Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Eggy_Bro

A case for the IJN

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Member
38 posts
8,621 battles

(Disclaimer: This is my opinion. It is purely subjective. Take it as you will, but don't take it out of context. Also I will not be counting premium ships. So all you Asashio mains calm down.) 

So I, like basically every other weeb, started the game playing the IJN line. I've cut my teeth and ground my hours away to reach Shimakaze, Zao and Yamato. I have enjoyed my time with them, but over time, I find myself being drawn away from the IJN. These days, it just feels like every other tech tree can offer better alternatives at any tier (With some unique exceptions). 

 

Take the tier 6 Aoba for example. Back in the days when I first started, there were three other alternatives: Cleveland, Budyonny, Leander, Le Galissonniere and Nurnberg. Now, when we compare Aoba these ships, Cleveland provided a better fire rate and HE spammability. The newly balanced Pensacola boasts superior AP shell salvos at the same calibre. Budyonny brings better range, speed and shell velocity to the table, and Nurnberg brings 1/4 german HE penetration, higher fire rates and forward firing torps. Leander boasts heal, smoke and forward firing torps once again. And finally, I have not played Le Galissonniere enough to have an opinion on her. 

 

Now there are some exceptions. Fubuki's 10km torps are unmatched at tier 6 (Which is a great advantage especially when you get up-tiered to tier 8). Amagi is still fun to play. (And arguably superior to Izumo) Furutaka, being the first cruiser able to mount 203mm guns, is unmatched in her tier as well. (But is outclassed by Myoko in most cases with matched to tier 7 Yuro pls) There are some standouts but for a lot of the grind to the top, there are other ships from other tech trees that one would rather be playing. 

 

The issue which I can discern is, that the IJN cruiser and destroyer lines' sole distinguishing feature to wargaming is their torpedos. The problem with that is that torpedos are a very inconsistent damage dealing tool compared to guns. They do massive damage when they hit, but it is unlikely for more than two torpedos from a single salvo to actually hit. And that is when they are actually aimed properly on target. Additionally, these IJN torps have larger detection radii compared to other nations. So effectively, it is likely that in an average game, you won't actually be doing that much damage compared to other destroyer lines with faster torpedo launcher reloads. 

 

Now some will say that this is compensated by the IJN's better concealment values but this advantage is effectively nullified by the prevalence of cruisers with radar. It doesn't matter how well hidden you are. Once you try to contest a cap, some Worcester, Minotaur, Des Moines, Moskva, etc., etc., etc. will be waiting to spot, and annihilate you with their radar. (And that's only mentioning tier 10. Belfast please) On top of that, The IJN destroyers do not have the firepower in their guns to make use of their concealment advantage against enemy destroyers. Then there is Xatu with his gunboat Yuugumo that puts some Cleveland players to shame.

 

So compiling these issues, the lackluster gun firepower compared to other nations, reliance on an unreliable tool to deal damage, handling that feels inferior to other nations and concealment that doesn't really matter anymore, it's easy to see why one might get burned by playing the IJN tech tree lines. It just feels like they could be playing something better at that tier. 

 

Now to move on to why wargaming should make the IJN lines more fun to play. (Especially in Asia)

It is likely that most players in Asia (And a significant number from the rest of the world as well) will start out with the IJN tech tree. If they start playing with a line that feels inherently inferior to every other line in the game, they will get burned, and they will tab out of the game. I myself know many friends who have played WoWs only to quit, having started, then burning out on the IJN line. This effect trickles down, as these burned players then share their experiences with their friends, turning them off from WoWs. 

I stayed because halfway down the tech tree, I took a break from the IJN line to play the German line. And it turned out to be so much more fun and engaging to play. But had I stayed stubbornly on the IJN line, I would likely have burned out and left as well. (I now own a sizable fleet. And I'm happy where I stand)

Wargaming should make the IJN line more fun to play. How would be another question which I do not have the answer to yet, but making the IJN line at least fun to play (NOT Overpowered), would help to draw in and retain new players which decide to start with the IJN line. These new players who stay longer could then potentially become paying players, buying doubloons for premium camo and premium ships, earning Wargaming more money. (And isn't that what business is all about?) 

 

This is my case to make the IJN more fun to play. I'm not asking for a direct buff. That may not solve the problem. Radar is definitely out of the question given the current state of the game and lowering citadels is not the way to go either. Asia is very much a growing market for gaming, with a lot of potential for revenue. America may be louder online, but the rest of the world happens to have more actual money to spend. One would spend money on a game, but only if it was fun. And because most of us have little time, we go off our first impressions. And if our first impression happens to be poor, it is unlikely that we'll come back. 

 

This has been a bit of a rant. Now I know a lot of people will be inclined to disagree. That I understand and accept. But the ultimate point I'm trying to make is that Wargaming should make the IJN lines more fun to grind and play. And not just the top tier ships. This may cost them their egos, but will definitely pay back the debt with interest. 

Thank you for your time. 

Sincerely, 

Eggy_Bro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
38 posts
8,621 battles
2 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Unpopular Opinion:

The IJN line is fine. 

They're not steeped in  G I M M I C K S, and mastering them will give you good skills to counter people who rely on G I M M I C K S to win.

Aye. Going back to the IJN ships, they are fun after 'git-ing gud'. But as a newbie, I detested playing that line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
455 posts
8,038 battles
15 minutes ago, Eggy_Bro said:

It is likely that most players in Asia (And a significant number from the rest of the world as well) will start out with the IJN tech tree. If they start playing with a line that feels inherently inferior to every other line in the game, they will get burned, and they will tab out of the game.

GOOD, Im already tired of weeb-trash grinding the shimakaze just because its "their waifu" and then sucking the fun out of my games by being utterly useless.

Also, apart from the IJN DD line- whose competitiveness against other dds is an eternal debate, all other lines are just as good, if not better than other nation lines. IJN BBs are pretty consistent and Yamato is still one of the strongest t10 ships. IJN CA don't have gimmicks like many other lines but they still have good firepower and the best stealth right after RNCLs. Concealment is one of the strongest attributes in the game, and no, radar does not make concealment obsolete.
As for IJN CV  line, well how many Midways do we see in KOTS?

IF new players are getting frustrated when grinding the IJN line, its more likely that its simply due to their inexperience and the same would have happened if they grind any other line first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
218 posts
11,488 battles

Taking a backseat(more like on a bed) on my ibuki. Used to grind IJN BB's like madman just to get nagato.  :cap_book:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
38 posts
8,621 battles
10 hours ago, Adm_Kunkka said:

GOOD, Im already tired of weeb-trash grinding the shimakaze just because its "their waifu" and then sucking the fun out of my games by being utterly useless.

Also, apart from the IJN DD line- whose competitiveness against other dds is an eternal debate, all other lines are just as good, if not better than other nation lines. IJN BBs are pretty consistent and Yamato is still one of the strongest t10 ships. IJN CA don't have gimmicks like many other lines but they still have good firepower and the best stealth right after RNCLs. Concealment is one of the strongest attributes in the game, and no, radar does not make concealment obsolete.
As for IJN CV  line, well how many Midways do we see in KOTS?

IF new players are getting frustrated when grinding the IJN line, its more likely that its simply due to their inexperience and the same would have happened if they grind any other line first

I'm of the opinion that nurturing new players and helping them learn is an overall better option for growing and maintaining the player base. But I get where you're coming from. Cue <content removed> montage. Hell you can easily find some clueless bb player sniping from the blue line almost every game. (But clueless bb players can be seen from all nation tech trees)

 

Insults/Derogatory Comments. Post Edited. User Sanctioned.

~ADM_dude

 

Edited by ADM_dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
38 posts
8,621 battles
10 minutes ago, Ryuuoh_DeltaPlus said:

Unpopular Opinion:

The IJN line is fine. 

They're not steeped in  G I M M I C K S, and mastering them will give you good skills to counter people who rely on G I M M I C K S to win.

Hence why I do not want them to do something like lower the cits or add radar. There is a non-gimmick way to 'fix' the IJN lines. I just don't have the answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
360 posts
3,693 battles

I think quite a number of IJN ship had been nerfed. A good example. Zao been nerf so many but it still a good ship if one know how to use it.

WG is too rich to care about the player base. That why new players come and go. Old players left the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
225
[151ST]
Member
1,012 posts
4,505 battles

IJN BBs are IMO some of the most well rounded in the game, the only one I didn't love was Izumo...

BBs aside...

Ok BBs and CVs aside.

IJN doesn't have a gimmick in a game of gimmicks. Their 'gimmick' used to be big torps and big guns before anyone else.

This is now pointless... So while they can still be strong ships at tier, if you were to look at 'best' in tier, outside some niches, not really. (And if we're brutally honest, Atago and Zao are really the only niche picks).

It's classic WG... Power-creep is the name of the game...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
7,534 posts
7,978 battles

The way I see it is, IJN CV and BB lines are pretty strong throughout the tiers. IJN CAs are meh at best. They suffer from low dps ratings. IJN DDs are usually one trick pony and almost every other DD lines (apart from VMF) can do better as well.

I cant say much about CVs, but other three classes are very boring for IJN.

Edited by icy_phoenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
233 posts
13,956 battles

One word to describe what happened to IJN: Powercreep.

What was once the domain of the IJN has gone to other nations. I'm not going to bother writing a thesis here on what has gone horribly wrong for the IJN lines as I would rather go sink some bots.

But take this away: IJN CV is still good because the only competition out there is USN CV. The other lines are full of competition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
1,340 posts
8,832 battles

The IJN BB line is still pretty solid throughout.

The CA line too, though the French have dethroned the IJN CAs as HE spammers and firestarters. Imo now the IJN CAs are kinda like the jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none, because whatever specific aspect the IJN CA are good at, another nation does better. Doesn't mean they are weak though. While they have no real strengths now, they have no real weaknesses either.

IJN DDs suffer from being too one-dimensional. You are a stealthy torp boat and that's it. You can't do anything else. And even as a torp boat other nations like USN and Pan-Asia can be better than you are. It doesn't help that torps are inherently inconsistent as well. If I were to sum up IJN DDs in one word, it would be inconsistent. It is either feast or famine with them. You either get tons of damage, or you finish the game with just a couple of ribbons and less than 10k damage.

As for IJN CVs they are pretty good, though I would say it is less them being good and more like the USN CVs are weak. A good Hiryuu or Shoukaku can at least hold their own against a Kaga/Saipan or Enterprise/Graf Zeppelin, while the Ranger and Lexington just get wrecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
233 posts
13,956 battles
8 minutes ago, Thyaliad said:

IJN DDs suffer from being too one-dimensional. You are a stealthy torp boat and that's it. You can't do anything else. And even as a torp boat other nations like USN and Pan-Asia can be better than you are. It doesn't help that torps are inherently inconsistent as well. If I were to sum up IJN DDs in one word, it would be inconsistent. It is either feast or famine with them. You either get tons of damage, or you finish the game with just a couple of ribbons and less than 10k damage.

It says something when the socalled "gunboat" line outperforms the "torpedo" line when dishing out punishment in torpedoes....

The cruiser line suffers from the lack of range/rate of fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SGC]
Member
197 posts
10,276 battles

i'm a cruiser main, so i can't really say much about the other ship types.

Kitakaze and Harugumo are coming to complete the IJN "Gunboat" DD line, so it all works out.

BBs are alright, CVs dominate over their US counterparts tier-for-tier.

 

Now, the IJN cruisers...

As a guy who has played over 5600 MATCHES on the IJN cruiser line (between 600-900 matches from tier 3-X each), here's my take:

As it stands the IJN cruiser line is a jack-of-all-trades line that demands quick reflexes and a lot of guts to use effectively.

The shorter gun range forces the player to engage the enemy closer than the other lines, but is compensated by good stealth and mobility second only to DDs.

It's a very active line. You're constantly on the move, so they can actually be pretty exciting to use if you know what you're doing.

Gonna recommend mastering WASD hax and using Incoming Fire Alert.

 

Low tiers:

  • Hashidate and Chikuma can be written off (cause their t1 and t2, meh :3)
  • Tenryu and Kuma are monsters, but only if you know how to play them properly.
    • In my most humble opinion, mastering these two CLs is the first step to being good in the entire line, because of two reasons
      • Familiarize w their mobility: high speed and agility are both your best weapons and armor as an IJN cruiser.
      • Familiarize w gun range: you will learn to engage enemies at close-to-mid range (7-12 km)
  • I'm not saying you need to be extremely good at them before u go to the next tier. Just keep one or both of them and play with them often in-between your grind towards the higher tiers. Low tier BBs are generally inaccurate, and DDs are still quite fragile at this bracket so it's a good learning environment for training your reflexes and mental strength. Mental strength meaning being able to keep ur cool and not crack under pressure when several ships focus fire on you and come out alive.

 

Mid tiers:

  • Furutaka and Aoba are great ships at top tier, okay at mid tier, but hard to use at bottom tier
    • This is due to their lack of gun range (13.9 for Furu, 14.9 for Aoba)
      • heck this is already a godsend from 13.1 Furu, 14.6 Aoba back then iirc
    • T5-6 are in an awkward position due to the higher number of players in T7-8, so it's normal to be mid/bottom tier constantly.
      • But if you did your homework with Tenryu and Kuma, well... time to put those skills to the test.
      • Best feature would be the high-alpha 203mm guns. The only other cruiser w them at this tier bracket is Pensacola.
  • Myoko is great :3
    • Good firepower and mobility, decent AA for self-defense and 6 torps per side
    • Downside is the turret traverse.
    • Teaches player to be more efficient in their movements so they can maintain as many guns as they can on the target while constantly on the move.

 

High tiers:

  • Mogami is bae. Great if top, can hold her own in TX matches
    • 155mm IFHE mogami is bae
    • incredible firepower while maintaining great mobility, not to mention 9.3km concealment
    • downside is the short, 15.8km gun range. But as I said - if you did your homework with tenryu to myoko, this is not an issue at all.
  • Ibuki is awkward. Usable, but awkward.
    • basically a beefier version of 203mm mogami but with better torp angles, slightly better AA, and now with heal
    • can be specced for long range, but shell speed is the same 840 m/s, way too slow for this tier making it much harder to hit targets.
    • dont forget to mention 15s reload.
    • definitely needs a reload buff.
  • Zao is great :3
    • no weaknesses, basically a great all-rounder ship. great guns, mobility, stealth, as always.
    • now even better with 12km torps :3
    • guess the only true weaknesses would be the low DPM and poor torp angles.
  • The high tiers are great at early game, they are currently the only cruiser line that can sail as close as 4km away from the allied DD for gun support even in open water. Once again, if u did ur homework w the previous tiers, being the closest ship to the enemy aside from the DD wont be an issue.

 

So, to summarize, the IJN cruiser line is pure "vanilla" - no real gimmicks, but has some hidden advantages over other lines.

  • Low DPM, but has highly accurate guns, high HE fire chance and high dmg per salvo
  • Shorter gun range, but better concealment, speed and agility. You can sneak through flanks and be in places the where enemy does not want you to be
  • And the long-range torps

 

Edited by seiji09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
161 posts
5,905 battles
13 hours ago, Eggy_Bro said:

Now to move on to why wargaming should make the IJN lines more fun to play. (Especially in Asia)

It is likely that most players in Asia (And a significant number from the rest of the world as well) will start out with the IJN tech tree. If they start playing with a line that feels inherently inferior to every other line in the game, they will get burned, and they will tab out of the game. I myself know many friends who have played WoWs only to quit, having started, then burning out on the IJN line. This effect trickles down, as these burned players then share their experiences with their friends, turning them off from WoWs. 

I stayed because halfway down the tech tree, I took a break from the IJN line to play the German line. And it turned out to be so much more fun and engaging to play. But had I stayed stubbornly on the IJN line, I would likely have burned out and left as well. (I now own a sizable fleet. And I'm happy where I stand)

Wargaming should make the IJN line more fun to play. How would be another question which I do not have the answer to yet, but making the IJN line at least fun to play (NOT Overpowered), would help to draw in and retain new players which decide to start with the IJN line. These new players who stay longer could then potentially become paying players, buying doubloons for premium camo and premium ships, earning Wargaming more money. (And isn't that what business is all about?) 

 

This is my case to make the IJN more fun to play. I'm not asking for a direct buff. That may not solve the problem. Radar is definitely out of the question given the current state of the game and lowering citadels is not the way to go either. Asia is very much a growing market for gaming, with a lot of potential for revenue. America may be louder online, but the rest of the world happens to have more actual money to spend. One would spend money on a game, but only if it was fun. And because most of us have little time, we go off our first impressions. And if our first impression happens to be poor, it is unlikely that we'll come back. 

Might as well input something. :fish_cute_2:

I still have this idea, that the concept of fun is a purely subjective matter. Part of it doesn't ties to only the performace of a paticualar line or nation alone, but how that line might appeal to individuals. Just like tiger tank syndrome in WoT, or that Thunder game.

Making a line more fun will still very depended on each player, and a very objective approach to this issue might be near impossible to reach.

We can't satisfy everyone.

I started of with IJN the same as you, because I don't have interests in USN ships. I played BB, CA and DD. Zao is the only T10 Japanese I have but just a recent addition to my port, after my Hburg sitting in my port with 4m+ ship's xp. 

It isn't like that they're bad ships, I understand how strong the line can be if played properly, I just don't enjoy them as my Germans. Unlike you, I'm fully converted to the KM, slowly stopping IJNs, one line at a time.

Out of the 3 lines, I enjoy CA line the most. Where Mogami still remained as my most sucessful ship on T8 ranked battles.

When 6.8, I stopped grinding IJN BBs. I don't like the passive playstyle of high tier IJN BBs. Part of it might be because my Amagi performance is subpar compared to Bismarck or Tirpitz. Later IJN DDs when they nerf the borderline OP Mutsuki and introduced the gunbote line, I never have the urge to go back and grind Ducc. I find it hard to influence the match with IJN with my playstyles. Now, I just play them sometimes.

10 hours ago, Exiaa said:

no u

Aqua wai

324187042970075136.png?v=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[KGHSF]
Member
3,203 posts
6,030 battles
18 minutes ago, HeidimarieW said:

324187042970075136.png?v=1

It's seem Mrs.Tofu want to be cooked on my dinner 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Well, IJN is being powercreep hard is true

-IJN BB  kind of support BB, not brawler, the only noticeable thing about them is the gun, anything else is meh, even though at the begin, IJN BB line supposed to be have be have better secondary while AA weaker than USN line, also have better alpha for both HE-AP, but now the only advantage  of them compare to same tier is only gun caliber.

-Cruiser line, they use to be better than US line since anything above cleveland just meh. Now, they still work fine, but don't have anything really special except they have useable torpedo, but then as a usable "torpedo cruiser" Mino just better than Zao even with new tor (nearly 3 minute reload, kappa)

-DD, use to be fun, but they dead since WG revamp the whole line (Akizuki was noticeable though). Defenseless, being chased by anything, their torpedo not even that good  compare to USN,  and concealment not work in this radar meta, well they just not work.

-CV, there are only 2 line in this game, and it impossible to balance them, so it like infinity loop between USN better>USN get nerfed >IJN better>US buffed/IJN nerfed>USN better>then repeat . Compare to USN line, they have very little change since beta, so the current situation is cause by WG  keep  try to balance CV line over and over, but fail and it turn into a mess like now.

Edited by K135Blitzkrieg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
233 posts
13,956 battles
7 hours ago, K135Blitzkrieg said:

-IJN BB  kind of support BB, not brawler, the only noticeable thing about them is the gun, anything else is meh, even though at the begin, IJN BB line supposed to be have be have better secondary while AA weaker than USN line, also have better alpha for both HE-AP, but now the only advantage  of them compare to same tier is only gun caliber.

-Cruiser line, they use to be better than US line since anything above cleveland just meh. Now, they still work fine, but don't have anything really special except they have useable torpedo, but then as a usable "torpedo cruiser" Mino just better than Zao even with new tor (nearly 3 minute reload, kappa)

-DD, use to be fun, but they dead since WG revamp the whole line (Akizuki was noticeable though). Defenseless, being chased by anything, their torpedo not even that good  compare to USN,  and concealment not work in this radar meta, well they just not work.

-CV, there are only 2 line in this game, and it impossible to balance them, so it like infinity loop between USN better>USN get nerfed >IJN better>US buffed/IJN nerfed>USN better>then repeat . Compare to USN line, they have very little change since beta, so the current situation is cause by WG  keep  try to balance CV line over and over, but fail and it turn into a mess like now.

Spot on and I'm going to add a little bit more. Disclaimer: This applies to T6 and above. I do not care for seal clubbing.

not going to say much about BBpotatoes since your typical bb player just sits at range and trade fire.

CV basically are all about whether you are a unicum CV player or not.

Now, the interesting bits: cruisers and destroyers. These two are the workhorses of a team. They plug gaps that battleships cannot perform effectively: scout/suppression/hunt/harass. And remember, you cannot cause damage if you cannot hit the target, which means range _IS_ important.
In the days of USN vs IJN cruisers, in general you had two choices: DPM/AA vs stealth/speed/unexpected torpedoes. Let's not talk about radar in high tiers yet.
Torpedoes are an IJN gimmick because they can cause huge damage. However, they are useless if they do not hit and their reload times is questionable. Given these days there is tendency away from CQC, it devalues their usefulness. So let's put it as a so-so use.
Stealth (and manuverablity) has gone to RN cruisers. Whilst their range is worse than IJN, they make it up by being able to creep up far better to use their torpedoes/guns.
Speed (dodging) has gone to France and they have range as well.
On the other side: USN cruisers still maintain dominance in their DPM/AA. Rate of Fire is always king because it allows correction if you miss.
So, IJN cruisers have been pushed out of their niches. Yes, you might say, their AP is still godly. Only if your target is stupid enough to show a huge broadside and you are lucky enough that your 13-15s reload is done. IJN cruisers cannot response quick enough to situational changes.
Which brings us to the Zao which was a little special. She used to have terrible torpedos. Yes, good damage but can you get them to hit because their arcs and range are shit. (Yay for 12km torps now) But her she did have a gimmick in the past. She could stealth fire. Ah. the days of stealth firing... you could count the number of ships that could do that on one hand. Which means a Zao could harrass and disrupt from the flanks if the other team was dumb enough not to pay attention. Sadly, her gift was unceremoniously taken away from here.
So now we have a line that: due to the straight shell arcs cannot take advantage of island cover well, has questionable gun range, is a prime steak target for aircraft, has to operate out wide in the open, is a iffy destroyer hunter due to the lack of RoF, is unforgiving with her guns, is going to be the #2 target because of her crunchiness and ease to hint (after Mr. Minotaur/Des/Sauce). So where is the fun?

And now for the IJN dd line which is going to be rather shorter:
IJN dds had one gimmick: nasty torpedoes. IJN dds also have one anti-gimmick: Guns that basically are peashooters.
The days of USN vs IJN dds: You chose gunnery vs stealth/torpeodes
As of today, gunnery is spread all over the place, long range, miniguns and USN doesn't have total dominance but they still have RoF on their side.
IJN: THERE IS NO GUNBOAT LINE UNTIL T8 (and upcoming T9/10). Their stealth has been challenged by Pan-asia. Their heavy reliance on torpedoes have been nerfed twice: Slower torpedoes and removal of simultaneous torpedo reload booster and smoke from everything but akizuki (and she has it only because she has ONE launcher). And oh yes, don't let me rant about the n00blord RPF skill. That negates half of stealth.
So what is an IJN dd going to do with a team that keeps on screaming "CAP CAP CAP"?
Try to cap: Get microwaved
Try to fight back: Outgunned
Try to spot from flank: Get screwed by team for "not playing like a dd/capping/etc"
Try to hide and torp when an opportunity arises: "get reported by team for not playing well", and also may waste time, have to be patient.

So in conclusion: IJN cruisers/destroyers - still playable but moved to expert tier. Not fun to play.

/end rant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Super Tester
1,397 posts
13,384 battles
On 6/30/2018 at 12:13 AM, seiji09 said:

So, to summarize, the IJN cruiser line is pure "vanilla" - no real gimmicks, but has some hidden advantages over other lines.

  • Low DPM, but has highly accurate guns, high HE fire chance and high dmg per salvo
  • Shorter gun range, but better concealment, speed and agility. You can sneak through flanks and be in places the where enemy does not want you to be
  • And the long-range torps
2

other than concealment part. French just do everything better:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Member
56 posts
8,335 battles
14 hours ago, R3negade said:

other than concealment part. French just do everything better

true :smugface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SGC]
Member
197 posts
10,276 battles
On 7/1/2018 at 12:58 AM, R3negade said:

other than concealment part. French just do everything better:Smile_teethhappy:

can't say you're wrong XD

EDIT: By the way, R3, nice signature :cap_like:

Edited by seiji09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×