Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
O_WO_Admiral

How to do when you're the only cv player left on the team?

17 comments in this topic

2 posts

like what I said , recently it's a pain that I keep losing when playing CV , tier V Zuiho and Tier VI Ryujo , I do scouting , try to help teammate when they're trap in a 1 v multiple  fight , try to give AA support , reduce the lost of planes when I'm facing USN cv , still , no matter what happened , it's so easy that I soon become the last one standing for no reason and the enemy team got like at least 1 cv and 2/3 BB or 2-3 CL and 1 DD left and I've to stop them capping , but well things aren't always go so good and I lose for many times

so how I supposed to do when facing such problem?thx

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Nothing you can do really. Low tier CVs provide very limited capabilities.

Just finish the grind and move on to next tier. And hope that you get good teams.

534 posts

Either surrender or try to survive as long as you can if there's a chance to get solo warrior or you just want to troll the player from winning team who will get a kraken after sinking you by hiding and not getting killed

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,826 posts
4,103 battles

All you can do is:

Fight to the end.  Appropriate in most circumstances.

Hide. if you are guaranteed to win on cap points by not being spotted. (Only reason).

I tend to burn the majority of my reports on ships that hide when they are the last ship and let the counter run out.

459 posts
8,266 battles

You can hope they try to no-cap-kill-all and gradually sink them as they try and catch up to you.... if you can.

Seriously though just do your best to fight on til the end, sometimes there's nothing you can do to carry.

[ANZUS]
17 posts
2,484 battles

I've watched that scenario a few times and wondered. Mostly it seems you should stick your head between your knees and kiss , you know the rest.

233 posts
13,939 battles
48 minutes ago, Soloun said:

Only play CV's against bot teams. 

AI Bots cream the entire human team. Seriously. That happens more often than you think.

481 posts
7,606 battles
12 minutes ago, dejiko_nyo said:

AI Bots cream the entire human team. Seriously. That happens more often than you think.

This happens so often in games I play it is not funny. Makes for a more exciting and challenging game needing to win after being left alone against 4 or 5 ships.

Also friendly team bots seem quite useless, while enemy bots can actually be decent at times. So many games where I am the only human in co-op and the friendly bots just evaporate or something and I'm left alone against 7 or 8 enemy ships. 

To the OP. You can only do your best. Keep your chin up and try to win no matter the situation. That is all anyone can do. 

Maybe try to join a clan or div up with people you know so at least some of your team will be better players.

233 posts
13,939 battles
2 hours ago, HobartAWD said:

Also friendly team bots seem quite useless, while enemy bots can actually be decent at times.

Like that wtf CV that rng decided to preserve in our match this evening... A lone GK vs Montana plus Musashi plus Cleveland plus GK is... not nice especially when your support runs away.

Edited by dejiko_nyo
spelling

Super Tester
7,522 posts
7,978 battles

Although you might take it negatively, but if you find yourself in such situations a lot, it's partly your fault too. Staying alive longer than others doesn't always mean you were better, often more so it means that you failed your job of protecting your teammates.

So I guess keep practicing, and learn to prioritize targets better and pick up support locations, if allied cv doesn't work with you, you work with him.

[ANZAC]
340 posts
11,472 battles
On 24/06/2018 at 5:05 AM, O_WO_Admiral said:

like what I said , recently it's a pain that I keep losing when playing CV , tier V Zuiho and Tier VI Ryujo , I do scouting , try to help teammate when they're trap in a 1 v multiple  fight , try to give AA support , reduce the lost of planes when I'm facing USN cv , still , no matter what happened , it's so easy that I soon become the last one standing for no reason and the enemy team got like at least 1 cv and 2/3 BB or 2-3 CL and 1 DD left and I've to stop them capping , but well things aren't always go so good and I lose for many times

so how I supposed to do when facing such problem?thx

Watch some youtubers who specialize in CV - like Fara. Like this clip, okay he is not quite the last player, but he knows he is going to die, so he sets up auto drops for his offensive planes, sets his fighter to protect the other CV.  And he really talks through what he targets and why, Might help.

2 posts
於 2018/6/25 在 AM9點11分,j0e90 說:

Watch some youtubers who specialize in CV - like Fara. Like this clip, okay he is not quite the last player, but he knows he is going to die, so he sets up auto drops for his offensive planes, sets his fighter to protect the other CV.  And he really talks through what he targets and why, Might help.

I had done such things million times already and my cv teammate is like

oh you die?

noob

(insert cri.jpg)

then get a dd kill

Edited by O_WO_Admiral

Sign in to follow this