Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LordTyphoon

Uss Johnston

3 comments in this topic

980 posts
12,617 battles

While I don't agree with this guys' idea of putting Johnston into the game (like what the hell seriously a premium camo lol), it would be great if the first free XP DD be the USS Johnston, for historical reasons I shouldn't have to mention here. 

My idea is for it to have a super heal (like the real life Johnston which tanked an unbelievable amount of fire and damage before going down) with really crap torpedoes (Mahan stock torps) for testing.

Another iteration for testing could be a Fletcher with bad torpedoes (Benson) but with an extra long lasting speed boost so that it can daks daka for a long time before getting Tyrannosaurus rekt, just like the real Johnston. 

Would make for interesting premium ship. 

Discussssssssss. 

157 posts
4,084 battles

You know this thread is actually going to finally bring me out of lurking.

No, we do not need another Tier IX prem ship let alone another USN gunboat. Considering the current RADAR meta, it wouldn't make much sense to drop a Prem DD into the fold right now. If any new DD's should be added it should be the Royal Navy or the Regia Marina line.

We still haven't seen how the rest of the IJN gunboat line are going to fair in the new meta, let alone a completely new one. 

The Camo idea is a little better, but then what's to stop WG from charging for every notable ship in every notable class. Forget campaigns focused on achieving a new ship like the DoY or the Indianapolis. Instead they just give you a new camo to a ship you might not have or even want.

And with that I retreat back into my wonderful little shell. :etc_hide_turtle:

Edited by darkflame88

Beta Tester
605 posts
6,774 battles
16 hours ago, darkflame88 said:

No, we do not need another Tier IX prem ship let alone another USN gunboat. Considering the current RADAR meta, it wouldn't make much sense to drop a Prem DD into the fold right now. If any new DD's should be added it should be the Royal Navy or the Regia Marina line.

WG have recently said they would like the next free xp T9 ship to be a DD.  It won't be this year though.

Whether it's the Johnston or not - well that ship has the history, but do we need another Fletcher? 

I would personally prefer something like https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_destroyer_Volta which has a markedly different playstyle to most current DD's.  4x2 138's (with much better ballistics than the Aigle since they are the long barrelled version) with a slowish reload (about 6s), okay torps on a quick reload (2x2 and 2x3 launchers), high speed of 39kts+ (and French speed boost), not particularly maneuverable for a DD, crappy AA.  It would probably play most similarly to the Blyska.

This would be a very unique and interesting ship, perfect for a free xp premium.

Edited by Moggytwo

Sign in to follow this