You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pratik2311

So many radar in game ...

18 comments in this topic

4 posts
10,949 battles

Hi, 

I am playing this game from 2015 

That time 1 or 2 radar ships exist 

Now this days wg puting all radar ca + radar dd as well that ruins conventional dd play.

Gearing dont have hydro or radar 

Z52 does have hydro but low dpm aginst yuyang + add this if you spoted then 6 ca will radar you even mino like to play radar and you know what when mino radar pops up you are so dead ... Plz that was not fun ...atleat that shuld be nurf .. and number of radar ship increase.

I played this game in stealth fire but that time it was not that hard but now ....

No explanation 

fan of this game since i started 

Now think wg ruins it  day by day.

Update is good chances are good but dont change that much.... 

Some of old player losing interest 

Regard 

Pratik2311

Edited by pratik2311

294 posts
2,997 battles

The radar issue is being highlighted constantly both by CCs and in the Q/A with the devs. But, at the moment, devs seem reluctant to do anything about it. Even the dropping DD population is conveniently explained away by stating "Oh it's the new US line. Wait a few months and the population balance will be back.". Funny enough, those ships haven't even been released, yet the dds are far and few already. Logical deduction would conclude that the radar is already overwhelmingly toxic enough. But nope, keep calm and sit in the back until radar ships are dead. The radar meta, like any other OP meta before it[smoke, stealth fire] will take its toll before devs will wake up.

Edited by LonerPrime

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles

The meta isn't great atm, the proliferation of radar has caused a lack of DD's, and that causes static games where the cruisers and BB's need to cap but won't, or one-sided games where a lot of the DD's die fast and one team has a significant advantage.

It's never been more difficult to play as a DD in high tiers, regardless of your skill level.

There's a lot of noise about this, including from CC's, so it's more than likely adjustments will be made.  I would guess that there will be some sort of 'radar rebalance' to make it less powerful before the RN DD's come out on the 20 September.

1,126 posts
17 minutes ago, LordTyphoon said:

Im loving the radar. 

Separates the boys from the men playing DDs these days. 

if being men is die fast/first, I'd rather be a boy  :D

a living dog is useful than dead lion.

348 posts
7,089 battles

I still main DD, be f-cked if im letting a few radar's stop me. Its very enjoyable when you make a radar ship take a few torps up the radar port xD!

318 posts
6,871 battles

Radar is an issue, but if you now the ships that have it and their radar range, learn to bait it. Also destroyers don't need to yolo into a cap, guaranteed that as soon as the cap starts to flip the radar will be turned on and you're too deep in the cap to retreat unscathed and more than likely you will be sunk. 

237 posts
13,995 battles
12 minutes ago, Kamanah said:

Also destroyers don't need to yolo into a cap, guaranteed that as soon as the cap starts to flip the radar will be turned on and you're too deep in the cap to retreat unscathed and more than likely you will be sunk. 

The problem is with the ships behind you screaming "DD CAP! CAP!" etc2 that think they can play a better dd than you. The hard pressured life of a dd.

[AMPOL]
Beta Tester
177 posts
6,442 battles

I'd just be happy if MM took radar into account as part of the balance, it's difficult to compete with 4 v 1 radar boats in a domination match, at least for me.

My fav ship is the Mino and I don't care how many radars as long as both sides are equal.

Last night 6 games with 1 loss, we often had the extra radar, tonight 2 games both times enemy had extra radars, both domination, both a loss, time to log and pay someone else for their game :)

No I didn't die in either game as I planned to be radared when I smoked, but it's kinda hard to win those matches.

Balance the radar per side already, we can wait for new fancy stuff, fix the current issues then make things pretty. 

I believe WG have said they don't plan to use a module as a sorting criteria for MM, and I'm sure if all you play is BB's that's fine, try it in cruisers or god help em, the dd's atm, the couple you see now and then, /em shakes head at WG. 

[LYNMF]
991 posts
11,614 battles

next round 2 more ijn dd release then bb complain too much dd

next round italian cruiser dd complain too much cruiser

next round russian bb cruiser complain too much bb

the cycle never ends, things will normalize again soon

5 posts
5,780 battles

I understand completely where your coming from.

Assuming most people play the game for fun and relaxation, if it stops being fun as you have pointed out with radar, people will vote with their feet and stop playing DDs.

Has this not occured?

Beta Tester
908 posts
3 hours ago, BossCocky_1 said:

I understand completely where your coming from.

Assuming most people play the game for fun and relaxation, if it stops being fun as you have pointed out with radar, people will vote with their feet and stop playing DDs.

Has this not occured?

Pretty much. 

If its not missions. I havnt intentionally taken out a DD for the last 6 months plus. 

1,126 posts

I won't stop playing my shimakaze

I just resorts back to use 20 km torpedo

since game these day are heavily punished aggressive/objective play for DD 

so I don't care anymore about objective...

before radar came, it's DD spot DD and which side have more support, win

but that's meta is no more 

radar/hydro that extend beyond ship detection is become common and can see through island at that...