Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IndominusWrath

Change the torpedo effect pls

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
58 posts
3,225 battles

I really hate when torpedoes really make Looooooooonnnngggggggg foam on its step, where torpedo should be totally stealth. and idk its a bug or not, but when you take eyes off it and look at it again, you see a gap on that torpedo trace. 

Wouldnt it be better if theres no trace for torpedo, and torpedo icon change from that triangle top of torp, into little circle around the torp?

.

Also, i saw in movies when a ship gets hit by torp, a huge boom happens ON the ship (in game it only little boom side of the ship) and a black smoke for a long time. I wish to see it in game too :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,848 battles
17 minutes ago, HawkPotato said:

and idk its a bug or not, but when you take eyes off it and look at it again, you see a gap on that torpedo trace. 

Probably not a bug but a method to save computing power by not rendering stuff you are not looking at anyway.

Other stuff like smoke from the ship funnels also do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,225 battles
12 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

Probably not a bug but a method to save computing power by not rendering stuff you are not looking at anyway.

Other stuff like smoke from the ship funnels also do this.

but i still want the smoke trace removal. current tracer sucks. tracer before sea foam update was better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Yes, WG should remove torpedo icon and reduce trace effect that will mathe game more "fun and engagement", i want really want snipe BB-CV with 20km torp again :cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,487 posts

IIRC,  the row of bubbles from the wake of torpedoes, were made by compressed air Being forced past the propellers as its motive force (or at least the earlier ones) & also the high speed movement of the torpedo & its propellers so close to the surface, so it couldn't be helped back then... Unsure of what they do now of course...... But seeing rows of bubbles coming towards you, won't change the outcome if they were correctly aimed at your ship.... It just makes you sweat more, knowing that they are certainly coming, like sirens on stukas..  & when you get a whole lot of them coming towards you........

 

 

unnamed.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
104 posts
9,031 battles
10 hours ago, HawkPotato said:

but i still want the smoke trace removal. current tracer sucks. tracer before sea foam update was better.

Agreed. New one looks horrible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,225 battles
6 hours ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

You do know that torps are not stealthy in WW2.   

 

this one and quite a small foam/tracer. the one we currently have is longer than 2 and a half Iowas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SIF]
Super Tester
3,832 posts
4,122 battles
15 minutes ago, HawkPotato said:

this one and quite a small foam/tracer. the one we currently have is longer than 2 and a half Iowas.

Lets talk about realism and the Yamato that scales to 1KM long in game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,225 battles
18 minutes ago, RalphTheTheatreCat said:

Lets talk about realism and the Yamato that scales to 1KM long in game?

Scaling is fairly okay. long af torpedo foam is disusting af. why you comparing some colors with a whole yamato now seriously?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
58 posts
3,225 battles

thats why im screaming so they can queue up something good before coming up with another Removed tech tree line :cap_haloween:

Post Modified, Inappropriate use of the word Cancer, User Sanctioned
~tc1259

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

Oh, and by the way - real life means there's no torpedo reloads either.

Have to return to port for more torps. 

IJN carried torpedoes, but i cannot imagine they could have been reloaded during battle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
82 posts
2,781 battles
13 hours ago, AntifoulAwl said:

Oh, and by the way - real life means there's no torpedo reloads either.

Have to return to port for more torps. 

IJN carried torpedoes, but i cannot imagine they could have been reloaded during battle.

The IJN sure did reload torpedoes during battle, well 3rd generation Fubuki's did anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
82 posts
2,781 battles

How about adding acoustic torpedo's to the German line? they did have them in 1943. :cap_fainting::etc_swear: what a hoot that would be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×