You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LandoCalrissian

Supercontainer Drop Rate

33 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
5 posts
5,190 battles

I've got about 70 containers sitting there, but not one is a super container. I used to get them about 1 in 30-35 containers. Has the rate changed?

320 posts
4,672 battles

I've only got 4-5 in total over my entire WoWS history. It would seem to be closer to every 1:300-350.

But I then don't actively select the "do you feel lucky" option.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I always take the credit/flag/consumable containers and get a SC drop every 20-30.   I used to take TYL and they dropped every 40+ with a much lower overall return.  I never touch TYL anymore

1,347 posts
8,860 battles

Iirc WG has said the chance of a SC from the TYL option is about 3%. Other options are half that so 1.5%. 

Personally I don't bother with the TYL. I pick either the credit or the flag options.

460 posts
8,337 battles

I actually prefer not to get the SC, as every time I get one I get something I don't need or want. They are almost always a let down.

161 posts
5,905 battles

I just got two SC in one day yesterday after a one month-ish gap, so I don't think estimations applies here, completely randoms.

260 posts
4,654 battles

For me, on average(feeling) for TYL is 40+. Other container(signals) 60-70+. After looking through forums, I think other containers are more worth it if you are not aiming for get any good things from SC. At least those normal containers can offset those flags/consumables that you spent in battle.

[LBAS]
Beta Tester
324 posts

Does Super Container exists?

I thought it is a myth because I don't even have 10 of them since it had introduced.

Beta Tester
213 posts
4,131 battles

Get 1-2 every 3-4 month or so (they usually came in row though), i always take 1-2 flag container + 1TYL, just feel more efficient that way, credit and consumable not that worth imo.

the only good thing i ever got from SC is tier 6 french CL that i rarely touch, the rest is..........spotting planes mod, at least it is good camping material :cap_book:

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles
11 hours ago, LandoCalrissian said:

Wow, there is no consistency here lol It'd be interesting to have an official figure from WG.

As someone said above, it's 3% for TYL, 1.5% for the other containers.

320 posts
4,672 battles

1.5% means once every 66 containers on average, but you'd need to have received about 500-1000 containers before you'd be able to build up any feel for the drop frequency since 100-200 interval dry spells are not that uncommon statistically.

[SUMGA]
22 posts
4,020 battles

I had a time when I got SC few days in a row. I also had times when I had to wait for like a while 1-2 months for a single one to come out. Recently I get them 1 or 2 (if Im lucky maybe even up to 5-6) a week. Though nothing really that outstanding being usually a camo or a flag. But just recently I got Radar module from it which is hell awesome and placed it on my Mino (because Im a pervert.) or since I had money I put them in my Yueyang (Cuz I'm a pervert.)

29 posts
2,755 battles

I came to the conclusion that super containers turn up fairly regularly on 'Try your luck' when you first start playing WOWS, but after a time they just stop. At least that is my experience. It has been months since I have had one turn up and I have been rolling the dice every time I'm due for a container. Am going  to ignore them from now on and aim for specific things like signals and resources. 

Edited by Pete_the_pirate

Beta Tester
5 posts
5,190 battles
1 hour ago, Pete_the_pirate said:

I came to the conclusion that super containers turn up fairly regularly on 'Try your luck' when you first start playing WOWS, but after a time they just stop. At least that is my experience. It has been months since I have had one turn up and I have been rolling the dice every time I'm due for a container. Am now going  to ignore them and aim for specific things. 

I think that's the same conclusion I have come to. They lure you in just to get you doing it, waste away your credits and signals and then end up getting dubloons to resettle the balance. I have just started getting the credits and signal boxes, far more value.

361 posts
3,693 battles

Don't waste your time on tyl, it wouldn't drop anything good. I sure wg tune tune the drop rate for sc and they denied it. Last time it was not like that. People are getting free ships and 20m credits but nowadays you seldom see it. Drop useless upgrade modules. It been 3 month since my last sc. Let see how far it can stretch. I going to eat popcorn and watch. :cap_popcorn:

Edited by th3vikings

683 posts
7,358 battles

The only possible things I want will be special flags, ships, doubloon from supercontainer. I had tried a long time TYL containers only, the long term return seemed not good. Now I'm picking "more resource" containers, so far I feel satisfied. :)

1,011 posts
7,482 battles

SCs? Sore point!

For me, SC drops are rare, probably hundreds of normal containers between SC’s.

When people say “20-30” or “twice a day”, that sounds to me like they play another game.

I remember my first SC, which had 70k XP and allowed me to research and upgrade my first T7 ship. Otherwise, SCs come with packs of standard flags or consumables that are nothing special, because they are cheap to buy anyway.

SC’s cause me frustration.

[SIF]
Super Tester
3,836 posts
4,138 battles

I've found that I now take nothing other than "more resources" and my drop rate has decreased.  But I'm not really worried as the "more resources" containers are very good choice.  SC's are generally duds anyway.