/6/2018 at 1:47 AM, Kiwi1960 said:

except...

You may have account on all 4 servers, but here on SEA, you have 115 battles. Yes, you are a noob.

460 posts
8,276 battles

Your torpedoes, your responsibility.

Lets say there are people deliberately trying to be hit by friendly torps. If you put your fish where they couldn't hit friendlies they wouldn't be able to troll you by deliberately hitting them. If you put your torps in a place where there is a risk of hitting friendlies sometimes it will happen, whether they are trolls or not.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles

Well I think this thread has run its course.   99% of participants agree  its your own responsibility but a scumbag act if the other player did do it deliberately.

Anyway.  lets find something else to talk about as well like RNG or karma......You know.  These are the staple diet of the forum

10 posts
116 battles

Thing is, all everyone says is correct... the torps were my responsibility... 

in the real world.... would I come here and complain about it knowing how ANYONE that speaks out gets treated?

in the real world, if the other person was a decent play then he wouldn't have run into the torps... right?

Fact is, I know how many cretins play this game... Youtube is full of them... Jingles often posts about these people... like the one that kept on ramming an ally and then stupidly making out it was his victims fault...

I've put this down to a n00b... because anyone that plays this game SERIOUSLY enough to respect others players (like you all, right?????) would NEVER do such a thing.... would you? And you'd NEVER defend a person (like you have been) that appeared to do it on purpose.... right.... I'm sorry, I was there, you lot were not so you must side with the cretins.....why????

309 posts
4,060 battles
29 minutes ago, Kiwi1960 said:

Thing is, all everyone says is correct... the torps were my responsibility... 

in the real world.... would I come here and complain about it knowing how ANYONE that speaks out gets treated?

in the real world, if the other person was a decent play then he wouldn't have run into the torps... right?

Fact is, I know how many cretins play this game... Youtube is full of them... Jingles often posts about these people... like the one that kept on ramming an ally and then stupidly making out it was his victims fault...

I've put this down to a n00b... because anyone that plays this game SERIOUSLY enough to respect others players (like you all, right?????) would NEVER do such a thing.... would you? And you'd NEVER defend a person (like you have been) that appeared to do it on purpose.... right.... I'm sorry, I was there, you lot were not so you must side with the cretins.....why????

Can you conclude of what you are trying to say? And also fix your grammar. you are from Holland right?

341 posts
4,007 battles

From the looks of it noone is really putting you down or attacking you as a person. People are giving you a general common opinion that you should be responsible for your torpedoes and only fire them when you're completely clear of your allies or 100% sure they are aware.

On the other hand, making generalisations of us forum posters also won't give people the best opinion of you and calling many players "cretins" or claiming we side with them just due to this opinion is a bold claim and can definitely be perceived as an attack.

Since you have edited your post and claimed the player "gloated about making you pink" the simple things to do would be provide evidence and maybe even ticket WG.

And play safe with your torpedoes to avoid such a situation from repeating.

Edited by InterconKW

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,830 posts
4,110 battles
1 hour ago, Kiwi1960 said:

Ill bite.

Everyone....……………...EVERYONE in the thread has stated the same thing.   No one has insulted you or belittled you.    So how have you been treated?