Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
stratmania

CV Squadron voices not working

2 comments in this topic

Super Tester
1,056 posts
9,020 battles

1. Description

CV squadron voices not activating upon various actions being completed (idling, taking off, being attacked, dropping enemies, etc)

2. Reproduction Steps

1. Take any CV into battle

2. Perform various actions such as taking off, idling, and commencing attacks with the squads.

3. Result

Utter silence apart from the faint hum of aircraft flying.

4. Expected Result

Squads should respond/chatter based on what actions were taken with the corresponding squad (e.g. squad 2 ready for takeoff on deck would say "Group 2, ready!", etc)

5. Technical Details

Time of occurence: around 23:30-00:20 UTC + 8

Attachments: 

python.log

DxDiag.txt

20180701_222845_PASA507-Saipan-1946_41_Conquest.wowsreplay (replay 1)

20180701_230534_PASA508-Enterprise_37_Ridge.wowsreplay (replay 2)

Edited by stratmania

5 posts

Ahoy Captain!

Please see my post on the NA forum here: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/165253-cv-squadron-sound-bug/

I've been doing the described procedure on every WoWs client start, and have been able to to keep my cv squadron sounds working about 95% of the time.  (Without the procedure, it's about 10% or so)   Procedure works best if done right after client is started, and is then followed by a cv game (either random or coop).  My experiences have been the same on all 4 servers and the PT (even though my ping is as high as 180 on SEA server)

While doing this 10 minute procedure gets dull after a few months, I find it's far better than losing the cv squadron sounds and having to continually restart the game client to get them back.

Please let me know if you have any new information to add!

Good Luck!

CMDR_Rookie (SEA)

Sign in to follow this