Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
yobbo1972

So got this the other day

29 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

So I signed in the other day and this popped up....

I had no idea why I was being punished  or what I had done wrong in the first place,  I wasn't pink and I wasn't chat banned.

I had no communication from WG at all as to why I was being punished but one thing I do know is that I couldn't win battles and RNG wasn't on my side as I couldn't set fires or get citadels on enemy ships.

I couldn't even get above a 50% win rate and I have had nothing but losing days. I would win one then lose one and it didn't matter what ship or tier I played, it was the same, win one lose one.

Hence why my win rate has dropped.

so it just goes to show that WG has a punishment system within the game and that it will make you lose with the help of MM and RNG .

People say MM is just random..... well no its not random,  MM will and does hand pick teams, I could tell when I was giving the bad teams just by the way the players went about it and the tactics they use which are losing tactics( yeah I've played the game enough to know what works and what doesn't work and how the bad players sail their ships)

MM can and will pick your team for you and just like RNG will be against you. RNG will make sure you cant set fires or get citadels on enemy ships but the enemy  can set many fires on your ship and citadel you very easily. 

talk about rigging the game, well played WG for not telling us about that one hey.

and before you lot start with your tin hat stuff(cuz I know you will) if you cant notice when RNG is in your favour or  when it is against you, or when you are given the bad player just by the way they play within the fist min of the battle then you need to wake up and take more notice of what's going on in the game.

I have experienced it so I know what I am talking about and as you can see I have the screen shot to prove it as well as my stats.

shot-18.06.28_16.56.08-0014.jpg

Beta Tester
908 posts

Same thing with me yesterday. I dont even know why I got the message. 

Couldnt get a win in my seattle. Logged off after a few games. Cbf wasting time and effort in stacked games. 

Went to play fortnite instead. 

My approach to this game. See stacked games not in your favour after 2-3 games. Just log off and do something else. I won't be buying any more premium time or anything else from now on. The MM is not random. You see it in ranked games you see it time and time in random. You literally experience it in the RNG in game. I have played over 20,000 battles since closed beta. I dont magically forget how to shoot. There is no consistency in this game when your consistent yourself. 

Edited by SlamUez

Beta Tester
908 posts

Whats also interesting is maybe that message was suppose to be the hidden mechanic. But it was bugged and displayed accidently. 

The other bugs I saw were previously completed missions being redisplayed. But cleared up after a game. 

Next test. When you see that message, take notice of your teams and RNG. Bring out a conq and see how many fires you can set in a game. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles
7 minutes ago, TE_Deathskyz said:

It's because someone reported you Yobbo. That's why your RNG is bad.

you still here?:cap_cool:

just about forgot about you lol

but nice to see you still around :Smile_great:

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles
39 minutes ago, SlamUez said:

Same thing with me yesterday. I dont even know why I got the message. 

Couldnt get a win in my seattle. Logged off after a few games. Cbf wasting time and effort in stacked games. 

Went to play fortnite instead. 

My approach to this game. See stacked games not in your favour after 2-3 games. Just log off and do something else. I won't be buying any more premium time or anything else from now on. The MM is not random. You see it in ranked games you see it time and time in random. You literally experience it in the RNG in game. I have played over 20,000 battles since closed beta. I dont magically forget how to shoot. There is no consistency in this game when your consistent yourself. 

well yes

just like one battle you can set 15 fires and then the next battle you might set 2 fires if you are lucky.

that's the biggest thing about the game, no consistency at all. if it was consistent it would be fine.

I was in a iowa one battle and was set on fire 2 times and won the battle and yes I was shot at by a zao 

next battle same ships facing the same ships and I was set on fire 12 times and yes lost the battle.

just like some days you can pick a ship that will win lots of battles and then the next day you cant win in that ship at all.

I  had  a day where I got 11 win out of 13 battles in a ship and then the next day lost the first 2  battles in the same ship and so didn't play that ship again.

its like every day the game gives each ship a rating and that will be the win rate for that ship for that day.

just like if you are winning battles each battle then gets harder and RNG gets harder as well. 

its at a stage now where players should be able to tell when RNG is on your side or when it isn't on your side

104 posts
9,031 battles

Here's a fact:

There's no such thing as true randomness in digital systems, and even in real life, you see that trends exist even in random events. That's how people can cheat at cards. 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yep and you can see RNG fixing battles with one team having Good RNG and the other team getting bad RNG hence the one sided battles of 12-0 

360 posts
3,693 battles

I commented before. The damn MM is scripted to make you lost and win for certain number of games you played. If you get reported, i think you be scripted to lost even more battles. As someone point out if you lost 2-3 battles continuously, log off and do something else. Play other games.

I myself is a paying customer. I paid over $500 usd over the years i played and i see wow is going down. Till now i refused to take out a single cent for this game. Playing WOW is not enjoyable as last time. It so frustrating and unrewarding. 

Edited by th3vikings

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,587 battles

well i got the message last week, didnt tk anyone didn't afk anything

3 minutes ago, th3vikings said:

I commented before. The damn MM is scripted to make you lost and win for certain number of games you played. If you get reported, i think you be scripted to lost even more battles. As someone point out if you lost 2-3 battles continuously, log off and do something else. Play other games.A

I myself is a paying customer. I paid off $500usd over the years i played and i see wow is going down. Playing WOW is not enjoyable as laat time. It so frustrating and unrewarding. 

sadly game is like this nowadays, either you get into team that get steamrolled after 5min or in team that steamrolled enemy in 5min..its not fun anymore if i have to say

limit myself not playing much anymore these days, love this game but kinda horrible playing with other humans 

360 posts
3,693 battles
27 minutes ago, ahwai82 said:

well i got the message last week, didnt tk anyone didn't afk anything

sadly game is like this nowadays, either you get into team that get steamrolled after 5min or in team that steamrolled enemy in 5min..its not fun anymore if i have to say

limit myself not playing much anymore these days, love this game but kinda horrible playing with other humans 

Yes mate. With now the decreasing population of dd due to the radar meta. Everywhere you go is radar. Each team get about 2 dd and dd die so quickly. So the team with no dd get steam rollled in less than 5 mins.

Last time i used to play 4-5 hr of wow. Now less than 3 battles, less than a hour. Or sometimes i just don't play at all. I played other more enjoyable games.

Edited by th3vikings

316 posts
4,646 battles

"WG hates me, they made me lose my last 10 games!" alive and well I see.

Yes, it is theoretically possible that MM can assign specific players to teams which are more likely to lose. 

That would imply WG has programmed MM with the history of all players involved and developed the algorithms to predict from that how to arrange the rosters to guarantee the match result. There is no evidence suggesting MM does anything of the sort however. (Lord knows I've been there looking.)

The truth hurts but there you go: players are not as consistent as they think they are. Tiredness, overconfidence, wrong approach, loss of concentration. There's a reason you can usually break a losing streak by dropping the game for a bit and coming back later, and it's nothing to do with MM scripts.

Edited by Rina_Pon

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles
1 hour ago, Rina_Pon said:

"WG hates me, they made me lose my last 10 games!" alive and well I see.

Yes, it is theoretically possible that MM can assign specific players to teams which are more likely to lose. 

That would imply WG has programmed MM with the history of all players involved and developed the algorithms to predict from that how to arrange the rosters to guarantee the match result. There is no evidence suggesting MM does anything of the sort however. (Lord knows I've been there looking.)

The truth hurts but there you go: players are not as consistent as they think they are. Tiredness, overconfidence, wrong approach, loss of concentration. There's a reason you can usually break a losing streak by dropping the game for a bit and coming back later, and it's nothing to do with MM scripts.

MM does hand pick teams to lose just like RNG will favour one side over the other and you get the one sided battles that end up 12-0 

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yeah the game is not as enjoyable as it use to be 

radar has killed it a fair bit

reason they come up with radar is because 90% of players had no idea how to deal with DDs and just sailed in straight lines and died and thus complained about to much DD so WG come up with Radar but too mnay radars now and it has killed the game a bit.

I tend to see better players at lower tiers now as there is no radar or very few radars.

most are now playing tiers 5-7 as you wont see as many radar ships.

[LYNMF]
990 posts
11,587 battles
2 hours ago, yobbo1972 said:

yeah the game is not as enjoyable as it use to be 

radar has killed it a fair bit

reason they come up with radar is because 90% of players had no idea how to deal with DDs and just sailed in straight lines and died and thus complained about to much DD so WG come up with Radar but too mnay radars now and it has killed the game a bit.

I tend to see better players at lower tiers now as there is no radar or very few radars.

most are now playing tiers 5-7 as you wont see as many radar ships.

playing solo all the time its much worst, not only get uptiered alot have to face div as well

im not a super duper great player that can carry any match, add all the disadvantage its always defeat everyday 

solo plus me noob i have no place in the game anymore

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

its not easy to play this game 

a lot of things have to go your way to be able to win

being in a Div helps as when one player has bad RNG the other 2 can still carry the game.

I would easy to you to play  at lower tiers more like tier 4-6 and learn more about the game 

learn to stay alive more angle more and kite away from the enemy when needed.

watch flamu on youtube and noster you can learn of them pretty well on how to play the game etc

Alpha Tester
1,637 posts
7,230 battles

You may find this interesting. It uses maths, not supposition.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/122081-wows-enjoyment-lanchesters-law-matchmaking-mm-team-balance-strategies/

I found it in the WoT forum, but it originates from Wows.

Beta Tester
1,566 posts
12,938 battles

yeah sounds good

but it doesn't take in to affect RNG and RNG can have a massive affect on the battle  when one team cant hit anything and the other team doesn't miss.

13 posts
6,369 battles

This is absolutely spot on!

I keep getting put on losing teams, I'll win my end of a domination battle, turn around and discover that the rest of the numptys have all gotten themselves killed.  You'd expect it to happen occasionally but when it happens game after game it's a bit much.  It's incredibly frustrating. 

Now I've just logged on to discover I've been given a 3 match teamkiller status because my connection dropped out at the start of a game last night and I've been penalised for leaving the game early!  Come on! 

I mean I've gotten that status before because numptys have driven under my guns while I'm engaging a target in binocular mode, and I've received that status because some of these idiots repeatedly run into me, but this is the first time I've got it for literally doing nothing.

Sign in to follow this