Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Paladinum

Possible future DD lines

3 comments in this topic

86 posts
4,804 battles

Breaking News: You can actually and easily do a Google search all about these ships!!! I just put them together!

For the Type 1938B and Type 1938A/Ac, visit:

https://www.german-navy.de/kriegsmarine/ships/destroyer/index.html

Alternative DD line for German Navy

All carry 150 mm (actual bore diameter 149.1 mm). Which I find very unique of the ships.

Generally they won't be much different from the current line. Except they won't be hunting DDs, instead, they will go out to annoy cruisers and burn down BBs.

Tier 6 (maybe, even I don't care much about this one)

1936A (Z25, Z28, Z29, Z30)

4x1 150 mm

Tier 7

1936A Mob                                                       

4x1 150 mm

Tier 8

1938B

2x2 150 mm, A-X

Type 1937J

5x1 150 mm

Tier 9

1938A/Ac

3x2 150 mm, A-<M-X

Very strange turret layout, with one in the middle of the ship, facing forward.

Tier 10

Spähkreuzer 1938                                              

5,7k ton, 3x2 150 mm, 2x5 TTs, A-XY

Estimated at 26k HP, this will be a beast of a DD. I honestly don't agree with calling Kapparoast or Harugumo "light cruisers" but I will let be people call this a light cruiser because the German classed them as such - "scout cruisers". Also quintuple tubes on a German ship! Yes! Torpedo reload time would be 112s, maybe the same torps on Z-52.

NOTE: There is also Type 1945, which is basically Z-52 with 4 turrets and would overkill anything and a worthy adversary for the Kapparoast and Harugumo. Not sure if she'll ever be in the game.

Alternative DD line for the USN

All about anti-surface combats. Mainly torpedoes. Since most of them carry single-purpose guns (SP) they should not and will not have DAAF.

This line is torpedo-focused so I put them together with their torpedo armament as the primary criterion for tiering.

Tier 7

Bagley-class

4x1 127 mm DP guns, 4x4 TTs (torpedo tubes) (2 each side), 36,8 kt

Gridley-class

4x1 127 mm DP guns, 4x4 TTs (2 each side), 38,5 kt

Tier 8

Benham-class

2x2 127 mm DP guns, 4x4 TTs (2 each side)

Tier 9

Porter-class

4x2 127 mm SP guns, 2x4 TTs (w/ reload, aka Torpedo Reload Booster)

Historically this class carried spare torps for reloading, so I think this ship in game should have TRB.

Tier 10

Somers-class

4x2 127 SP, 3x4 TTs

This is a massively amazing anti-ship combatant, but will have certain drawbacks such as low-ranged torps found on Fletcher. At least I think she should be in the game with Fletcher torps. Also she's much lighter than Gearing so expect a much lower HP pool. Trade-offs for 8 guns and 12 torpedo tubes.

I'd drool over a German DD line with 150 mm guns lol

Edited by Paladinum
Added a bunch of information and explanations.

1 post
On 6/29/2018 at 9:08 PM, Paladinum said:

Alternative DD line for the USN

All about anti-surface combats. Mainly torpedoes. Since most of them carry single-purpose guns (SP) they should not and will not have DAAF.

This line is torpedo-focused so I put them together with their torpedo armament as the primary criterion for tiering.

Tier 7

Bagley-class

4x1 127 mm DP guns, 4x4 TTs (torpedo tubes) (2 each side), 36,8 kt

Gridley-class

4x1 127 mm DP guns, 4x4 TTs (2 each side), 38,5 kt

Tier 8

Benham-class

2x2 127 mm DP guns, 4x4 TTs (2 each side)

Tier 9

Porter-class

4x2 127 mm SP guns, 2x4 TTs (w/ reload, aka Torpedo Reload Booster)

Historically this class carried spare torps for reloading, so I think this ship in game should have TRB.

Tier 10

Somers-class

4x2 127 SP, 3x4 TTs

This is a massively amazing anti-ship combatant, but will have certain drawbacks such as low-ranged torps found on Fletcher. At least I think she should be in the game with Fletcher torps. Also she's much lighter than Gearing so expect a much lower HP pool. Trade-offs for 8 guns and 12 torpedo tubes.

I thought of this before and I agree with you. But "Benham" has 4 127mm guns in single mounts, not in twin mounts.

Also, I suggest an alternative British DD line consisting of Destroyer leaders from different classes of destroyers like HMS Codrington from A-class (in game: T5 Acasta), HMS Grenville from G-class (in game: T6 Gallant) and etc....

86 posts
4,804 battles
3 hours ago, patrick_starcade said:

I thought of this before and I agree with you. But "Benham" has 4 127mm guns in single mounts, not in twin mounts.

I'm aware of this (long after I posted this thread) and will probably re-post a new and improved thread later.

Sign in to follow this