You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KmonX

What do I use my money for?

8 comments in this topic

[SUMGA]
22 posts
4,019 battles

Hello Ive been wondering what I should buy with the money I have atm. I'm a player who plays a ton of Battleships and Destroyers. (I only have british cruiser to play for cruisers ex. Mino) So my friends told me to get the Nelson since its really fun but I also wanted to try out the cruisers. I have tried Takao(Atago ver. Arp) and Mino but I have never really got around trying german cruisers before. since Prinz Eugen and Hipper just got buffed recently (Eugen with Heal charges and Hipper with better rof) There is also a Scharnhorst in the shop. But since they all have their strengths and weaknesses I have watched videos of CCs playing them and listened to them explaining it. Still Its way hard for me to decide. Can you guys recommend me something and maybe also tell me why? (FYI, I have played mino,Musashi,Tirpitz,takao,Yueyang so far. I did enjoy Yueyang and mino with radar.)

[LBAS]
Super Tester
1,287 posts

It all depends on your playstyle.

Scharnhorst is a great BC and can brawl well.

Nelson is also a good BB, with ultra heal and it's ability to HE spam with it's 46% fire chance shells.

It's up to you.....

Super Tester
7,539 posts
7,978 battles

Scharnhorst does not play like conventional BB. Since you play a ton of BB and CA/CL, id recommend you to get Scharnhorst as it provides a new experience, you play her as a battlecruiser. Nelson is typical BB who mostly spams HE, and as you already played heavy cruisers too, Eugen won't be much difference at all.

161 posts
5,905 battles

Not one talk about Prinz yet?

If you do enjoy YY and Mino then, I won't recommends Prinz.

Also, you mentioned CCs that reviewed Prinz, so I'm guessing ichase, and Notser which are both NA CC. Remember NA meta doesn't quite work here.

You might find, even with the buff repair heal charges that allows you to trade more, or make more risky moves. Main battery is a bit on the lacking side. Prinz is still a ship that need to try even harder to get good games. Especially with getting into T9-T10 matches which is not uncommon. An underwhelming choice.

Atago is a much more better choice for T8 premium CA, if you're willing to spend money on, better conceal, better HE, better ship handling, better torps, better DPM.

I think you might be more frustrated.

Or just get Scharnhorst.

Edited by HeidimarieW

114 posts
3,889 battles

Just buy Belfast...

Wait a minute...

Edited by Exiaa

1,011 posts
7,459 battles

If you like BB's, I think you will like Prince Eugen and quite forgiving with the heal. Drives like a little Tirpitz.

I personally like Scharnhorst, but you really have to play her like a heavy cruiser or pocket battleship. You may find it frustrating when you 283mm shells bounce off "real" BB's. I find myself switching ammo quite often in Scharni.

I recently bought Nelson and the few games I played were fun. Just keep an eye on the map and don't show broadside, or you may not survive for very long.

683 posts
7,347 battles

Meta in Asia, much less broadside target, plus very bad tier 8 MM (frequently bottom tier) makes hipper/prinz difficult to play. HE alpha damage is weak, and the AP penetration is not reliable. 

I think German Cruisers as a whole in a bad position. Better hydro? There are so many radar ships. AP not better than others in terms of reliability or alpha damage. Good AA? Well, just hope CV population recovers after CV rework.. Jack of all trades ended up master of none.

So if you intend to go down German cruiser line with the help of prinz, I think it's gonna be hard :(

I don't have Atago, but I do played ARP Takao, she is a better choice in current meta, fair better facing tier 10.

PS: my first tier 10 is Hindenburg, but I feel so sad playing her now.. 

You may consider good premium from tier 7. Frequently top tier (I supposed; been grinding tier 10 for legendary mod recently), and depends on which nation you wanna grind.

Nelson.. I don't have her, but she is quite frustrating to fight against with.